• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Are Sp's the most common types to be musicians?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In responding to various earlier posts: yes, music theory can be related to N and T functions more than any other aspect of music because it is an abstraction of the sensory realm. The field of professional composition was mostly taken over by NTs and the result is what you could predict: It became extremely complex in terms of the internal patterns, often being based on mathematical systems. These works can generate dissertations, professional papers, analysis upon analysis. I heard one presentation of the multi-dimensional arrays in the works of George Pearl. In the sensory or feeling realm how are these defined? They can make almost no sense whatsoever, but have been so wholly abstracted in concept that they are difficult to simply listen to them.

What is important about the arts is that it integrates all the functions. In this way, a Sensor needs to become adept with their iNtuitive function and the iNtuitive must become adept with their Sensing function if they want their art to reach its potential. I can see it becoming a useless debate about which is better S or N for the arts because there is a cost when either is neglected completely. I do think that in the end art is experienced. It isn't a mathematical formula, it isn't a dissertation, or a paper presented at a conference. It is philosophy communicated through the senses and perceptions. It is an experience that elevates consciousness. This cannot be done without care, awareness, and respect for the pure sensory experience of it.