• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
SPs, tell us how you differ as an individual from your MBTI type description.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I speak more than I paint. :cool:

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
SPs, tell us how you differ as an individual from your MBTI type description.

I have an active imagination that I enjoy tuning in to. I'm not mute, invisible or silent. I'm not a high school dropout -- in fact, I went on to college and eventually to get a masters' degree. I'm not and never have been athletic, unless you count enjoying taking long walks and dancing for fun. I'm expressive emotionally, even though I prefer responding to initiating conversations with strangers. I don't gravitate to pastimes just because they're dangerous, and in fact, would rather not defy death on a daily basis. I have a white-collar 40-hour/week job and don't complain about my regular hours. I'm fine with making serious commitments as long as the people and projects I'm committing to are worth it, in my estimation. :)

Sarah
ISFP

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I too am not a high school dropout as alluded to by Sarah, I am not mute in most situations in fact can be highly sociable but do need that down time. Most importantly, I have very little interest or knowledge about auto mechanics and industrial art. In fact during my school days I did not fare well in either.

To clarify on this inquiry, it needs to be mentioned that Keirsey made a slip in describing SPs in comparison to the other temperaments since his descriptions for the four SPs are written when considering Se and to some extent Si for SJs. Clearly that could not be done with NT and NFs since they all have varying cognitive functions. So when SP is referenced are you consciously considering that ISPs will have a cognitive function that is dominant (Ti/Fi) that does not take into account the Se?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
After re-reading the type description, I couldn't really find anything that didn't fit. Possibly that we like sports; I don't usually care for team sports, but I love individual sports.

Oh, and this:

Suggestions for Development
- May need to develop perseverance

I'm pretty persistent when it comes to problem-solving. This trait I think I've developed from childhood, though, stemming from a mother who wouldn't let me quit. It can be useful, but it can be bad sometimes, as well. Recently I've been discovering that there is a time when it is appropriate to quit.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-clumsy/uncoordinated and not particularly skilled at any athletic thing

-useless with mechanic-type stuff (never interested me to learn)

-would not do skydiving/bungee jumping/related things that involve me possibly dying from a great height (even though I realize they're fairly safe), or anything else with a real risk of death

-career will be largely working with my brain, not my hands (plan to get a masters or phd)

-I like stability and predictability in the things that matter (ie income)

-I don't think I'm cold/ruthless, though I might appear that way sometimes

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
After re-reading the type description, I couldn't really find anything that didn't fit. Possibly that we like sports; I don't usually care for team sports, but I love individual sports.

Oh, and this:

Suggestions for Development
- May need to develop perseverance

I'm pretty persistent when it comes to problem-solving. This trait I think I've developed from childhood, though, stemming from a mother who wouldn't let me quit. It can be useful, but it can be bad sometimes, as well. Recently I've been discovering that there is a time when it is appropriate to quit.
Was there a specific description being referred to?

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I can be rather clumsy when I'm not paying attention to myself. but this could be related to a part of my type. I'm clumsy sometimes because I'm using extroverted sensing, but not sensing where I am in space, just everything else. Ti also plays into this when I'm doing something, and then suddenly have a great idea that I want to think about which causes an all stop on everything externally. If I'm holding something at a time like this, it can slip from my numb fingers easily enough.

D

Dali

The most complicated stuff I paint is stick men.

I have the reflexes of a sloth.

I walk around while lost in a fantasy world (and not tuned in to my surroundings).

I have devoured more (fiction) literature than anyone I know. My dream (since the age of 6) is to be locked, with a steady food supply, inside the biggest Borders I know. :glasses:

Last edited:

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
I have no interest in engineering. At the moment.

I don't think the descriptions emphasize a thirst for knowledge nearly enough. I want to see everything, experience everything, and know everything, or at least keep working at it until I die. And by this I mean I want to know actual facts, not theories some scientist or prophet comes up with.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think the descriptions emphasize a thirst for knowledge nearly enough. I want to see everything, experience everything, and know everything, or at least keep working at it until I die. And by this I mean I want to know actual facts, not theories some scientist or prophet comes up with.

I agree. I've spent many hours looking at all sorts of things on wikipedia and other sites, even if they have nothing to do with anything important. Ex: I spent probably 10 hours looking at stuff about the interstates, and road systems. That was all started by me wanting to know about the speed limit/lack of one in Montana.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ex: I spent probably 10 hours looking at stuff about the interstates, and road systems. That was all started by me wanting to know about the speed limit/lack of one in Montana.

:laugh: I have done that exact same thing.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
:laugh: I have done that exact same thing.
So have I...

Someday I'll cruise the Autobahn. Oh yeah, and I want to drive in India, that would be crazy. And the Bolivian Death Road. And so on. I'm like my type description in that way.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
The most complicated stuff I paint is stick men.

I have the reflexes of a sloth.

I walk around while lost in a fantasy world (and not tuned in to my surroundings).

I have devoured more (fiction) literature than anyone I know. My dream (since the age of 6) is to be locked, with a steady food supply, inside the biggest Borders I know. :glasses:

INFP much?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm really clumsy too. Like falling-down-stairs-and-breaking-glasses clumsy. Physical sports (especially team sports) were always a weakness in school for me.

I'm in the majority of the population who's happy with not knowing how things (electronic and otherwise) work as long as they work.

I have a horrible personal memory and often confuse it with dreams/ daydreams.

I do love to read. I want to get on Jeopardy one day, but I know I'll probably never learn enough about classical music/ opera/ medievel European wars for it to happen. (I killed in the "Freaks and Geeks alums" category a few days ago though.)

I don't know how to manipulate people or get them involved in any schemes at all.

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
I'm nothing like the description and everything like description, I'm too spread out to really be a determined category...