• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What is Se to you?

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I draw an object, I look at the object for what it is. I look at where the light hits the object and where its shadows are and how it relates to the objects around it. I draw it for what it is and try and make the art about the beauty of the object. I don't do impressionism. I don't get it really.

As the title asks, what is Se to you?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not SP but I see Se as being mindful of the present moment. I have a bad habit of thinking about any and everything except what is happening in front of me, how I exist in it, how I relate to it, etc. Makes me feel like a slug in time.

With it comes an awareness that I greatly envy.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That shit's magic to me, especially when I see someone use it in conjunction with Fi. Wizard unicorn stuff.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"I'll know what to do once I get in there."

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it's fun, do it

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ability to accept and exist in the present. To communicate with your surroundings and the people who are in it. To master the art of living in the moment-quite zen in that way. To manipulate (not in the negative sense) the physical environment and mould it for the best outcome for you and friends/family etc. Seeing the world in technicolour and using your force to engage with the colours.

I suppose I am merging the mbti and socionics definitions here and coming up with a hybrid... sorta like this....(minus to heavy weight placed on non reality I don't think it's too far off the mark of the matrix).

latest

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was better with it when I was young. Nowadays I don't seem to pay much attention to anything - nor does anything concrete rarely interest me. I see but if it's inconsequential or something I've seen thousand times before, I return to my head.

The bad side of it is that I don't know how to enjoy esthetic experiences anymore with concentrating.

á´…eparted

passages
My Se in a nutshell:

In all seriousness, my Se (tert) is a "fun spot" for me. It's how I allow myself to live in and roll with the moment. I've learned it's really important to me. It's very often linked to my Ni (the two are rarely stand alone) and allows me to make the right moves without conscious thought. It essentially has trust and faith things will go as they need to. It's about action, practicality, what can actively be done.

And yes, to occasionally throw caution into the wind and get completely trashed in one for or another :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ah, I like this, and can relate. I find my preference is actually to wing it - to read, adjust, play off of whatever is happening in the moment.

When I look at all of the 'big discussions' I have had in the past, like at work for example when I need to bring something up, I have the one or two elements I want to mention but otherwise I have no idea necessarily what I'm going to say to the other person - I just let it come out as it comes out, and ofc their input will create a dynamic element.

As a tangible example, may or may not be tied to Se, I think it may be why I am pretty good at finding my way around, when driving; vs people who get lost even when they have a GPS. :shock: There might be something up ahead, oops, I'll go this way instead even if I've never been on the road before, I have confidence I'll be able to feel my way to where I need to be...

Also, I'm definitely a learning-by-doing person. Just throwing myself in there; this is probably tied to 'I'll know what to do once I get in there' -- vs people who immerse themselves in manuals and reading up on all kinds of things before doing it (I'm reminded of years ago an NFP on here who I chatted with in a thread, where she said in order for her to feel somewhat OK doing something she was nervous about (I think it was tied to an outdoor sport, like whitewater rafting or something like that), she read up on it and learned as much as possible before doing it. vs me, I did the same activity without having read anything and being clueless essentially about what it would be like -- but for me that's the fun of it, learning in the moment, exactly what it's like, vs going in with some set of data that might skew or bias my natural mode/skills of experiencing then and there. I am perhaps the anti-researcher. ;) There's pluses and minuses of both, certainly.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ah, I like this, and can relate. I find my preference is actually to wing it - to read, adjust, play off of whatever is happening in the moment.

When I look at all of the 'big discussions' I have had in the past, like at work for example when I need to bring something up, I have the one or two elements I want to mention but otherwise I have no idea necessarily what I'm going to say to the other person - I just let it come out as it comes out, and ofc their input will create a dynamic element.

As a tangible example, may or may not be tied to Se, I think it may be why I am pretty good at finding my way around, when driving; vs people who get lost even when they have a GPS. :shock: There might be something up ahead, oops, I'll go this way instead even if I've never been on the road before, I have confidence I'll be able to feel my way to where I need to be...

Also, I'm definitely a learning-by-doing person. Just throwing myself in there; this is probably tied to 'I'll know what to do once I get in there' -- vs people who immerse themselves in manuals and reading up on all kinds of things before doing it (I'm reminded of years ago an NFP on here who I chatted with in a thread, where she said in order for her to feel somewhat OK doing something she was nervous about (I think it was tied to an outdoor sport, like whitewater rafting or something like that), she read up on it and learned as much as possible before doing it. vs me, I did the same activity without having read anything and being clueless essentially about what it would be like -- but for me that's the fun of it, learning in the moment, exactly what it's like, vs going in with some set of data that might skew or bias my natural mode/skills of experiencing then and there. I am perhaps the anti-researcher. ;) There's pluses and minuses of both, certainly.

I prefer to be shown, like an apprenticeship of some kind. If there isn't anyone who can show me, then I'll resort to an improvise/manual/research combo.

wolfy

awsm
Being aware of what is around me. Taking in info. Leading me around. Info to perceive...

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5

haha! Exactly. I've gotten screwed a many of times trying to wing it though. I still don't change my ways. I just learn from experience.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se is to be able to see the bus stop and waving at the bus driver to stop for your before they decide to leave you stranded.

Ne is to plan to go to the bus stop, but getting distracted by all the other buss lines that surround you and fascinated on how each one goes to a different place. Imagining on going on a different bus, then realizing that you missed the line you were supposed to go on. Leaving you stranded in a strange city.

Thats the best metaphor I can come up with for now.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Coming from someone who's PoLR function is Se...

it means being constantly aware of and knowing how to take control of your surroundings to your desires. The ability to maneuver around unfamiliar situations. And not being afraid to get what you want, sometimes appearing very blunt and direct instead of beating around the bush.

It also means not walking into walls, spilling coffee on your shirt and/or keyboard, and hitting the ping pong ball 180 degrees away from your specified target.

But for me, Se is:

- Being very malleable to the situation, preferring others take control over my own decisions.
- Little desire to tell people what to do, hoping that they will know what they want for themselves.
- Exerting little motivation to get what I want
- Being hopelessly confused and nervous in new situations, like maybe transferring to a new town or school.
- Find any act of aggression very intimidating, even if playful. I especially dislike the competitiveness in sports.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer to be shown, like an apprenticeship of some kind. If there isn't anyone who can show me, then I'll resort to an improvise/manual/research combo.

You know, I do like being shown something, but I think I don't actually *learn* / integrate it until I do it for myself. In school I was able to learn in a variety of settings/ didn't really notice that I failed in any one type of setting (so, maybe I just adapted well / could do fine via lecture or via studying on my own?), but it's since school that when I look at other people, I notice that one thing I'm not inclined to do is read up on stuff much; I just tend to leap in. Some of it is impatience, but I do think it's just that I learn best when I play around/ do things, and learn what does and does not work while doing it.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Se is me when i was in the sixth grade, depressed about being sent to a religious school, saying how i don't want to go to heaven because of all the pleasures the physical world has blessed me with. That has since become a very imoprtant and bittersweet moment.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se involves a play of concrete imaginings. Imagine yourself on a tropical island surrounded by beautiful women, lying on the beach sipping a cocktail with an umbrella in it.

Then make it a reality.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se involves a play of concrete imaginings. Imagine yourself on a tropical island surrounded by beautiful women, lying on the beach sipping a cocktail with an umbrella in it.

Then make it a reality.

That is reality. : p