User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    461 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I used to think that I was ISFP. I'd say that there's about a 10% chance that I still am. And I agree with you, it seems like a lot of ISFPs don't continue labeling themselves as that type, or they've done the opposite and typed as something else for a long while.

I can see why there's a lot of uncertainty about the type. The biggest problem in my opinion is that online descriptions of ISFP are generally horrid. Most are very shallow and stereotype the ISFP type as sensitive, animal-loving, and artistic. Especially the ones on dichotomy tests, disgusting.

Also, I agree with you that a lot of them can be abstract similar to INFPs. I think that a lot of ISFPs who don't study cognitive functions in detail would type as INFP just because the dichotomy descriptions of ISFP make them seem so non-abstract, when really they have tert Ni and a lot of ISFPs do connect with that function.
    4w3 6w5 1w9 ~ sp/sx ~ Melancholic ~ Slytherin ~ Chaotic Neutral

pull me down again and guide me into pain

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I hover on the border of ISFP and ISTP.
    I am so strongly ISP. But close to the line on T and F.
    Sometimes I identify so strongly with ISTP, sometimes with ISFP.
    I think in my case it is just co-incidence. I think I probably am ISTP with developed feeling side.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ESI None

The descriptions suck and pretty much describe Winnie the Pooh, who is nice, slow, and dimwitted. I have great depth of feeling, I'm abstract, and artistic, but not a special little "intuitive". I'm not stupid either.

The nature of tertiary Ni is that it is prone to planting seeds of doubt. It overanalyzes things, suspecting that it knows the truth but that it just needs that extra bit of proof to show the world that it's right. It reads in between the lines, but it's actually not very good at that and yet is completely unaware that it sucks at it. Tertiary Ni is comparable to conspiracy theorists in a way.

So, someone might identify as ISFP only to later question it. With Fi-Ni looping, there can also be an element of "shit, I don't know who I am or what I am talking about, and now everyone can see that... they KNOW that I don't know, so I better just take my type down." The cure of course is to look at the facts that are in front of you and also get back in touch with what YOU know to be true for you.

This is my interpretation of it at least. I've only been studying ISFP functions and loops/grip for a week or two now.

I think it is probably really likely that a lot of INFJs are actually just underdeveloped ISFPs who are overestimating the strength of their Ni and also not yet grasping the function definitions properly (inferior thinking). This doesn't mean they are stupid, it just can take some muscle flexing to access that inferior part of themselves so that they can objectively understand things without Fi stubbornly halting their progress or Ni confusing the fuck out of them by leading them astray.

I may at some point decide to remove my type publicly just because I get really tired of people thinking they know me and it's really not healthy to get sucked into Ni confusion or alternatively get reactive and defensive.

Here is a good video that helped me to solidify my type. I was having a hard time understanding Se tangents/spontaneity vs Ne tangents/spontaneity.

I also realized that I had too much Se for an INFJ after I noticed how I constantly am looking at what people are wearing and how attractive and stylish I perceive them to be, and how I will see something that reminds me of something else but not in an overly abstract sense, or how I was just watching TV the other day and I noticed in a scene that the trim at the top of the wall didn't continue all the way around the room and it really caught my eye and bothered me. An INFJ would never notice these things with such ease.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

@Peter Deadpan may I ask why you think it’s important you need to prove your type to anyone else?

I think it’s been accepted that people will allow you to see yourself as who you are. Has anyone been questioning you recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @Peter Deadpan may I ask why you think it’s important you need to prove your type to anyone else?

I think it’s been accepted that people will allow you to see yourself as who you are. Has anyone been questioning you recently?
    Who said I am trying to prove my type to others? Did you consider that maybe I just like to communicate my thoughts and put it out there for others to understand my perspective?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Who said I am trying to prove my type to others? Did you consider that maybe I just like to communicate my thoughts and put it out there for others to understand my perspective?
    You did mention repeatedly that you don’t know why people are seeing you as your previous image and hope in time they’ll accept.

Here's one example:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    It's so cute when you change your type after a year and none of the Si users can see you as anything different than what they know.
    Give it time.
    *pats all Si users on head*

You did mention repeatedly that you don’t know why people are seeing you as your previous image and hope in time they’ll accept.
    That stems from my irritation with people being unable to be open-minded and neutral. I stand by the belief that typing strangers via the Internet is extremely inaccurate and oftentimes arrogant. For example, I think people love to scream "Fe!" anytime someone isn't sure of a type and asks for outside opinions or acts overly emotional, which I think mostly just shows people's lack of understanding the functions properly.

Of course, for full disclosure, I am an individual highly preoccupied with identity, which will always likely be obvious to anyone observing me. I grow less concerned with the erroneous assessments of others the more knowledge I gain about the system. Part of me likes to educate others, so sometimes I do try to convert others to seeing my typing because it is beneficial to have dialogues about the functions to weed out stereotypes and misconceptions, for all parties involved.

Here's one example:
    It's a joke. I thought it was an obvious one, but apparently it wasn't...