• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Your experiences with ISFP women?

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been called "slow" and indecisive by my family my whole life, especially my dad LOL. I take my time with everything and get very stressed out when I'm rushed or can't process things at my own pace. My own conveyor belt, haha [MENTION=8046]ayoitsStepho[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] :D
[MENTION=24085]great_bay[/MENTION], funny... I keep reading mysterious. Are we really that hard to get to know? [MENTION=17945]Alaska[/MENTION] [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION] & others .. I guess I'm not fully aware of it, no one's really pointed it out..

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My family gets so mad at me because I move slower and it takes me more time to make decisions and come to conclusions. The reality is that whenever I have to move faster than what is natural for me, it stresses me out. I've learned to work through the stress but I still cannot stand it. I can only handle so much information at one time with a calm mind. The future stresses me out so I HAVE to take it one step at a time.
There are things that I don't think I should have to move quickly through as well. For example, my family sucks their food down and within 15 minutes their on to the next thing. I like to sit and enjoy my food. If there are people around me then I like talking and just being comfortable. I've been known to sit at a dinner table for 45 minutes or more when everyone else is already finished.

I view my brain like a conveyor belt. It moves at a certain pace and everything works together to create a product. It can move faster but things are probably going to get jammed up or the machine will get over heated. When I move quickly, I tend to make more mistakes and I don't have a proper handle of my stress. I WISH I could be faster and more forward thinking :cry:

I like how you described this. :yes: This is pretty relevant to what I'm currently contemplating and working on/through in my life. And I really very quickly go into too-much-information - overload -- stress-panic-agggh mode.

I, however, can eat very fast. :smile: Now enjoying tea or a glass of wine on a rooftop or outdoor patio? Or extended meal in Tuscany? THAT I can savor. ;)

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More questions...
Are ISFPs women known for their sense of humor or being silly / dorky? I remember reading about this a few times.
What about being raunchy?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like how you described this. :yes: This is pretty relevant to what I'm currently contemplating and working on/through in my life. And I really very quickly go into too-much-information - overload -- stress-panic-agggh mode.

I, however, can eat very fast. :smile: Now enjoying tea or a glass of wine on a rooftop or outdoor patio? Or extended meal in Tuscany? THAT I can savor. ;)

I'm currently dealing with all of this as well. I'm jobless and trying to figure out how to make myself more appealing to the job market. It's a struggle when I'm not naturally fast :mad:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
More questions...
Are ISFPs women known for their sense of humor or being silly / dorky? I remember reading about this a few times.

Without tooting my horn, I'm FUCKING HILARIOUS!
I'm also fairly raunchy around people I know will handle it well. My humor is fairly dark and dry for the most part. I'm not entirely sure how that relates to other ISFP women, but thaaatttt'ssss ME!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My family gets so mad at me because I move slower and it takes me more time to make decisions and come to conclusions. The reality is that whenever I have to move faster than what is natural for me, it stresses me out. I've learned to work through the stress but I still cannot stand it. I can only handle so much information at one time with a calm mind. The future stresses me out so I HAVE to take it one step at a time.

I view my brain like a conveyor belt. It moves at a certain pace and everything works together to create a product. It can move faster but things are probably going to get jammed up or the machine will get over heated. When I move quickly, I tend to make more mistakes and I don't have a proper handle of my stress. I WISH I could be faster and more forward thinking :cry:

I remember this kind of thing. I'm an impatient person and it definitely drove me a little nuts at times :). It was probably the single biggest incompatibility between the two of us from my side. From her side, I was too blunt or pushy probably.

I relate to a lot of the ISFPs here who claim they like to take things easy and not feel like they are being rushed. One of my biggest pet peeves is being rushed to do things when it's not naturally up to my pace. I also don't consider myself an intellectual per se, but I do enjoy learning about various subjects and I feel there is knowledge I can gain from other people. Not sure if this is an ISFP trait or what, but it's something I noticed about myself especially since I think I may be an ISFP and still have not come to the conclusion yet. I have that 6 enneagram in my tritype, so l can be pretty doubtful and VERY indecisive, haha. :D

I'm fairly certain my sister is an ISFP, and while we both share similarities, I find that she is a lot more grounded and aware of her surroundings compared to me. I have my head more in the clouds than she does and she always points it out to me to come back to reality. :D I would say she is much more practical minded then me. She also hates thinking about the future and likes to take life one day at a time (although she almost died at a young age from a life threatening illness, so I think this also contributes to her "live and let live" mindset.) I always thought about future endeavors since I can remember and still do. I feel the future and the past are much more exciting to think about compared to the moment, and I do often fantasize about my future and revisit past events to see what could have been if I did something different. That's where I don't relate to the ISFP description (but I do enjoy myself when I'm alone making art and listening to music and watching videos, would that count for living in the moment?). She is also much more self aware and is great at giving life advice. Everyone always comes to her when they need guidance, including her older friends. :) I can also find myself going off tangent a lot when conversing with her, and she finds that irritating and is much better at getting straight to the point. I'm not sure if our differences pertain to our types as I maybe could be an INFP, or maybe we are both the same type and our differences pertain to our different enneagram types, as I'm a core type 4 and she's more of a 9.

Some similarities we do share are that we are both really good at examining details. I'm good at being very detailed in my art and have a very good eye at examining specific details on other people and my surroundings. She is also great at examining details through her surroundings and has a sharp, vivacious memory of past events and can even remember sometimes what she was wearing on that specific day.

I have always been borderline S and N, so I find it confusing trying to figure out my type since I relate to both and I do see similarities with both ISFPs and INFPs. I have tested as an ISFP twice in school when I was younger, and now solely test as a rather highly intuitive INFP. I would fit the stereotype as an ISFP, since I'm a painter and I don't consider myself a writer or a voracious reader like INFPS are known to be. :shrug: I don't think I will ever feel confident in my typing until I decide to get professionally tested and certified, haha. Sorry if this wasn't much help, since I'm not set in stone yet on my type, but I'm pretty sure my sister is an ISFP, so hopefully there is some clarity. :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
My SIL is an ISFP whom I treasure. She’s also one of the woman I am most glad to have in my life.

She is proficient at most things and learns quickly. She had never sewed until my Mom taught her 2 years ago. Now she sews all her clothes and whips up things - like a cover for a carseat - without a pattern.

She is very easily offended. I don’t worry about hurting her feelings because I know it is inevitable and will be something I could have never predicted. She is very hesitant to communicate things directly. However, she responds to direct communication and we are even closer once things are solved.

She has NO interest in world affairs, except if they have the potential to affect her directly. She is intensely loyal to family. So, education did not hold any interest to her until she had a child. Now she enjoys discussing education topics - IF they are potentially relevant to her life.

She is incredibly perceptive about people and notices mannerisms, physical characteristics, traits and undercurrents to an almost eerie degree.

Is very into her inner world or home environment. Although very friendly and hospitable, her own company is her preferred state. She can take a LONG time to make decisions or change. Even to get ready.

She is happiest = creating. She is mostly a ‘jeans and t’ girl. But, when she feels like it - she uses make-up and clothes almost like costuming. Ornate, adventurous and beautiful!

She’s talented with linguistics but has only a small interest in language.

She has a dark and sarcastic side. She is very well-liked (deservedly so) but can cut to the quick in an argument and is passionate if she feels she or someone she cares about has been wronged.

She has an incredible sense of humour. It’s observational, wry and FAST. She’s sensual and loves to savor food etc. She likes sex and enjoys humour based on it, but is also modest.

Frugality is like a game to her. She plays with ways to save money. But, she has good taste and will splurge on certain things that she feels merit the expense.

Self-harmed/rationed food when younger. She is profoundly aware of her faults and is protective: not letting people in easily.

A fascinating bundle of contradictions is she! For example, she is incredibly introverted but chose to work in the Hospitality Industry with celebrities and influential people. She has a quick temper but is patient and professional in a career where people are unreasonable and demanding. People can perceive her as an extrovert but she most definitely is not.

She isn’t easy to be married to. She has high expectations for her mate (as she does for herself), doesn’t communicate easily, feels slighted or misunderstood often and will argue even when she knows herself to be in the wrong. I don’t think my Brother wanted someone ‘easy’ to be married to as he enjoys a certain amount of conflict and drama. I have seen both of them work to be more accommodating. She is an EXCELLENT Mother.

I feel like, life will always be a continuous unwrapping of her layers. She’s both: refreshingly simple in some ways and deliciously complex in others.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I remember this kind of thing. I'm an impatient person and it definitely drove me a little nuts at times :). It was probably the single biggest incompatibility between the two of us from my side. From her side, I was too blunt or pushy probably.

I can totally understand why it would drive others nuts- it drives me insane! I can't stand to move and think as slow as I do. I need brain surgery over here folks!
Go get yourself a nice ESTJ. Don't ask me why though, I just picked a type out of a hat and called it good. :D

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Without tooting my horn, I'm FUCKING HILARIOUS!
I'm also fairly raunchy around people I know will handle it well. My humor is fairly dark and dry for the most part. I'm not entirely sure how that relates to other ISFP women, but thaaatttt'ssss ME!

LMAO! I'm the same way! And I get confirmations.. almost every week someone says "Lia, you're too freaking funny", "you're hilarious" so I can brag haha :D. My sense of humor can be dark and dry too but also extremely silly and random. Like you, I also can be raunchy around people who handle it well AND I feel comfortable with.

My SIL is an ISFP whom I treasure. She’s also one of the woman I am most glad to have in my life.

She is proficient at most things and learns quickly. She had never sewed until my Mom taught her 2 years ago. Now she sews all her clothes and whips up things - like a cover for a carseat - without a pattern.

She is very easily offended. I don’t worry about hurting her feelings because I know it is inevitable and will be something I could have never predicted. She is very hesitant to communicate things directly. However, she responds to direct communication and we are even closer once things are solved.

She has NO interest in world affairs, except if they have the potential to affect her directly. She is intensely loyal to family. So, education did not hold any interest to her until she had a child. Now she enjoys discussing education topics - IF they are potentially relevant to her life.

She is incredibly perceptive about people and notices mannerisms, physical characteristics, traits and undercurrents to an almost eerie degree.

Is very into her inner world or home environment. Although very friendly and hospitable, her own company is her preferred state. She can take a LONG time to make decisions or change. Even to get ready.

She is happiest = creating. She is mostly a ‘jeans and t’ girl. But, when she feels like it - she uses make-up and clothes almost like costuming. Ornate, adventurous and beautiful!

She’s talented with linguistics but has only a small interest in language.

She has a dark and sarcastic side. She is very well-liked (deservedly so) but can cut to the quick in an argument and is passionate if she feels she or someone she cares about has been wronged.

She has an incredible sense of humour. It’s observational, wry and FAST. She’s sensual and loves to savor food etc. She likes sex and enjoys humour based on it, but is also modest.

Frugality is like a game to her. She plays with ways to save money. But, she has good taste and will splurge on certain things that she feels merit the expense.

Self-harmed/rationed food when younger. She is profoundly aware of her faults and is protective: not letting people in easily.

A fascinating bundle of contradictions is she! For example, she is incredibly introverted but chose to work in the Hospitality Industry with celebrities and influential people. She has a quick temper but is patient and professional in a career where people are unreasonable and demanding. People can perceive her as an extrovert but she most definitely is not.

She isn’t easy to be married to. She has high expectations for her mate (as she does for herself), doesn’t communicate easily, feels slighted or misunderstood often and will argue even when she knows herself to be in the wrong. I don’t think my Brother wanted someone ‘easy’ to be married to as he enjoys a certain amount of conflict and drama. I have seen both of them work to be more accommodating. She is an EXCELLENT Mother.

I feel like, life will always be a continuous unwrapping of her layers. She’s both: refreshingly simple in some ways and deliciously complex in others.

All of this I relate to, with some minor differences. Your SIL sounds like a wonderful person!

I can totally understand why it would drive others nuts- it drives me insane! I can't stand to move and think as slow as I do. I need brain surgery over here folks!
Go get yourself a nice ESTJ. Don't ask me why though, I just picked a type out of a hat and called it good. :D

I have a good ESTJ friend, he's like a teddy bear and laughs at my raunchy jokes :wubbie:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
All of this I relate to, with some minor differences. Your SIL sounds like a wonderful person!

She is!

I have a huge fondness for ISFP's because of her. This thread was a great idea and I appreciate having it as a resource to consult!

{Sidenote: Did you ever start the "Club"?}

Flor_zpsj3l6f9qr.jpg

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=27809]Stargaze[/MENTION], I'm stuck right in the middle of N and S, so I completely understand. I'm still deciding if I should just type as IXFP and call it a day. I relate to both in different ways:

I can be head in the clouds often but I'm also extremely aware of what's around me (sounds, smells, movements, changes in energy, etc).

I'm mostly in the "here and now", savoring each moment but I also find myself thinking of the future, my goals and what I want to accomplish, even fantasizing about what could be. These thoughts don't last though because I always get distracted by something in reality, haha. :D

I do enjoy writing a bit of poetry, reading (not nearly as much as I did when I was younger but still feel happy when I find a new book or actually finish one lol), learning about different subjects and having intelligent, deep conversations with the right people but the best moments are those I experience with Se... and as someone mentioned, "the little things". Or doing something that I'm passionate about and gets me excited.

I'm also very self-aware and friends / co-workers come to me for advice or just to vent and listen to what I say.

I experiment a lot with art, not as much as I want to but I do enjoy photography, collages, and making illustrations or paintings. I like abstract but much prefer when I can create something that's "visually pleasing / stimulating" to me. I'm also very good at examining details.

Those are just a few that came to mind reading your post..

Ahh... It's a tug of war!! (although I do feel I'm more ISFP)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I for one have always thought about the future. I have always tried to come up with 'what I want to do with my life', always thinking about whether what I am doing now is what I want to be doing forever, and those sorts of things and paying attention to what I want out of life and making changes as needed are pretty constant for me.

But while I think about the future and big-picture 'What do I want to be doing', it has never ever come easy for me and I have never had a 'I know I want to do this for the rest of my life' moment. I had a fair amount of anxiety in high school because I couldn't easily come up with what I wanted to do like many of my peers. I wasn't one of those people who jumped through five majors and graduated after 6 or 7 years, as I only switched once and got it done in 4, but all of this is to say the future has usually been more of a source of stress for me than something I take 'comfort' in in planning for and accounting for. It's a lot easier for me to adapt to something in the moment and shift gears or recognize an opportunity right here and now, vs attempting to take a long look years into the future, which causes me stress (though I recognize if one wants to achieve or do things that really matter to oneself, one HAS to do this to some degree -- so I do end up needing to do it ofc - it's just stressful). Since college I have never known what I will be doing five years into the future, let alone 2 years. However I don't think there's a huge difference between INFP's and ISFP's on this front? I think this is more of a P/J thing.

I do think I have always been very grounded and realistic, though, and 'reaching for the stars' / having grand ideas out of life doesn't come naturally for me. Also I don't think I'm one to 'daydream' really. I AM contemplating a lot, but growing up it was always in an observational /real-world sense, and also very much around my own thoughts/feelings in a given moment or situation.

Re humor, with people I'm comfortable with I banter easily. Quick quips/one-off comments. I wouldn't describe myself as 'raunchy' at all, but I'm not easily offended on the humor front and I can/do use sexual humor or whatnot if comfortable with someone. With a partner am very flirtatious, playful, physical. In general/publically I'm modest I'd say. I also think I come across fairly youthful for my age. With the right person that isn't nearly so much the case.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More questions...

Well, I would not say dorky but my friend is very childlike at times and likes things that are aimed towards younger audiences but also into things for mature audiences. She's the only person who I know that can pull off wearing my little pony memorabilia while rocking out to classic punk rock.... while being completely herself.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She is!

I have a huge fondness for ISFP's because of her. This thread was a great idea and I appreciate having it as a resource to consult!

{Sidenote: Did you ever start the "Club"?}

Flor_zpsj3l6f9qr.jpg

That's great! I'm glad you like it:)

No, have not started it yet. I tend to take my time with those things (remember I'm "slow" lol) and I've had an issue with what to name it, how to make it more organized, etc.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I for one have always thought about the future. I have always tried to come up with 'what I want to do with my life', always thinking about whether what I am doing now is what I want to be doing forever, and those sorts of things and paying attention to what I want out of life and making changes as needed are pretty constant for me.

But while I think about the future and big-picture 'What do I want to be doing', it has never ever come easy for me and I have never had a 'I know I want to do this for the rest of my life' moment. I had a fair amount of anxiety in high school because I couldn't easily come up with what I wanted to do like many of my peers. I wasn't one of those people who jumped through five majors and graduated after 6 or 7 years, as I only switched once and got it done in 4, but all of this is to say the future has usually been more of a source of stress for me than something I take 'comfort' in in planning for and accounting for. It's a lot easier for me to adapt to something in the moment and shift gears or recognize an opportunity right here and now, vs attempting to take a long look years into the future, which causes me stress (though I recognize if one wants to achieve or do things that really matter to oneself, one HAS to do this to some degree -- so I do end up needing to do it ofc - it's just stressful). Since college I have never known what I will be doing five years into the future, let alone 2 years. However I don't think there's a huge difference between INFP's and ISFP's on this front? I think this is more of a P/J thing.

I do think I have always been very grounded and realistic, though, and 'reaching for the stars' / having grand ideas out of life doesn't come naturally for me. Also I don't think I'm one to 'daydream' really. I AM contemplating a lot, but growing up it was always in an observational /real-world sense, and also very much around my own thoughts/feelings in a given moment or situation.

Re humor, with people I'm comfortable with I banter easily. Quick quips/one-off comments. I wouldn't describe myself as 'raunchy' at all, but I'm not easily offended on the humor front and I can/do use sexual humor or whatnot if comfortable with someone. With a partner am very flirtatious, playful, physical. In general/publically I'm modest I'd say. I also think I come across fairly youthful for my age. With the right person that isn't nearly so much the case.

YES. YESSSS! All of this. All of this with some dessert. :wubbie:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will most definitely add my two cents to the humor/silliness/fun factor of the ISFP (even more present in ESFPs). My wife us really fun and playful and silly and childish and has an amazing joy in each moment of life, when in a healthy emotional state.

And wordplay is a very big factor.

I dated a lot of xSFPs as a teenager and there is something amazing in them for their abiity to be fully into this very moment and be full of life in a way few other types can do. I see the primary difference between the ISFPs and the ESFPs in the depth of their feeling function, as while it is evident in every SFP, it is much more prominent in ISFPs.

A ISFP is most happy living their life in each moment in complete alignment with their values.