• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] SPs and moving through crowds

Fregoli

MBTI Type
ESTP
Are you guys good at navigating through crowds? More, do you see it as a sort of game?

Moving through crowds - in shopping centres, in theatres, on streets - spotting gaps, sliding into narrow spaces between and around people, is good fun.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes I am good at it for same reason I am good at traffic. I don't see it as a game or a challenge. I just move and go while trying to stay somewhat as polite as possible. If it's wall to wall everyone is going in same direction like exiting, I usually just slow down and take my time. If it's a crowd like the fair where there really is no direction or goal for everyone that aligns, I just head in the direction I need to go weaving in and out. If in a hurry for a good reason I can force my way through easily while still being somewhat polite.

I am pretty patient and crowds don't bother me.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not an sp, but I'm pretty good at weaving through crowds. I don't usually need to push and shove, but I'm not afraid to if it's necessary.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think I'm pretty good at it.

My most vivid memory tied to this though was the few times I went ice skating at a college rink, where it got really crowded at times, and I had fun moving fairly fast around people, and yes, it did seem like a bit of a game, getting the timing just right.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Being a small SP in crowds is actually pretty nice. It makes slipping through crowds really easy, and I find it pretty fun, actually. I'm good at noticing places where I can get through to most efficiently get to where I need to be.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sounds like you're describing an aspect of racing.

When in crowds, I like to take it at the given pace. If I'm in crowds I am probably there on leisure so I don't see why I would be moving through so fast.

I drive for a living and don't see the point of weaving in and out. It doesn't save any more than 1-5 minutes (Usually 2-3 minutes is the average. If you get a long cycle red light it can be 5. I've timed it myself on the same routes driving both ways) ;)

Better to identify which drivers are trouble, which to pass and when to stay in your lane.

I actually really enjoy making and (timing) one or two right choices that gets me being dead even at a light with some car that was driving all swervy, trying to get a car length ahead. Feels better when I beat them. Less wasted energy - same result. Love that.

If I was really competitive I would just take that desire to a track where everyone is on their game and test my limits there.

So maybe the spirit is there. Yeah.

Sil

This is a test.
Not an SP, but yes. I'm good at navigating foot traffic and road traffic. It also helps that I'm not afraid to be aggressive if I have to.

wolfy

awsm
If I am running late I drive like that. Very strategically. Otherwise I don't. I don't know if I am good or bad, I reckon I am not bad though.

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've all but turned it into an artform. I want to get through a crowd as quickly as I can. I always look for the best openings; evaluate the easiest way to get past slow or awkward walkers; know when to sacrifice time for distance.

Some things I've noticed about people while doing this. First off people suck at walking. I know they have different priorities than I do, but they're all so slow and awkward. Secondly they'll add extra time to their journey because they just don't think. Even though there might be a quicker way they'll just mindlessly follow the standard route. Third, people don't care about if they waste time when walking, but you cause them to wait in line a few extra seconds and they loose their shit.

Of course I do all these things as well. Especially when I'm with someone, so while it annoys me when I'm in a hurry I also know I'm just as guilty of all these.

joymac

I think I'm an ISFP and I'm also a petite person. I used to live in NYC and it kind of delighted me how easy it was to weave in and out of a crowd of thousands of clueless tourists. I'd be far away from the crowd before most of them had even taken five steps. I'd say I'm very good at navigating crowds and traffic.

alissaa23

Yup! Very much so. My recent move to NYC has only made me better at it. I find myself checking behind me to see if my friends are keeping up, realizing they're not, and having to stop and move off to the side of a busy sidewalk as I wait for them.

Earworms

MBTI Type
ISTP
Are you guys good at navigating through crowds? More, do you see it as a sort of game?

Moving through crowds - in shopping centres, in theatres, on streets - spotting gaps, sliding into narrow spaces between and around people, is good fun.

I'm not cattle, I move through most crowds just because they are in my way. I typically have a brisk step and I like to keep it that way. Lead, follow, or get the heck out of the way.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Im a good crack shot. Nott sure about racing or crowds. Unusual question to ask

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

no. i just walk. if people are in the way i say excuse me and keep walking. don't have the balance or energy to dodge earound people.

i like finding cubbies though.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not a SP, but I have tert Se.

I kick ass navigating crowd our traffic. I am taller than most @6'5", so I can see over people, but I see the pattern and flow easily. Makes it really easy. Driving I know almost always where cars are going before they move. Height only helps a little in the car:D