• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] xSTPs and Artwork

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not that I think most people consider xSTPs to be particularly "artistic" (from what I have seen, this is sadly viewed as more of a Feeler's domain), but I definitely think they are capable of making artwork.

The result? Usually resembling a fusion between an xSFP and an xNTP work of art, replacing some of the xNTP's zaniness or bizarre ideas (note that I don't mean this in a bad way) with some of the xSFP's attention to detail.

I myself have a Deviantart page: DeoxysRibonuke's DeviantArt Gallery Although, considering my evolution over the past few years/favoring of a more 'cartoony' style, I can't say that my artwork is the best of example of the point I am trying to convey.

Any other xSTP artists around?

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey do you think Ed Roth was an ESTP? Look up Ed Roth in Google Images. He looks like an ESTP and I think his art looks like stuff an ESTP would make. He made drawings of monsters driving hot rods that have smoke coming off the tires. All of his art contains expressions of brute strength and action, which are characteristics of ESTP's.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey do you think Ed Roth was an ESTP? Look up Ed Roth in Google Images. He looks like an ESTP and I think his art looks like stuff an ESTP would make. He made drawings of monsters driving hot rods that have smoke coming off the tires. All of his art contains expressions of brute strength and action, which are characteristics of ESTP's.

Lemme look 'im up... *looks up*

...Yes, this is very likely; the attention to detail and subject matter definitely points ESTP, although the 'wackiness' made me believe ENTP at first; the finer details, however, overpowered my initial impression.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My Halloween creation. I also created and built the dry bar. That is one form of my artwork. It's what i build and design....create

Not to mention that was just a wall with wood paneling before I decided to redo it. It's done now. All bare wood has been stained and trimmed. Lighting is remote control led...any RGB shade indcluding cool white and warm white. I normally set it to fade from one color to next at random.

My form of art as I envisioned, designed, and created it.

pizzathegreat

MBTI Type
BORK
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are some old pictures that I drew back in high school.

20e47f71886ecf04e54677c198147d63.jpg

f389afe17de4722d2a498237062e6571.jpg

32e0e20367ea73db1bde2adcf019cccb.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can draw stick figures! :holy:

also snails and tornadoes and piranhas... they all look like they were drawn by a small child though :sadbanana:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can draw stick figures! :holy:

also snails and tornadoes and piranhas... they all look like they were drawn by a small child though :sadbanana:

I can draw perspective street and buildings. Of course that's just rulers and drawing straight lines. I can't visualize enough to really draw good

SwimmerGal97

Dragging this post back up because I was thinking about something similar to this myself earlier today.

I think XSTP's are very capable of making art however I think how 'good' they are depends on the environment, circumstances and what you class as 'good' art.

I was thinking about my art class at school and there are five of us and we are all as different as you can get (in terms of mbti types we have an ISTP, ISFJ, ISFP, ESFP and ENFJ).

In terms of who does best in school, the ENFJ and the ISFJ. The ENFJ has the creative ideas, she's experimental and abstract however her drawing skills aren't as strong. The ISFJ is good because she is both expressive and personal in her art (being a sensor means she's also good with details though) and very organised and always on time). So if you looked at art in that way (who's most likely to succeed in an art degree or qualification) I'd say the ENFJ who is the epitome of your quirky 'modern' artist. She gets enjoyment from the ideas process and expressing herself. She's creative.

At the opposite end of the spectrum there's me. The ISTP. Now I'm not bragging here, I just know the strengths and weaknesses of my group, but I have the best technical ability in terms of observation, attention to detail and using my tools and materials. However I really really struggle with the creative aspect of the subject in that my work is not 'deep' or 'meaningful', and when it comes to project I'm really terrible at developing ideas. I get enjoyment out of showing my skill and making things look great, I have a good eye for colour and perspective and more sensory things. I don't draw to express deeper feelings, I draw because I like pretty things. Rather than projects, I'm better at creating one off pieces (especially because I get bored and have terrible time management on top of a not very 'artsy' thought process)

The remaining two, the ISFP and the ESFP, are in the middle. The ESFP is your quintessential ESFP. She's dramatic, emotional, materialistic and has a flair for fashion and textiles (so good in her own way but not as strong in what you might consider art as in paintings). The ISFP has a similar attention to detail as me, however lacks the confidence in her skills I have (but like me isn't great at being on time and developing her ideas and tends to do things just because it looks good but struggles following a project).

So to answer your question: XSTP's CAN create art, however each type has their own view on what constitutes as art. As an XSTP (actually I'm more of an ISXP but I fit your point), I know I view art as a demonstration of skill and the enjoyment comes from the actual composition as in it's colours, realism etc rather than it's message however others might view art more for it's expressional purposes which is why other types might be considered more artistic.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seeing her username ^ I'm too tempted to write this so..

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models.

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
Honestly I don't consider myself an arist, I feel like I don't have an artistic soul. I do like to draw, paint and stuff though, just for fun and when I'm bored. This one was during a particularly boring proteomic class.
Alien.jpg