• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] The SP writer

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. I have been, here and there writing personal essays, mostly attempts at humor. I would like to become more disciplined about it, but I do have trouble motivating myself. One of the reasons, besides the obvious typical stuff, like lack of confidence, fear of growth, etc... that may or may not stand in the way, I think I have a hard time working on stuff that requires me to be physically idle. I do move at my own very leisurely pace, but I think I prefer to keep moving, to be physically active. So I think I am naturally resistant to something that would require me to well, be still for a while.

For anyone out there who writes or tries to, yet has this desire to be active in their activities, do you have any advice for this? Any advice besides stop writing and do something else. thanks again.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. I have been, here and there writing personal essays, mostly attempts at humor. I would like to become more disciplined about it, but I do have trouble motivating myself. One of the reasons, besides the obvious typical stuff, like lack of confidence, fear of growth, etc... that may or may not stand in the way, I think I have a hard time working on stuff that requires me to be physically idle. I do move at my own very leisurely pace, but I think I prefer to keep moving, to be physically active. So I think I am naturally resistant to something that would require me to well, be still for a while.

For anyone out there who writes or tries to, yet has this desire to be active in their activities, do you have any advice for this? Any advice besides stop writing and do something else. thanks again.

I often walked around the room and typed while standing. Then back to walking. Then after a while, I could get into a zone with it but it takes a while. I don't know what else to say. I'm not considering writing as a career. I do know that if you are, you do need to enact some discipline to get better at any craft. You just gotta push through it if you really want it. If you don't, then you may not really want it.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see where your coming from. I get my best ideas while I'm active. I have an odd habit of acting out possible writing ideas without intentionally doing so. The actions fuel my idea generator, but have a hard time settling down in a session putting it to paper. This is how I got through college and other writing objectives. If you have an idea, act it out, physically play out scenarios (make sure you don't break anything). Once things get flowing, put as much as you can to paper before you lose momentum. Once you do, get back up, and repeat. Continue the sequence until your finished with the product, or physically exhausted. Either way, a lot will get done.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I see where your coming from. I get my best ideas while I'm active. I have an odd habit of acting out possible writing ideas without intentionally doing so. The actions fuel my idea generator, but have a hard time settling down in a session putting it to paper. This is how I got through college and other writing objectives. If you have an idea, act it out, physically play out scenarios (make sure you don't break anything). Once things get flowing, put as much as you can to paper before you lose momentum. Once you do, get back up, and repeat. Continue the sequence until your finished with the product, or physically exhausted. Either way, a lot will get done.

This seems an interesting way to write. By the way what do you write mostly.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This seems an interesting way to write. By the way what do you write mostly.

It's hard to say because I don't stick to anything. If I had to gauge what, it would probably be satire.