• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What are your dreams like?

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I read an interesting thread in the NF forum about remembering dreams. Two things in particular stuck out to me. Many people said they either could not remember their dreams or they could only remember them for a few minutes after waking before forgetting them. Another common occurrence was that people could remember the overall feeling of a dream but could not remember the details or events.

So that made me start thinking about what dreams were like for SPs. I dream 1-3 dreams a night (the higher end on nights when I wake up then go back to sleep). It's rare for me to not have any dreams in a night. I don't remember every dream I have but I usually remember most of my dreams in detail - what happened, how many people were there, what everyone was doing, colors, feelings, etc. The times I can't remember my dreams, I remember the overall feeling when I wake up and if I try really hard I can remember some bits and pieces. I am sometimes aware that I'm dreaming while I'm dreaming and can change things, particularly when it's something I don't like or that I find uncomfortable. If I want to dream about something specific, I can think about that before bed and dream about it. I feel emotions in dreams and some physical sensations, but I've never felt bad feelings (fear, anxiety) or pain in my dreams. I've also never had a nightmare or felt as though I had one that I couldn't remember when I wake up. It's like my dreams are my safe place kind of.

I'm curious about how SPs dream. So tell me:

1. What are your dreams like?
  2. What do you normally dream about?
  3. How often do you dream?
  4. Do you remember your dreams? How often? If so, how much do you remember?
  5. Are you more likely to remember the details of a dream or just the overall picture/feeling? Or is it a combination of both?
  6. What do you feel in your dreams? Feelings? Physical sensations?
  7. Can you control your dreams while they're happening or dream about something specific you want to dream about? If so, how often can you do this?
  8. Do you dream in color or black & white or both? If both, which is more frequent?
  9. How often do you have nightmares? Are nightmares any more vivid for you than regular dreams?
  10. Any type other interesting things about your dreams you want to share?

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
[*]What are your dreams like?
- usually i don't remember my dreams, it's as if i never been dreaming at all. XD but one thing i realized, whenever I'm about to sleep kind of stress, i dream. XD but whenever I'm happy going to bed, i don't dream at all. XD i just wake up seeing it's morning already xD

[*]What do you normally dream about?
- Okay. Whenever i dream, i usually dream of ghosts, being in a haunted house, being in a deep blue ocean, being naked, getting fucked.. Or dreaming about something with the people in my past. Everything not really good [emoji14]

[*]How often do you dream?
- it's like twice a month i guess.

[*]Do you remember your dreams? How often? If so, how much do you remember?
- I remember it if it's really scary. XD like i can actually remember it.. :) blurry.. I don't remember the faces but the actions, what happened i remember.

[*]Are you more likely to remember the details of a dream or just the overall picture/feeling? Or is it a combination of both?
- overall i guess, details? Like the face etc, what colors etc nope..

[*]What do you feel in your dreams? Feelings? Physical sensations?
- Scared xD hmmmmmmmmm.. More on feelings i guess. No physical sensation.

[*]Can you control your dreams while they're happening or dream about something specific you want to dream about? If so, how often can you do this?
- Sometimes i do when i was younger.. But i don't think I'm even dreaming because i control it.. I had lucid dreams when i was younger.. Lots of lucid dreams..

[*]Do you dream in color or black & white or both? If both, which is more frequent?
Not really.. It has colors

[*]How often do you have nightmares? Are nightmares any more vivid for you than regular dreams?
- I don't remember regular dreams.. I more remember nightmares

[*]Any type other interesting things about your dreams you want to share?
- When i was younger i always experience lucid dreaming. I saw myself sleeping but i can hear the actual sounds around me.. It's sleep paralysis i guess.. But i can see myself... It's scary actually. XD
Then the last time i had encountered sleep paralysis, i saw a demon in the window during my lucid dreaming then i face to another direction then i opened my eyes (lucid dreaming).. And see the demon close to close in front my face laughing. Then i prayed.. Then i suddenly woke up.. I'm really scared that i asked my churxhmates to pray for me.. After that i no longer encountered lucid dreaming ever again. :)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The older I get the less I remember dreams. I have had a few recurring ones. One where I'm being chased by some sort of killer. Each time is slightly different and it isn't a nightmare, the vibe is very "urgent; act now". Last time I had this dream I stopped running from the killer but ambushed him. Woke up before I killed him. Haven't had it since.

I also have one where if I concentrate hard enough I can levitate and rise super high in the air. It feels real and it's awesome.

I dream in color. Rarely have nightmares. I have been able to control my dreams (see ambush above). Had some sex dreams but more waking up aroused. Not anything I remember.