• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] ESxPs: Demonic Extraverted Intuition, anyone?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't found a lot of pages talking about this, so I figured it was high time for me to make one.

So, recently reevaluating myself after coming off of my SSRIs, I realized the reason I started taking them in the first place; my true and utter hatred of Extraverted Intuition.

Now, while I think Ne CAN be useful, and don't think it is a function that should be wiped off the face of the planet, I find myself shockingly antagonistic whenever I'm having to deal with it. For instance, when I'm hungry, I HATE it when 15-20 minutes are spent talking about ALL the possible places to eat in the area instead of just picking something that sounds tasty and then going; in other words, when Extraverted Intuition is unregulated by any judging function and allowed to run amok.

Being an action/fantasy/sci-fi writer, I have been extremely envious of those capable of using Ne to generate fresh, new ideas (rather than doing what I do and recycling old ideas and then changing details so that they seem fresh). When I actively TRY to use Extraverted Intuition to generate a 'new idea', it often comes across as half-baked. However, whenever I go through being moody and insecure, my brain just naturally sets off on an unanchored journey through intuition-land; when this happens, I entirely disassociate and start to exhibit symptoms of Borderline personality disorder, jumping to conclusions, panicking, suddenly feeling like my identity and sense of self is being threatened by all the possibilities, what I COULD be.

In one online source (forgot the link; sorry!), I read that Demonic Ne in ESxPs tends to manifest as "confusing possibilities for realities" or "jumping to conclusions". Many, MANY people over the years have accused me of "jumping to conclusions", and I myself in recent years have noticed I have a tendency to confuse people's "might be" with "is/will be", because with sensing there is often an "is" and an "isn't", and so I don't operate well on ambiguity.

How about you guys? How does your Demonic Ne manifest?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yes sis read me for filth

á´…eparted

passages
Of the ESFP's I've come to know over the years (I don't recall ever becoming close enough to an ESTP to use them as an example), what you describe seemed to annoy them as well. In a lot of way's Se is very no-nonsense, when when the mind (for whatever reason) goes there beyond their control, they COMPLETELY spaz over it. I wouldn't say they start to exhibit legitimate psychiatric symptoms, but nevertheless they get bent out of shape until something is pinned down. I've always attributed this to inferior Ni in them. One of my best friends in college (ESFP 8w7) would once in a while have me effectively smack sense into her by making her get up and start doing something, if she ends up getting stuck in her head. It was rare, but it happened on occasion.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also [MENTION=9976]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=16019]TreeBob[/MENTION] [MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION]

...this forum needs more ESFPs :thinking:

Duffy

Inferior intuitives in general can act this way because I've known ISxJs to do something similar. I guess with the only difference being Ni users are more conclusive, as you've mentioned in the OP (jumping to conclusions), and they tend to act more to counter it. While Ne users end up crippled by uncertainties, basically ENxP opportunistic perspective flipped on it's head where everything leads to a disaster, and so they're more passive about it (overthinking).

There's also function loop theory that tries to explain the same phenomenon.

ghostlovescore

This happens to me all the time when I'm stressed out about a situation. I'll assume that it will end in a very specific negative way, & I'm sure that will be the only outcome.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I try really hard not to jump to conclusions when life goes to shit (This year has been excessively challenging on me when it comes to that). If I'm up at 3 am for whatever reason, just every thought goes through my head as to what places would be the best to be homeless in, or if I were to go into the sex industry for desperate cash, how deep would I go?

Also, just a side note, totally sort of unrelated. I find Ne doms get really into LARPing, and it's just so beyond me. I can't even bother to understand it. :shock:

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of the ESFP's I've come to know over the years (I don't recall ever becoming close enough to an ESTP to use them as an example), what you describe seemed to annoy them as well. In a lot of way's Se is very no-nonsense, when when the mind (for whatever reason) goes there beyond their control, they COMPLETELY spaz over it. I wouldn't say they start to exhibit legitimate psychiatric symptoms, but nevertheless they get bent out of shape until something is pinned down. I've always attributed this to inferior Ni in them. One of my best friends in college (ESFP 8w7) would once in a while have me effectively smack sense into her by making her get up and start doing something, if she ends up getting stuck in her head. It was rare, but it happened on occasion.

Yeah, my ISTP s.o. has developed enough of an ability to read people/problem solve that they suggested to me that I should distract myself whenever I start looping, although that's much easier said than done, because I hate avoiding problems and want to just tackle them head-on!

Inferior intuitives in general can act this way because I've known ISxJs to do something similar. I guess with the only difference being Ni users are more conclusive, as you've mentioned in the OP (jumping to conclusions), and they tend to act more to counter it. While Ne users end up crippled by uncertainties, basically ENxP opportunistic perspective flipped on it's head where everything leads to a disaster, and so they're more passive about it (overthinking).

There's also function loop theory that tries to explain the same phenomenon.

Something that proves my point on my conclusion-jumping; I was almost about ready to jump down your throat because I thought for a second you were calling me an ISxJ. I had to force myself to take a moment and re-scan that paragraph to realize that wasn't your point at all. xD;

But anyway, what you said about twisting Ne on the negative; instead of seeing all the positive opportunities, seeing everything lead to catastrophe? Yeah, I didn't realize even my PESSIMISM could be Inferior Ni/Demonic Ne getting involved. A lot of times in the past, I have been criticized for "shooting down other people's ideas" out of fear one small, unlikely thing could happen and try to convince everyone that a risk is not worth taking if they're even a SLIVER of a chance something could go catastrophically wrong.

This happens to me all the time when I'm stressed out about a situation. I'll assume that it will end in a very specific negative way, & I'm sure that will be the only outcome.

See above. Another example: I was afraid to buy a milk-snake from the store that needed a home, even though my s.o. and I both really wanted it, because I assumed my mother--whom I still live with--would be entirely opposed to the idea/creeped out by us feeding it frozen mice (she's an INFJ and is EXTREMELY empathetic to all living creatures in a way that can be outright maddening).

My s.o. tried convincing me to get the snake anyway and then just tell my mom and dad about it later...I was also extremely opposed to THAT idea, out of fear that my mother would feel betrayed and/or she would ask us to get rid of it. Eventually, I did buy it, but was extremely neurotic about keeping it hidden out of fear my mother would enter my room and discover it, to the point of my anxiety driving my s.o. crazy (again, he's an ISTP; he's more Schizoid in his communication style, whereas I'm more Histrionic.) Later, I finally told my mom, and she was all like "OMG I LOVE SNAKES" and immediately wanted to see it.

My forehead was red that day from the amount of face-palming.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its kinda funny you mentioned me here, because I was thinking about Ne and enneagram types and thinking that there is no way in hell that an Ne-Dom can be a legit 8. To me, Dominant Ne doesn't seem very self-assured. Its always changing its mind, always brainstorming all possibilities and taking everything into account from 28201 different views without being decisive of one. That really frustrates me about Ne. Although Ne has amazing ideas, connections and concepts, it seems a lot more explorative than even Se can be. It seems to piss me off when an Ne user can not make up his/her mind. When I do things, I have my mind made up. I know exactly what I am gonna do, how I am gonna approach it and what I want from it. I guess I can see how Se frustrates Ne users in a sense. The living in the present moment, psychical, more simplified**, straight shooting factors must drive them ballistic. And the limited options also. All I can say is thank God for Se. Its the only way I can get shit done and get it done right. Its the functions that fuels the fiery inner gears. I like the slaps of Ni I get from time to time. They really help me see things the way I should see them. They help me finish the shit I start and see things I never seen before. Of course, this is my opinion on Se and Ne. An Ne-Dom will have a totally different view on Se and Ne. Feel free to disagree with me/flame me on this one.

Last edited:

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Its kinda funny you mentioned me here, because I was thinking about Ne and enneagram types and thinking that there is no way in hell that an Ne-Dom can be a legit 8. To me, Dominant Ne doesn't seem very self-assured. Its always changing its mind, always brainstorming all possibilities and taking everything into account from 28201 different views without being decisive of one. That really frustrates me about Ne. Although Ne has amazing ideas, connections and concepts, it seems a lot more explorative than even Se can be. It seems to piss me off when an Ne user can not make up his/her mind. When I do things, I have my mind made up. I know exactly what I am gonna do, how I am gonna approach it and what I want from it. I guess I can see how Se frustrates Ne users in a sense. The living in the present moment, psychical, more simplified**, straight shooting factors must drive them ballistic. And the limited options also. All I can say is thank God for Se. Its the only way I can get shit done and get it done right. Its the functions that fuels the fiery inner gears. I like the slaps of Ni I get from time to time. They really help me see things the way I should see them. They help me finish the shit I start and see things I never seen before. Of course, this is my opinion on Se and Ne. An Ne-Dom will have a totally different view on Se and Ne. Feel free to disagree with me/flame me on this one.

I used to get along better with Ne-users when I was younger...because I hadn't yet realized how catastrophic their Ne can be when they get too hung up on determining if there's an "Option C" when only two Options A and B exist; in my mind, even if there WERE an Option C, it would be a waste of time investing effort into it because all the resources available are primarily already devoted to Options A and B. Not that I don't think there is EVER a viable Option C, but I get extremely annoyed when people spend so much time and effort (especially mine) trying to find a 'better way' when I just want to take care of the task an move on.

...This line of thinking on my part is probably why ESTPs are considered Choleric first/Sanguine second, and why the inverse is true of their Ne-using counterparts, ENTPs.

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So it seemed the op started saying he found Ne annoying and then it flipped to I hate it when I Ne. We (ESXP) don't use Ne and it seems offensive even thinking about it.

To do so, your Se would need to completely shut off.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to get along better with Ne-users when I was younger...because I hadn't yet realized how catastrophic their Ne can be when they get too hung up on determining if there's an "Option C" when only two Options A and B exist; in my mind, even if there WERE an Option C, it would be a waste of time investing effort into it because all the resources available are primarily already devoted to Options A and B. Not that I don't think there is EVER a viable Option C, but I get extremely annoyed when people spend so much time and effort (especially mine) trying to find a 'better way' when I just want to take care of the task an move on.

...This line of thinking on my part is probably why ESTPs are considered Choleric first/Sanguine second, and why the inverse is true of their Ne-using counterparts, ENTPs.

I can just imagine Ne-Doms in a Multiple Choice Test...

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah, I remember when I first took the MBTI test, I didn't even QUESTION most of my impulsive answers to 'yes' and 'no'. I remember later on showing other people the test and then watching them take forever to answer each question; they usually scored some form of xNxP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I uhh.... I think I'm mistyped.

Being an action/fantasy/sci-fi writer, I have been extremely envious of those capable of using Ne to generate fresh, new ideas (rather than doing what I do and recycling old ideas and then changing details so that they seem fresh). When I actively TRY to use Extraverted Intuition to generate a 'new idea', it often comes across as half-baked. However, whenever I go through being moody and insecure, my brain just naturally sets off on an unanchored journey through intuition-land; when this happens, I entirely disassociate and start to exhibit symptoms of Borderline personality disorder, jumping to conclusions, panicking, suddenly feeling like my identity and sense of self is being threatened by all the possibilities, what I COULD be.

I write short stories. I have 20 times the ideas I could ever use, and I just get them for free while I'm doing other stuff. I have to try to combine them into one story to try to fit them all in, which doesn't really work. I can only imagine having to recycle, unless I started something, lost interest, and circled back to it to finish it (which isn't really recycling). The opposite happens to me when I get stressed or insecure; I can't generate ideas at all, and I basically shut down and get stuck.

But anyway, what you said about twisting Ne on the negative; instead of seeing all the positive opportunities, seeing everything lead to catastrophe? Yeah, I didn't realize even my PESSIMISM could be Inferior Ni/Demonic Ne getting involved. A lot of times in the past, I have been criticized for "shooting down other people's ideas" out of fear one small, unlikely thing could happen and try to convince everyone that a risk is not worth taking if they're even a SLIVER of a chance something could go catastrophically wrong.

I think inferior Ne in ISxJ can also do a similar thing to demonic Ne in ESxP, yeah.

I don't see the worst possibilities under stress; I see the worst of reality.

Yeah, I remember when I first took the MBTI test, I didn't even QUESTION most of my impulsive answers to 'yes' and 'no'. I remember later on showing other people the test and then watching them take forever to answer each question; they usually scored some form of xNxP.

I...uh... had this exactly problem with multiple choice tests in school... when I can see too many ways to interpret question and answers so that all the answers would be true...

*slinks back into corner*

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is happening to me right now. Last night I went on a massive song surf for two hours and just lay and listened to music.

My brain was like "This all makes sense now. You know why you're being a whiny brat asshole? You're not focusing your energy in the right places! Your friend's right! You need to go and do more things! Focus your energy in the right places! Don't waste it all on pointless things!"

I've been so tired recently and ignoring my Se sx/so energy and my 8 instincts, that things have been mental. I've been close to looping, and thinking that something's a massive conspiracy when it [probably] isn't.

I've been turning into a deranged INxJ.