• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Love Languages for SPs

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have a husband and a son who are both ISTPs.
One wants acts of service.
One wants gifts.
So was this receiving or giving or either. I clearly will give acts of service, however not necessarily want it in return. I would find verbal affirmations surprising even for extraverted types since SPs (or at least me) would prefer to do than talk. I would say
1. Acts of Service
2. Quality Time
Very distant follow-ups (and not necessarily in any certain order):
Receiving Gifts
Physical Touch
Words of Affirmation

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
My quiz scores were very close to what I thought.

8 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
4 Receiving of Gifts
3 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch

HomeSlice

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
11 Words of Affirmation
9 Physical Touch
6 Quality Time
Receiving of Gifts and Acts of Service = insignificant

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
HomeSlice, I liked your old avatar better. That one is just freaky.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
9 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
9 Physical Touch
2 Receiving of Gifts
1 Acts of Service

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
ISFPs I think it seems to be 1. Acts of Service 2. Physical Touch 3. Receiving Gifts.

For me:

1) Acts of Service 2) Physical Touch 3) Quality time(obviously)

* I don't really believe in Receiving Gifts though..your special someone can give you gifts but does not love you anymore.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's supposed to be how you feel most loved (quality time--when someone focuses on you as an individual, truly listens to what you're saying, etc.; physical touch--when someone gives you a pat on the shoulder, a hug, an affirming head-pat, sex, etc.; words of affirmation--verbal expressions of your unique qualities and value as a person; acts of service--taking out the garbage, doing your laundry, helping you move, mowing the lawn, etc.; gifts--tokens, small and not so small tangible, material things given to you that show they thought about you and thought that you were worth their money to buy something or time to craft something for you).

1) Quality time - probably spent doing some fun activity together, likely outdoors... Eventually this will be combined with some physical touch.
2) Acts of service - I hate doing that crap and if anyone wants to do it for me, I'll like them all the better. I have a housekeeper now, so it wouldn't necessarily apply...but if I didn't... :)
3) Gifts - If someone can find a new gadget I'll like... :wubbie:
4) Physical touch & Words of affirmation - tied for last place. Either one of these by itself is lame.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i like to give:
1) acts of service
2) physical touch/quality time
3) words of affirmation
4) gifts

to receive:

1) quality time
2) physical touch
3) acts of service
4) words of affirmation
5) gifts

This is mine also. I have learned recently how important quality time is.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like to give:

1) acts of service
2) physical touch/quality time
3) words of affirmation
4) gifts

to receive:

1) quality time
2) physical touch
3) acts of service
4) words of affirmation
5) gifts

This is exactly me. No changes. Wow...what an easy post!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
This is exactly me. No changes. Wow...what an easy post!
A secret society?
I thought I understood English.
Not any more. So be it.

Languages, they come and go.
Swahili, here I come :)

B

brainheart

Eww, blech. I can't even look at that website! It looks so... cheesy.

What would I say for me: doing household chores for me, holding a full-time job for me so I don't have to work, telling me that you dig me and find me attractive (and smart and creative and talented and funny), and... not being cheesy. Not pushing your agenda of what you consider to be romantic on me.

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
I am almost entirely positive that most ENFPs' number one is Words of Affirmation.
My number one is physical touch.
<3

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually the love languages is what makes you feel more loved?

Acts of service: cleaning the house, taking care of the kids, ect. does this make you feel like your mate truely cares about you?

Physical touch: is NOT sex. alot of people missinterpret that. so many males choose this. but really its how you touch someone. Does cuddling make you feel loved by your mate. holding hands...having your feet rubbed [if thats one lol]

Words of affrimation: having sweet nothings whispered into your ear, being told that you have an amazing sence of right and wrong, having someone write out a letter as to why the like/appreciate you. its not selfishness, its the way some people know/feel they're loved.

Gifts: do you tend to keep gifts that people give to you-even if its a little rock that your little kid brother gave to you 4 years ago? maybe that set of earrings you've wanted? people tend to feel loved by these because its a 'sign' of love to them. They can remember that day because of the gift they recieved.

Time together: this means taking a walk together, watching a movie, talking, anything that involves you and your mate spending time together. this results in the person feeling like you care about them so much that you'd take the time out of your day to just be with them.

All in all, your love language is what makes you feel more appreciated and loved. Everybody has a different love language, you just have to learn your mates so you can make them feel loved. And they can learn yours as well. :]

lol my mom did the whole study on this, so im pretty in tune with this stuff ;]

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh and mine is probably in this order.

1. alone time
2. physical touch
3. words of afframation
4. gifts
5. acts of service.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Physical touch: is NOT sex. alot of people missinterpret that. so many males choose this. but really its how you touch someone. Does cuddling make you feel loved by your mate. holding hands...having your feet rubbed [if thats one lol]

Very true. It's not all sex... but it does all lead to sex. :newwink: