User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP

"If you're going to read this, don't bother.
    After a couple pages, you won't want to be here. So forget it. Go away. Get out while you're still in one piece.
    Save yourself.
    There has to be something better on television. Or since you have so much time on your hands, maybe you could take a night course. Become a doctor. You could make something out of yourself. Treat yourself to a dinner out. Color your hair.
    You're not getting any younger."

-Choke
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

Robos Husband 💜👑💋 Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the riverbank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, 'and what is the use of a book', thought Alice, 'without pictures or conversation?'

-Alice in Wonderland
    7w6 9w1 2w3 Saugine Pisces Sun,Libra Moon, Libra Rising

My Dear Lady Lavender

You are my heart and my soul and my love. You make me feel complete and whole. In my soul garden you are the prettiest sweetest little daisy there and yet the boldest rose at the same time. I love you so much princess <3.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar

“Squire Trelawney, Dr Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen having asked me to write down the whole particulars about Treasure Island, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the island, and that only because there is still treasure not yet lifted, I take up my pen in the year of grace 17-, and go back to the time when my father kept the Admiral Benbow inn, and the brown old seaman, with the sabre cut, first took up his lodging under our roof.” Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson (1883)

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.

FAHRENHEIT 451:
    The temperature at which book-paper catches fire and burns

PART I
    IT WAS A PLEASURE TO BURN

IT was a special pleasure to see things eaten, to see things blackened and changed. With the brass nozzle in his fists, with this great python spitting its venomous kerosene upon the world, the blood pounded in his head, and his hands were the hands of some amazing conductor playing all the symphonies of blazing and burning to bring down the tatters and charcoal ruins of history. With his symbolic helmet numbered 451 on his stolid head, and his eyes all orange flame with the thought of what came next, he flicked the igniter and the house jumped up in a gorging fire that burned the evening sky red and yellow and black. He strode in a swarm of fireflies. He wanted above all, like the old joke, to shove a marshmallow on a stick in the furnace, while the flapping pigeon-winged books died on the porch and lawn of the house. While the books went up in sparkling whirls and blew away on a wind turned dark with burning.

Montag grinned the fierce grin of all men singed and driven back by flame.
    He knew that when he returned to the firehouse, he might wink at himself, a minstrel man, burnt- corked, in the mirror. Later, going to sleep, he would feel the fiery smile still gripped by his face muscles, in the dark. It never went away, that. smile, it never ever went away, as long as he remembered.
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger, Metis liked this post

courage, dear heart ♥ DulcetRefrain's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

"Once, when I was six years old, I read a book about the primeval forest."

-The Little Prince (2015)

"Come away, oh, human child, to the waters and the wild with a fairy, hand in hand, for the world's more full of weeping than you can understand."

- Song of The Sea (2014)
    I am no bird, and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will.

I was quiet, but I was not blind.
    I would always rather be happy than dignified.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar

“Ladies and gentlemen, attention, please!
    Come in close where everyone can see!
    I got a tale to tell, it isn’t gonna cost a dime!
    (And if you believe that,
    we’re gonna get along just fine.)”
    ― Stephen King, Needful Things
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.