• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] INTJ (Male) + ISTP (Male)

llmerrick

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am intrigued by an ISTP. We are both in our 30s.
He is an artist, and I am in a phase of my life where I have developed my aesthetic sensibilities.
His gaze is not as vapid as an INTPs, but has an element of intense awareness of his immediate environment.
I suspect that even if he's staring straight forward he's acutely aware of what's going on behind him.
I see invisible tentacles undulating around him, making come-hither motions. Damn him and his raw sexual aura.

Questions for ISTPs (it doesn't matter if you're a male or female)

How would you act if someone you're sexually intrigued by is around?

Have you ever met someone you think is above your league so far as sex is concerned?

How would you act around such a person?

What if said person expressed mild interest in you, how would you act then?

Would you prefer to initiate, or would you prefer that the other person initiate contact?

Would you do 'hinty' things when he's around in order for him to initiate contact?

What do you NOT like about INTJs?

What do you like about INTJs?

How do you generally approach committing to a relationship?
---friends ---> FBuds ---> committed (or some other order?)

What can an INTJ say or do that would royally piss you off to the point that you will completely dismiss him forever?

Would you engage in a random hookup, or do you prefer to chat with the person first before hooking up with them?

How often do you prefer to have sex: every night? every other night? every week?

Are you open to only spending time with a potential mate once a week, with the rest of the week being spent all to yourself?

Are you open to only spending time with your significant other just before bed-time, with the rest of the day where you spend time by yourself?

I would gladly initiate contact, I just need to know what topics to avoid and how not to act/speak. My fully authentic self has gotten me in so much social trouble in the past, so basically I want to show him a watered down version of my authentic self in the beginning and slowly ease in my fully authentic self over a long period of time.

Please help.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am intrigued by an ISTP. We are both in our 30s.
He is an artist, and I am in a phase of my life where I have developed my aesthetic sensibilities.
His gaze is not as vapid as an INTPs, but has an element of intense awareness of his immediate environment.
I suspect that even if he's staring straight forward he's acutely aware of what's going on behind him.
I see invisible tentacles undulating around him, making come-hither motions. Damn him and his raw sexual aura.

Questions for ISTPs (it doesn't matter if you're a male or female)

Please help.

Hello! I'm XSTP (probably ESTP, but close enough...)

My eyes try to keep on them as much as possible. Unlike usual acquaintances, I actually attempt to get close to you (going out of my way to attract you is of great honor!)
Have you ever met someone you think is above your league so far as sex is concerned?
Met people who are not my type but not "out of my league" (if there really is such a thing).
Same as the first question. But I would elaborate that I would try make my presence know to them more than usual (showing off).
I would subtly move in. It depends on if the person is compatible with me personality wise, makes things more smooth and like to do things with little effort.
Would you prefer to initiate, or would you prefer that the other person initiate contact?
I would prefer the other to initiate, but that's just me.
Would you do 'hinty' things when he's around in order for him to initiate contact?
My usual thing is to try to get within their view as often as I can.
N/A
N/A (Lack of introspection to have a say on the above).

How do you generally approach committing to a relationship?
---friends ---> FBuds ---> committed (or some other order?)
Same with everybody; It just happens. If things work out, they work out.

What can an INTJ say or do that would royally piss you off to the point that you will completely dismiss him forever?
I think that is more of a personal thing than a type thing. I will say TPs don't like being suffocated in terms of being controlled or expected to display emotions at a whim
Would you engage in a random hookup, or do you prefer to chat with the person first before hooking up with them?
Personally, the latter.
How often do you prefer to have sex: every night? every other night? every week?
On paper, everyday sounds like a dream, but I would say every week or around that. Like drugs, the more often you do it, the less thrill you get from it (PS, I don't do drugs). This is just me. Everyone is different.
Are you open to only spending time with a potential mate once a week, with the rest of the week being spent all to yourself?
I'm cool with that. As they say, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder”.
Are you open to only spending time with your significant other just before bed-time, with the rest of the day where you spend time by yourself?
I personally like having the rest of the day to myself.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. A lot of questions.
I'll give you a brief rundown.

If I like someone sexually I will flirt. I will find reason to message them outside of being around them in person.
I never think anyone is out of my league, I always consider them fair game.
I don't play games. I don't care who initiates. If I'm interested I will be quite forthcoming and open about it. I would rather just say or someone just say to me rather than hints and games.
"Do you want to come for dinner with me sometime?"
"Do you want to come round and fuck me sometime?" Both would be quite acceptable. Be black and white. Don't fuck about with asking for what you want. An ISTP is either interested or not. Games won't make any difference.

I had a fling with an INTJ once. I liked her intensity and intelligence. In the end we were just too different in a lot of ways and there was something missing for me. Not necessarily type related. So you should go for it.

Personally I like to fuck first then think about relationship in time. I don't like to be pushed or pressured into any kind of commitment and I think a lot of ISTPs are like this. Keep it fun and interesting and the ISTP will stick around. Be boring and pressuring and the ISTP will just up and leave.

Something to piss off an ISTP and make them just leave forever. Boredom. Or trying to confine them. Let them be free. Let them choose to be around you because you are fun and interesting and a great fuck. Whatever you do don't pressure them or try and get them to make promises.

Random hook ups are fine with me and probably most ISTPs. They are here for a good time.

Sex drive wise.... as much as possible. Sex is one of my favourite things and ISTPs have a lot of time for their favourite things.

As for time to spend with a potential mate.... If i have time for the other shit I want to do, then always happy to spend my down time with someone I am into. This will be different for each ISTP. Figure out what they love doing and when it is and then DO NOT INFRINGE ON THIS TIME EVER. The rest of their time... fine.. they will be up for seeing you.

My advice: Initiate contact, be fun, be interesting, be you, be clear that you are into him. Find out what he is into and use that to initiate chat. An ISTP will talk forever about a subject they are passionate about. Just go for it. If he talks to you, he is interested. If he isn't interested he just won't reply.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Keep your ears and eyes open with communication focused on solutions. Dont play games, know that your opinion is such and not facts. Always find the balance, because your pros and cons do not always align with theirs. That means its not about what you think or know will happen, its about what you can both accept will happen and will work with. Life isnt about avoiding problems, its about how to make the best of situations that head in the direction you want to go.

I have yet to be romantically interested in an INTJ, but its how me and my dad work together and if i am ever doing something i will call him because i enjoy working with him and he calls me as well. Its a very functional friendship without fights. Now, i have been told we bicker and arghe like an old couple, but the end is always "lets try something" so we just pick one idea and see if it will work.

blob

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would get to know them more

Yes

Normally knowing that theyre out of my league. Id just observe from afar, thats all.

Really happy

I suck at initiating contact because im afraid they they do not like me back

Yes

I assume every intj is different human being so its hard to tell what i dislike

Same as above

Im isxp