• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because even though I desperately need to go to bed and get some sleep, I'm reading this hilarious topic instead. :sleeping:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
1. They never learn from their mistakes.

2. They never learn from their mistakes.

3. THEY NEVER LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES!!!

Honestly, everything else is this thread is minor for me compared to that. It's damn-near appalling to see them doing the same thing over and over again. It's so in contrast to my NT "Self-diagnosis & Trouble-shooting" functions that there's just no way to wrap my head around it. I pretty much quit my last job because I couldn't deal with my ESTP boss's slip-ups anymore.
I don't think it's something to be considered on a daily basis, but usually long term mistakes that may be repeated years or a decade later like getting themselves from under financial difficulty with credit cards but being back in the same or a worse predicament down the road or repeating the mistake of having affairs and not learning.

In my opinion SPs are not going to make the same mistakes in the short-term, but our impulsive natures render us back in a position we found ourselves years earlier.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
  1. Activities with them could get you into trouble.
  2. They are horrible planners.
  3. They often forget to return things that you lend to them.
I agree with the second, but the first in my opinion could go for any type with the exception of maybe SJs. The third is completely untrue for me since I am conscious of having things I loan out, returned.
1. Leaping before they look -- even when they're standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon and you're tethered to their belt loops.
2. Too trusting of their own capabilities in dealing with things on the fly.
3. Give bungi cords a bad name.
These are all stereotypes and I doubt if on average SPs do these types of things anymore than other temperaments. The first is most likely an extraverted example in general since the average introvert will look before leaping. However the first example could be the result of the second example. I for one am not going to ever bungi jump, cliff dive, base jump or anything that I do not have control over. Hell I don’t even roller skate or mess with skateboards.
Top 3 reasons SPs suck:
1. I find conversations about bodily functions highly amusing. I can't help but stare at your chest....they are right in front of me!!
2. I will do that when I am good and ready.....which could possibly be never!
3. Quit being so sensitive wussy!
Since this would most likely occur based on poor Fe-ing, I don’t think that ISTPs would be any more prone than INTPs. Yet again this is most likely in my opinion the result of poor social skills in general. The second example would never be expressed, but may be well thought if I feel that I am being manipulated. Otherwise that’s s a stereotype (goes back to ISTPs making good military personnel where INTPs making the worse from conversations with members of INTPC). Most likely I would be passive aggressive in completing the request or directive only if I felt manipulated or completely disagreed with the directive. The final is partly true, but could be turned toward me when I am too stressed.
They can't understand why you're angry. It was ages ago that they totally screwed you over.
They don't take their responsibilities seriously and leave other people holding the bag.
The either can't predict or don't care about the consequences of their actions.
The final is totally true since the Ni is so low down the totem poll, but there is no indication that SPs in general are irresponsible. In fact everything that I have read and from my own personal experiences ISPs can be overly responsible. I am ambivalent about the first example since I can see from someone else’s perspective that I did screw them over when there was no intent.
1. will not give a direct answer to a direct question because they have to "think about it" which really means they just don't want to say no or they are too afraid to say yes and so they will say "not now" and never get back with you with an answer.
2. they minimize things. They say things like, "what are you so upset about? it's just water on the floor" (that you asked them to clean up 10 times in one f?%%%**!!! day!!) and then laugh.
3. little or no ability to see anything beyond what is right in front of their faces
Actually the first example could be true for me, as it could and most likely is for all introverted judging types that may need additional information before answering. Otherwise, I usually give quick responses to things that I have experience in. As for the second, I would be the one ranting based on your example but can see myself thinking that someone is over dramatizing a matter. Ummmm the final is a stereotype that goes back to SPs lacking the ability to theorize.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are all stereotypes and I doubt if on average SPs do these types of things anymore than other temperaments.

Bolded part: yup. That's how you should read all this.

But then I get to the next phrase, and now I have to get serious again: Have you ever lived with (i.e., shared a schedule, life, or budget with) an ISFJ or similar?

I've lived with both SPs and SJs. There's a big big big big BIG big big big big BIG big big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG REALLY HUMUNGOUS big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG incredibly big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG big big BIG big big big big BIG stupendously and rather big difference.

I'm not sure how you move from the first comment to the next in the next breath.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
They can't understand why you're angry. It was ages ago that they totally screwed you over.

No, we perfectly understand why you're angry, we just wish you'd hurry up and get over it already. We (or at least me), could be ready to kill someone, and come back a minute later and everything's back to normal from our perspective.

They either can't predict or don't care about the consequences of their actions.

It isn't either, it's just those consequences are often of less importance to us than they would be to you. I know exactly what will happen, if I think that outcome is the preferred one, then that's what I go with. To be honest, although some of my decisions may seem "dumb" to some people, I haven't regretted any of them.

2. they minimize things. They say things like, "what are you so upset about? it's just water on the floor" (that you asked them to clean up 10 times in one f?%%%**!!! day!!) and then laugh.

Sounds like me....but, that is a positive trait at times as well. When there's a crisis or something like that, it is quite helpful.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
LOL Jennifer that was funny. Okay I'll bite on your inquiry (at least I think it's an inquiry) but forgot the question after trying to count the number of times big was used. Oh yeah, ISFJ? I think I may know where you are going with this and if so, you are correct if you are insinuating a curbing of the SP free will if living with an SJ. But I don't want to put anymore words in your mouth until you can breathe and I will wait for you to expound on your inquiry.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know exactly what will happen, if I think that outcome is the preferred one, then that's what I go with. To be honest, although some of my decisions may seem "dumb" to some people, I haven't regretted any of them.
That's how I am, too (mostly)...there are some things I probably wouldn't want to repeat given a similar situation, but I have very few actual regrets. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have definitely learned from my mistakes. That doesn't mean I haven't moved on to making other mistakes, though. Or repeating the same mistakes I learned from because it was just so darn exciting and maybe I'll learn some more this time! :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have definitely learned from my mistakes. That doesn't mean I haven't moved on to making other mistakes, though. Or repeating the same mistakes I learned from because it was just so darn exciting and maybe I'll learn some more this time! :D

Of course. How much fun could there possibly be in learning from mistakes and..I dunno...DOING SOMETHING RIGHT?

Irresponsible, terrible with money.
Think everything is a big fucking joke especially when someone else is left to deal with the carnage in their wake. Not MY problem no more, mane.
Too trusting. Too stupid. Too emotional. Too volatile.
Unable to make a decision or stick with a decision.
Guess what? Crying me a river isn't going to make what you did disappear like it never happened.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course. How much fun could there possibly be in learning from mistakes and..I dunno...DOING SOMETHING RIGHT?

Actually, I think there's a lot of fun in that...sometimes.

Irresponsible, terrible with money.
Think everything is a big fucking joke especially when someone else is left to deal with the carnage in their wake. Not MY problem no more, mane.
Too trusting. Too stupid. Too emotional. Too volatile.
Unable to make a decision or stick with a decision.
Guess what? Crying me a river isn't going to make what you did disappear like it never happened.

I'm great with money. I spend it making people happy usually. And not always just myself. ;)

And I don't think everything is a joke...just most things. The rest is pretty much true, but on the bright side I'm easy to blame, so you always have a scapegoat. :headphne:

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
1. we're sluts or wouldn't mind being one
2. we're impulsive and can be destructive if unchecked
3. we're physical as we may get bored talking about things.

thefish

MBTI Type
ESTP
1. Sometimes, we just don't care, get bored, and look for something better to do
2. Engh...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Sometimes, we just don't care, get bored, and look for something better to do
2. Engh...

Well put. I have found that there are really only two kinds of people in this world:

1. Those that finish lists

Unique

Nice, so they come on the net and have a big cry about us.

For a start if there is a mess we may not clean up straight away because we can actually tolerate a certain amount of mess and will clean once it is actually at a point when it needs cleaning. Not just because you Js have an obsession with things being perfect. In return we get more free time and don't complain from lack of sleep, whinge on the internet or have headaches from stress.

I'm not sure about the other SPs but I manage my money extremely well. It's something I value highly. That said, going out and spending money on socializing is because we realise its one of humanity's basic needs. We also realise that we must not waste our youth and should live life in the now. Not caring about how many coins will be saved for when we retire. We will be old regardless. Life is not as enjoyable then. To a certain degree maybe but nothing compared to what you can do when you're younger.

Are we careless? No. We are realistic. We are not living in some fantasy world that because you work extremely hard you will get rewarded. This is not always the case.

Have you heard the saying "Work smart, not hard." its true.

We are not reckless in relationships. We push a few buttons to see how things work. Half the time we actually do find something interesting out that other types just think are "all in order".

When you start getting all illogical and difficult. We wont stop because your feelings are hurt. If you are being an idiot. We will tell you. Deal with it.

SPs are no less of a personality than any other type.

wolfy

awsm
Top 3 reasons why SPs suck.

1. That's the only way to get the milkshake out.
2. They are baby SPs.
3. They are taking in air for a big "this thread sucks" sigh.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) require temper tantrums to get them to do something

2) feel any money they see must be theirs

3) feel the same way about things as they do about money

mom and younger brother (ESFP) tended to do this to me, my youngest brother (ISFP) seems to only fit the tantrum one.

DUDE!!!!! Yes!!!!! Ughhhhh that drives me nuts!!! :steam:

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
1. We keep making the same mistakes.
2. We seldomly plan, and if we do, we either forget it or tackle it in some crude self-improvised way
3. Most of us are shallow!.

I wont blame people if they loathe us, i loathe myself sometimes, for the sheer idiocy of my past actions.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SPs suck cause..
You can't rely on them and neither can they.
Their temperament is about as reasonable as genocide.
they won't stop asking if your god damn well okay despite the fact that you've already said yes three times in a row in the last ten seconds!!! What are they goldfish?

I laughed so loud at that my ex (an ESFP) in the other room asked what was the matter!

"Nooooooooooothin." :newwink: