First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ESI None

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Ah, I like this, and can relate. I find my preference is actually to wing it - to read, adjust, play off of whatever is happening in the moment.

When I look at all of the 'big discussions' I have had in the past, like at work for example when I need to bring something up, I have the one or two elements I want to mention but otherwise I have no idea necessarily what I'm going to say to the other person - I just let it come out as it comes out, and ofc their input will create a dynamic element.

As a tangible example, may or may not be tied to Se, I think it may be why I am pretty good at finding my way around, when driving; vs people who get lost even when they have a GPS. There might be something up ahead, oops, I'll go this way instead even if I've never been on the road before, I have confidence I'll be able to feel my way to where I need to be...

Also, I'm definitely a learning-by-doing person. Just throwing myself in there; this is probably tied to 'I'll know what to do once I get in there' -- vs people who immerse themselves in manuals and reading up on all kinds of things before doing it (I'm reminded of years ago an NFP on here who I chatted with in a thread, where she said in order for her to feel somewhat OK doing something she was nervous about (I think it was tied to an outdoor sport, like whitewater rafting or something like that), she read up on it and learned as much as possible before doing it. vs me, I did the same activity without having read anything and being clueless essentially about what it would be like -- but for me that's the fun of it, learning in the moment, exactly what it's like, vs going in with some set of data that might skew or bias my natural mode/skills of experiencing then and there. I am perhaps the anti-researcher. There's pluses and minuses of both, certainly.
    I prefer to be shown, like an apprenticeship of some kind. If there isn't anyone who can show me, then I'll resort to an improvise/manual/research combo.

Being aware of what is around me. Taking in info. Leading me around. Info to perceive...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ESI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    "I'll know what to do once I get in there."
    haha! Exactly. I've gotten screwed a many of times trying to wing it though. I still don't change my ways. I just learn from experience.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Se is to be able to see the bus stop and waving at the bus driver to stop for your before they decide to leave you stranded.

Ne is to plan to go to the bus stop, but getting distracted by all the other buss lines that surround you and fascinated on how each one goes to a different place. Imagining on going on a different bus, then realizing that you missed the line you were supposed to go on. Leaving you stranded in a strange city.

Thats the best metaphor I can come up with for now.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

Coming from someone who's PoLR function is Se...

it means being constantly aware of and knowing how to take control of your surroundings to your desires. The ability to maneuver around unfamiliar situations. And not being afraid to get what you want, sometimes appearing very blunt and direct instead of beating around the bush.

It also means not walking into walls, spilling coffee on your shirt and/or keyboard, and hitting the ping pong ball 180 degrees away from your specified target.

But for me, Se is:

- Being very malleable to the situation, preferring others take control over my own decisions.
    - Little desire to tell people what to do, hoping that they will know what they want for themselves.
    - Exerting little motivation to get what I want
    - Being hopelessly confused and nervous in new situations, like maybe transferring to a new town or school.
    - Find any act of aggression very intimidating, even if playful. I especially dislike the competitiveness in sports.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the Sun View Post
    I prefer to be shown, like an apprenticeship of some kind. If there isn't anyone who can show me, then I'll resort to an improvise/manual/research combo.
    You know, I do like being shown something, but I think I don't actually *learn* / integrate it until I do it for myself. In school I was able to learn in a variety of settings/ didn't really notice that I failed in any one type of setting (so, maybe I just adapted well / could do fine via lecture or via studying on my own?), but it's since school that when I look at other people, I notice that one thing I'm not inclined to do is read up on stuff much; I just tend to leap in. Some of it is impatience, but I do think it's just that I learn best when I play around/ do things, and learn what does and does not work while doing it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Fun in the Sun liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Se is me when i was in the sixth grade, depressed about being sent to a religious school, saying how i don't want to go to heaven because of all the pleasures the physical world has blessed me with. That has since become a very imoprtant and bittersweet moment.
    Likes Qlip, Fun in the Sun liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Sexy

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Se involves a play of concrete imaginings. Imagine yourself on a tropical island surrounded by beautiful women, lying on the beach sipping a cocktail with an umbrella in it.

Then make it a reality.
    Likes Galena, Fate liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Se involves a play of concrete imaginings. Imagine yourself on a tropical island surrounded by beautiful women, lying on the beach sipping a cocktail with an umbrella in it.

Then make it a reality.
    That is reality. : p