• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Being too much of a catalyst.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So it's recently come to my attention I have this bad habit of catalyzing conflicts.

For example: My s.o. is sometimes afraid of telling me things that might irritate me about his friends, because he's afraid I might end up addressing those friends the next time I end up seeing them. Why? Probably because I usually think if he's TELLING me about something that irritates him, he wants something done about it, but is in too much of a tenuous social position to be the one to do anything about it. I usually ask him first if I should intervene, but sometimes I end up misreading the situation and end up creating conflict that usually turns out later to have been 'completely avoidable'. (Childish Fe-fueled histrionics...bleh.)

Any other ESTPs here suffer from this problem?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I'm sure they do.
I've known more than a few estp's, and seeing the most obvious, seemingly direct response to a said problem, is the way estp will go almost every time.

However, I will ask you this question.. and please think about it for a moment before answering off the cuff. Why is it that, you think anyone else should change who they are or what they are about/want to do, because of your SO's problem with it? DO they need to change how they are operating naturally, or does your SO need to perhaps change the way he is perceiving it?