• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Tips for coping with an ESTJ peer in an office environment

Portia

MBTI Type
ISTP
So, I am an ISTP supervisor in a technical program management environment and am having issues with an ESTJ peer writing critical and accusatory e-mails to my team before this person even researches the issue. This person writes from a position of ignorance.:mad:

Any ideas? I was thinking if I could use humor somehow.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sounds kind of like a former supervisor of mine, only he did it verbally as opposed to by e-mail

humor helps... I made enough jokes about his behavior that he toned it down a good bit. Staring at him until he became uncomfortable worked pretty well as well... :)

Portia

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thanks, I forgot about my ability to stare and give people the silent treatment. :wink:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I am an ISTP supervisor in a technical program management environment and am having issues with an ESTJ peer writing critical and accusatory e-mails to my team before this person even researches the issue. This person writes from a position of ignorance.:mad:

Any ideas? I was thinking if I could use humor somehow.

Humor is good but I would stay clear of it in writing where it can be misread as passive aggressive or just literally.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Humor is good but I would stay clear of it in writing where it can be misread as passive aggressive or just literally.

Yep. This is a face to face thing. What exactly are they doing?

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
Personally I would just confront the bastard face to face and be real blunt about it and let him know who is the boss.