Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Korvinagor View Post
    I must say, that's rather difficult to describe. I mean, if something looks good, I can point it out, I suppose. If anything, perhaps a lack of clutter is appealing to me. An empty desktop with only a wallpaper. A single colourful waveform. A room lit by a single candle. Things like that.
    So, something like minimalism?
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond, Norrsken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I collect everything I find beautiful here - but here's a few

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    So, something like minimalism?
    Well...sort of? The thing is, it's more than just that, you know? But I suppose it's the best word to describe it.
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond, Yama liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The derail on free speech and aesthetic criticism has been moved to the Graveyard. If there is interest in discussing the merits and methods of aesthetic judgment, a new thread can be started for that purpose, and the moved posts added to it.

Do stay at least within a stone's throw of the topic.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Switzerland is my aesthetic. Hope to travel there soon.

she took my heart
    i think she took my soul

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I find myself just drawn to the word, aesthetic, on it's own. I think it's beautiful on it's own. But I'm definitely drawn to a lot of images. I just sort of deem them 'aesthetic' on my own because I think they're pretty, or, I want that. I don't know what it is.

4113814a9e0f44a90db5374adf097459.jpg

9384e730a89edf7933674e1679e116ee.jpg

99e003679c3433187edee3ed5e252975.jpg

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    7 so

Default Inspiration Part 1:

Visually Appealing Thread The Thread that inspired this one <---Ya'll should check it out and share some visually appealing things ^_^

There's something especially inspiring about following the old roads and seeing where they go...

There aren't any good guys, and there aren't any bad guys.
    There's just us.
    People.
    Doing our best to get by.

Unicorn in disguise Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default Adventure and Fun

9w1 7w6 4w3 Saugine Pisces Sun,Libra Moon, Libra Rising
    Likes geedoenfj, DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    Do you ever find yourself drawn to certain aesthetics more than others? Do you prefer consistency with them. Or do you find your tastes change? Feel free to include examples in your preferred medium of expression, and feel free to be as detailed as you like. I am not limiting to aesthetics of beauty as @magpie has a fantastic thread for that already, and if you don't already, you should certainly participate in it, it's rather smashing. but rather any aesthetic is fair game so to speak. This will likely be a very subjective thread. As in diverse. As in there's no accounting for taste, but please try to avoid being disruptive or judgemental. You are of course free to express yourself, I request only that such expression be done with respect. In regards to NSFW; As far as I know spoiler it with a warning and don't break the forum rules.

Everyone, is of course welcome, to constructively participate ^_^
    Given such an open invitation, I will.

I like @Kas' idea of categories. My preferred aesthetic will depend on the application as well. Am I enjoying artwork in a museum, choosing decor for my house, or getting dressed for a formal event?

In general I prefer things that are understated, subtle, perhaps even on the minimalist side. I don't like overload: too many colors, shapes, disparate elements, clutter. Juxtaposing elements that "don't go", or seem at odds with each other is OK if thoughtful, creative, streamlined. In fact, I like art that presents elements in an unusual and creative way: patterns that are not obvious, different perspectives on common things, focusing on just one part of a thing, etc. Artwork that is too realistic doesn't draw me in, but if it is too formless or incoherent, it comes across as noise.

With places, it is similar. I like spaces that are interesting without compromising comfort and utility. Materials are important. Nothing more boring than plain off-white plasterboard walls and wall-to-wall carpet, or the office equivalent. Wood is good, and glass, and metal. Plain stone gothic churches, not baroque ones overrun with gratuitous decoration. I was in one such place in Europe that was so ornately decorated with gold, green, etc. It had the sensation of a jungle run amok. It didn't help that the day was rather humid. I kept expecting water to drip on me, and felt creeped out in a way that hardly ever happens.

So, examples:

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...