• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have not seen any ESTPs respond. I am curious.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
if an ESTP is anything like their type description, they wouldn't be on an internet forum.

Plenty of 'em are on internet forums. Now, personality type forums? Not so much. ;)

D

Dali

if an ESTP is anything like their type description, they wouldn't be on an internet forum.

Of course they're online. Why, just the other day I got another:
We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the
total sum of £4,600,000.00GBP (Four million Six hundred thousand Great
British Pounds) in the intent of the deceased (name now withheld since
this is our second letter to you)....

I'm joking, I'm joking! ;)

alicia91

I'm:

- more organized
-more ambitious, driven
- more of a leader than follower (if I care about the goal)
- good at getting people to do things
- very good at seeing/following/developing the 'critical path' in just about any project
- keep my eye on the big picture/overall goal and don't let the details get in the way. Actually I sweat the details but I don't let them stand in the way
- I've got more business brains than physical
- only athletic in a 'working out' sort of way, don't watch sports other than hockey
- more academic - college graduate
- not a daredevil - actually a wimp when it comes to dangerous activities
- reads fiction
- interested in theories - religion, psychology, culture, etc.
- always looking to learn more about just about everything- also get lost on wiki or other internet sites reading about everything from the causes of French Revolution to how to how to attract birds. Therefore I'm pretty good at trivia.
- creative - love to come up with original designs
- look to the future and have to tell myself to stay in the moment

Ok - so why am I an ISTP? lol

alicia91

I'm:

- more organized
-more ambitious, driven
- more of a leader than follower (if I care about the goal)
- good at getting people to do things
- very good at seeing/following/developing the 'critical path' in just about any project
- keep my eye on the big picture/overall goal and don't let the details get in the way. Actually I sweat the details.
- very good at brainstorming - ideas, solutions, strategies, goals
- I've got more business brains than physical
- only athletic in a 'working out' sort of way, don't watch sports other than hockey
- more academic - college graduate
- not a daredevil - actually a wimp when it comes to dangerous activities
- reads fiction
- interested in theories - religion, psychology, culture, etc.
- always looking to learn more about just about everything- also get lost on wiki or other internet sites reading about everything from the causes of French Revolution to how to how to attract birds. Therefore I'm pretty good at trivia.
- creative - love to come up with original designs
- look to the future and have to tell myself to stay in the moment

Ok - so why am I an ISTP? lol

Starting to wonder if I'm ESTP.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Alicia, I wish my ISTP boss was more like you.

alicia91

Thanks Jeffster. :)

I'm honestly starting to wonder if I'm getting anything out of my MBTI knowledge (about myself). I feel like a square peg trying to fit a round hole.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i fit it pretty damn well, actually.

ISTP Profile < entirely accurate, except it has been years since i have completely lost my temper

Portrait of an ISTP < entirely accurate, except (again) about temper, and one contradiction between following my personal laws vs others' rules and commitments... it is not the boundaries or commitments that i dislike in and of themselves, but having them forced on me, just like rules.

alicia91

So today I'm back to thinking I'm definately SP;). My son's teacher sent home this new Home Work Policy form stating that if the kid doesn't hand in the homework 3 times per marking period, then he gets a Behavior form , and if he gets 3 of those he gets a Pink Slip which needs to be signed by parent, yada yada yada. Please sign on the dotted line to acknowledge your understanding of this new policy.

Well, I was so insensed by this I had to stop myself from blasting the teacher, principal and school board with an email. I sucked it up and signed it since I'm the same person who told his teacher on the first day of school "oh, if my son doesn't do what he needs to - please contact me ASAP." But this "policy" really freaked me out. Just what we need - another piece of beaurocracy standing in the way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So today I'm back to thinking I'm definately SP;). My son's teacher sent home this new Home Work Policy form stating that if the kid doesn't hand in the homework 3 times per marking period, then he gets a Behavior form , and if he gets 3 of those he gets a Pink Slip which needs to be signed by parent, yada yada yada. Please sign on the dotted line to acknowledge your understanding of this new policy.

Well, I was so insensed by this I had to stop myself from blasting the teacher, principal and school board with an email. I sucked it up and signed it since I'm the same person who told his teacher on the first day of school "oh, if my son doesn't do what he needs to - please contact me ASAP." But this "policy" really freaked me out. Just what we need - another piece of beaurocracy standing in the way.

That sounds really familiar. My son has a "planner" that his teacher sends home every day. Its purpose is apparently to indicate due projects or upcoming tests, but more often than not it's blank. However, I am supposed to sign it every day. Yes, signing a blank page ANGRIES UP THE BLOOD. ;)

And the students are allowed two times that their parents don't sign it, and if it is more days than that, they have to do laps on the track outside instead of play on the playground at recess. :wtf:

I mean, I know they're trying to teach following directions, I get that. But :steam: grrrrrr. I guess it's good to teach the kids that their jobs when they are adults will most likely involve useless repetitive tasks, but holy crap did I have to fight my instincts to not disrupt the "parent orientation" night by asking just what practical purpose signing blank pieces of paper did, and how an arbitrary punishment like laps at recess had any damn thing to do with it!

alicia91

Yep we have a planner that needs to be signed daily also, though I don't think that there is a punishment if you forget. Last year, there was some consequence but I can't recall what that was.

I think you should just buy a stamp that says "Jeffster" and then stamp all the school days from now through June in the planner. That way your son won't be doing laps - completely ridiculous. Arrgghh!

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I mean, I know they're trying to teach following directions, I get that. But :steam: grrrrrr. I guess it's good to teach the kids that their jobs when they are adults will most likely involve useless repetitive tasks, but holy crap did I have to fight my instincts to not disrupt the "parent orientation" night by asking just what practical purpose signing blank pieces of paper did, and how an arbitrary punishment like laps at recess had any damn thing to do with it!

Thank god I didn't have these sorts of things at my school....I would have been continuously in trouble. (Because arbitrary tasks and stupid punishments are two things I never obeyed/didn't care enough to remember to do.)

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
You should teach your kid to forge your signature. Might be the most important thing he learns in school.

D

Dali

You should teach your kid to forge your signature. Might be the most important thing he learns in school.

I forged my dad's signature several times when I was in primary school.

When he later found out, the ENTx went damn near catatonic and proceeded to call me a liar and a cheat.

Winz

MBTI Type
ISTP

I think that's quite possibly the best idea I've heard all week...