• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Lack of spontaneous friends for an ESFP

shanix

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Do any other ESFPs have this problem? A lack of spontaneous friends to hang out with. :(
Reasons
-even though i'm a teenager, my friends are all extremely driven in their homework/after school activities. I like fun activities in my spare time( beach, pools, water parks, malls etc). They always hesitate to indulge in such 'hedonistic' things

- i have less friends than i would like, because i don't really go to church/after school activities

-only child

The question is, what types are best for spontaneous friends that can go anywhere with you?

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you'll excuse the response from an INFP, I actually understand completely where you're coming from. (I'm near the border on both E/I and N/S, so ESFP isn't as much of a stretch for me as you might think.)

I had the same problem as a teenager. I too was an only child, and my mom was the overprotective sort that insisted I only have hobbies she was willing to hang around. My method of dealing with that was as many after school activities as I could get away with. Scouting is a really good one, 'cause whatever random stuff you come up with, you can usually find some random badge to tie it to. Works like a charm getting those overachiever types to join you in something fun for once. And theater, 'cause anything could be research "for a role" or "improv training". But I'm getting off-topic.

Another ESFP is your best bet (most of my best friends are ESFPs) but just about any P will be more spontaneous than a J most of the time. Other E-types will be more likely than introverts to join you if the activity is loud or in a really crowded place. (Not always though. Sometime introverts are really excited to join if it's just a few hours.) The N/S or F/T has more to do with communication style than anything else, so it's not important in spontaneous adventures. For instance, I have INTP and ISFP friends that are both just as sponateous and fun as my ESFP friends. Only difference is that we're less likely to go to a club if it's just the introverts because none of us really like loud music. Video game arcades, trampolining, theme parks, or other randomness is all totally normal though. Also, J-types may not be spontaneous, but they still do fun things sometimes. You just gotta figure out how to invite the right people at the right time. A little tricky, but so is finding all the folks you get along with best.

Hope that helps! Being a teenager sucks no matter which type you are. But I hope things get better for you soon.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Come live where I am, there appears to be an abundance of spontaneity. Usually the spontaneous decision to steal and/or attack people drunkenly, but still there is a lot of spontain going on.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
How about you go to the places you think are fun and then make friends with people who are already there.