• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Do ISTPs move super slow in relationships?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MDP2525 - Maybe this is a similar situation with the current period being the month or two of knowing each other "platonically". There is definitely attraction on my part and unless I am reading things completely wrong, I think it is there on his part too. He is also pretty old school, former military and conservative in addition to being ISTP - so it likely could be both his type and his personal preference influencing this slow pace. Thanks for replying!

Yeah, that's definately possible. I know personally I am not the type to just go looking for someone to date and sleep with. I have had a coworker one time joke that we were on a date because it was just me and her and I do open the door and give my jacket if it gets cold. Almost like every female I take out can be treated as a date and that's just who I am. For me it's more presence then anything else to determine how much I like you.

jdot

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, that's definately possible. I know personally I am not the type to just go looking for someone to date and sleep with. I have had a coworker one time joke that we were on a date because it was just me and her and I do open the door and give my jacket if it gets cold. Almost like every female I take out can be treated as a date and that's just who I am. For me it's more presence then anything else to determine how much I like you.

What do you mean by presence?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you mean by presence?

It's how much time I spend with the person. The more I like you the more and more time I will spend with the person. Because I have usually figured out a person I already know that time is all that's needed to allow things to grow. :shrug: That's just who I am. Not sure it's type related though. First step of presence is learning more until I decide we are good together.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
ISTP reporting in.

*salute*

Yes.

*salutes, about face, marches out of room*