• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Why are estp's so misrepresented

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
Worry not, one can't mention SPECTACULAR without ESTP. If some people happen to dislike us that means they're wasting a chance to have a spectacularity in their life. In that case, it's their problem, not ours.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know this thread is rather old, but I think I have something important to say.

When anyone reports on a type generally, they are generalizing and reporting their experience with a small subset of the population.

I see people say things about my type all the time. "ENFPs are overly emotional" or "ENFPs are manipulative." I'm certain I'm not either. I don't get worked up about it because someone is probably just ranting about a bad experience they had with one person of that particular type. There are millions upon millions of every type in theory. So there are going to be a considerable amount of bad people of every type.

It's not even a matter if someone's a good or bad person at times. People just rub each other the wrong way. There's nothing you can really do about that usually. You;re just being yourself. The people who truly matter will embrace the person you are :)