• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Are there times when you can't do what you want because there are restrictions?

shanix

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I mean are there times when there are restrictions placed upon you by other people (parents/family/friends/work/school) that prevents you from doing something that you want to do/enjoy?

And I also wish to know how did you react to it? (Eg: what did you do about the restrictions? Did you ignore it and just went ahead to do what you wanted or found some other enjoyable activities?)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, try not to get caught

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Isn't that self evident?
I can't teleport. I can't get free cash just for being me, I can't be magically immortal, I can't go faster than the speed of light, I c..

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean are there times when there are restrictions placed upon you by other people (parents/family/friends/work/school) that prevents you from doing something that you want to do/enjoy?

And I also wish to know how did you react to it? (Eg: what did you do about the restrictions? Did you ignore it and just went ahead to do what you wanted or found some other enjoyable activities?)

Example please?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe he wants to marry his first degree cousin?

Nowadays, I wouldn't be shocked. It's the reason I asked. Skipping school or sneaking out to a party isn't usually on the list anymore. Now it's "My parent won't let me date that 35 year old. I'm 15 and I don't think I should be restricted."

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Nowadays, I wouldn't be shocked. It's the reason I asked. Skipping school or sneaking out to a party isn't usually on the list anymore. Now it's "My parent won't let me date that 35 year old. I'm 15 and I don't think I should be restricted."

I dont think so. Every generation says that about the next. If it were we'd all be dating giant dildos and have 8 colored hair by now.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure! my duties -most of the cases- towards those people make me ignore many things that I enjoy and find myself in them, but hoping for a right time to pursue those dreams..

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also usually get away with more then the rules allow to once someone know me. Theyes trust my judgement above rules, those hat know me dont. That's what drives me nuts the most.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

People have been saying that there's a loss of values etc. etc. in the next generation since times immemorial. If it was actually happening there'd be evidence for it. Instead civilization has been getting more advanced, less violent etc. with time.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People have been saying that there's a loss of values etc. etc. in the next generation since times immemorial. If it was actually happening there'd be evidence for it. Instead civilization has been getting more advanced, less violent etc. with time.

Oh. Ok. I wasn't talking about that. More like, don't assume - ask for specifics.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh. Ok. I wasn't talking about that. More like, don't assume - ask for specifics.

Alright. Then let us smoke of the peace pipe

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"My mum used to say to me, 'you can't have
fun all the time,' and I used to say, 'why not?'.
Why the fuck can't I have fun all the time?
And I just thought that fun went with partying
and all that kind of stuff, but it doesn't necessarily.
(whispering) It can actually make you
really miserable if you do it in excess."

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I dont think so. Every generation says that about the next. If it were we'd all be dating giant dildos and have 8 colored hair by now.

I'll have you know that my giant and dido and I are quite in love! :mad:

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, try not to get caught
Perfect. :thumbup:

That has been my experience with ISFps. They will have their freedom, but they also want harmony and to avoid conflict, so ISFp will often just do what it wants to do and hope not to get caught doing it (as the ISFp doesn't usually want to hurt anyone--she just wants to do whatever it is she wants to do in the moment, and, more often than not, there's no stopping the ISFp from doing so).

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ALL THE TIME

Usually when I wanna tell someone they're being stupid or getting too hung up on the ideas rather than following through on the execution of those ideas, but I can't do so because I know people will start siding against me for "ruffling feathers".

...I usually end up doing it anyway, even if it costs me some of my social reputation amongst people (which is important for me to maintain so that I continue comfortably sharing resources with those people and vise versa.)

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

do what you want. apologize later. self flagellate afterwards. rinse and repeat.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This question is way too general. :/ I'm wondering if the intention is even authentic or it was a post just for attention.