• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] What does "Aesthetic" mean to you?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not exactly an SP but aesthetics are important to me. To me aesthetics are beautiful images or color pallets that seamlessly blend together to create masterpieces, or a beautiful phrase I might read. My outward appearance is really uncoordinated and messy, but online I can use my aesthetics and actually create my own.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I can tell you is that I am very N, yet I also have a highly-refined sense of aesthetics (because I am Fj). [MENTION=26289]Silent[/MENTION], my wife, is strongly S, but she also has a highly-refined and sophisticated sense of aesthetics. I am EN. She is IS, but we both have strong aesthetics. We share F and j.

I am certain I read this somewhere. This isn't my idea, originally, and I looked for the source but couldn't find it, but I recall reading that the combination of F and j are what lead to a refined aesthetic sense.

That follows logically. EII is INFj in Socionics. As an Fj, you are predicted to have a refined aesthetic sense.

Really I mean come on. I understand that you're using typology as a fantasy getaway land; while under the illusion its some sort of panacea, and honestly watching you contort the clusterfuck that is socionics into the mess of rationalisations you make is pretty damn amusing. But this is just ridiculous. Aesthetics in socionics has always been the domain of :Si: in particular that of ego block. The only Fj with any “theoretical” talent would be ESE, the ESI while having the ability would only be moved towards it with significant motivation. The EII would believe themselves to be talented, but in reality reach exceeds their grasp. As for EIE...... the only type with a worse sense or lack of appreciation is an LIE.

As for aesthetics we've been drawing for the last 40,000 years. I would consider it such a fundamentally human concept that anyone who is interested in it can develop it.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's mine Smile Phantomhive

I once tried to make one of those aesthetic posts where you put multiple images together, but I suck at making the colors match (that's why my theme on tumblr is black and white). It's hard to keep a consistent aesthetic, but it's easier the older I get.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I place an immense importance on aesthetics.

It keeps me grounded in this world, while tantalizing my imagination. My aesthetic ideals are quite broad, because I do want to find beauty in many things. From an abstract art piece to a beautifully performed song, I seek what can awaken my creativity and renew my thoughts.