• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] How do you react when someone pisses you off?

D

Dali

It takes A LOT to get me angry but when that does happen, I stew & stew & stew on the inside and completely detach from that person. If the person is civil, I can quite quickly get over what made me angry and get back to being friends with them BUT if someone mocked an aspect of my personality either expressly or in an implied manner (and it's not done in jest), then I NEVER forgive them. EVER. I might get back to being civil but not close/friendly.

How do you other SPs express your anger?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heh. Well, I'm a bit of a hothead, but I've now been on medication for blood pressure and heart rate for a while so I'm calmer than I used to be when I'm pissed off. I still can feel the inner Hulk rising within me, though. ;) My face turns red easily and I scowl and my brain starts cursing and thinking really mean things, but I usually don't let most of that come out, I will often take it out on inanimate objects like if I'm in the office, I have thrown things like sticky note pads and papers and stuff. When I'm driving, I pretty much just call the bad drivers names in my head.

I tend to forgive most people really quickly, actually. I often make excuses for people's behavior, or I find reasons why I should be more upset at myself than somebody else. The only people that it takes me a long time to forgive are those that truly hurt me very deeply like my ex-wife. It took me several years to forgive her but I finally did a few years ago, and it was good to have that burden off me.

In general, I don't usually stay pissed off very long. It comes in short bursts that are quickly gone and I can be laughing and smiling a few minutes after somebody made me really mad. I tend to stay mad at myself much longer than other people.

alicia91

I never lose my temper. I tend to confront people who are close to me directly (like friends and family), and with people I don't know as well, I'll usually get back to them later once I've had a chance to think things through a bit, at which point I might call them or email, etc. So I tend to very directly and logically tell people what it is they are doing that doesn't sit well with me.

But I'm also quite quick to forgive and forget so often I don't get around to sending that email or writing that letter of complaint. Usually once I've had a chance to think about it I run it through my filter of "how important is this in the scheme of life?" If it's not, I tend to just let it roll off my back.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I talk to them immediately: logically and calmly.

I also flood them with pretentious theory and complex vocab.

I usually 'win'.

If I'm dealing with immaturity (children, adults who think like children), I will be very calm and stern, or just unflinchingly stare into their eyes (with feeling) until they breakdown/start to cry. There's something about breaking convention that gets through to people deeper than social cues.

After that, things always seem more harmonious for everyone, and I can build them back up as a friend.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm ENTP too, but since another one posted saying something different, then i figured i'd speak up and say how:

it takes a lot to truly piss me off too (most of the time, it's over a perceived injustice-either against me or someone truly defenseless-this can come in a variety of forms), so it usually only happens if i feel totally in the right.

i tell them exactly why i'm pissed and if pissed enough, i'll do it in a very belittling, usually loud (for maximum humiliation) fashion, thus forcing them to either back the hell off or continue the fight. if they choose the latter, then being that i'm confident i was right to be pissed (since, again, it takes a LOT), then it's "go time". at that point, i figure they deserve whatever they get as they chose continue it, and i finish it via whatever means they choose to take it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I arm Digest with a hammer and fling her toward my enemies. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, haters!!!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
it takes a lot to truly piss me off too (most of the time, it's over a perceived injustice-either against me or someone truly defenseless-this can come in a variety of forms), so it usually only happens if i feel totally in the right.
*resists the obvious challenge*

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i act like nothing happened
silently rationalizing my emotion

but i have yet to meet someone that

1. pisses me off
2. that i would respect enough to tell them anything

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I arm Digest with a hammer and fling her toward my enemies. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, haters!!!

heh. i said 'someone truly defenseless', and i don't get that vibe from you.

*resists the obvious challenge*

i honestly can't imagine you pissing me off. it'd have to be something very extreme, since from what i know of you, you seem pretty cool.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
i honestly can't imagine you pissing me off. it'd have to be something very extreme, since from what i know of you, you seem pretty cool.
Challenge accepted!

So . . . what's your favorite football team?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Challenge accepted!

So . . . what's your favorite football team?

psht... football.

but, i did think of something. if you ever radically hurt notta, i'd be really pissed. someone vulnerable due to being 'in love' falls under 'defenseless'.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Define "radically."

something so bad that she lost the will to fight for herself and/or caused her to begin rationalizing being hurt by you.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
something so bad that she lost the will to fight for herself and/or caused her to begin rationalizing being hurt by you.
That sounds like a lot of work. Are you sure that there isn't anything else I could do to piss you off and witness your reaction?

(What's the thread about, anyway?)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
That sounds like a lot of work. Are you sure that there isn't anything else I could do to piss you off and witness your reaction?

(What's the thread about, anyway?)

that's why it would piss me off!

because it would normally take a LOT for her to get to that point. which means you'd deserve whatever came your way!

no, sorry, can't think of anything else. really, i tried. i did, but that's it. i'm afraid you need another patsy.

actually, you should try that. maybe it'll work!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
that's why it would piss me off!

because it would normally take a LOT for her to get to that point. which means you'd deserve whatever came your way!

no, sorry, can't think of anything else. really, i tried. i did, but that's it. i'm afraid you need another patsy.

actually, you should try that. maybe it'll work!
Okay then, you leave me without any other options.

*goes to talk to notta*

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay then, you leave me without any other options.

*goes to talk to notta*

i hope she's already fired up about something else entirely and when you stroll in with that smile on your face, all you hear before trying and failing to dodge the chair is, "your face pisses me off!"

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, gee......

Everyone sounds so calm and rational.

I'm a regular fire ball. I'm hot-blooded, hot-tempered, and - well - a hot loaded gun. So if you piss me off, I'm going off on a tangent that'll make you wanna scream, "MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" (Or kick my ass). Roaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blush: Guess I'm the only one.

Oh, yeah. Little things tend to piss me off more than big things. Big things challenge me and make me go into "Rational Thinker's Phase." Little things just make me go:

RAAAAOOOOWWWWW. Meow, meow, HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

If that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't. Oh crap, I probably shouldn't have admitted that, but oh well, who cares?! It's only the Internet.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It varies..

My responses are tailored to the individual and the circumstance.

If my anger stems from hurt, I will most often become emotionally withdrawn and terse in my exchanges with the individual until I no longer feel that way.

If it stems from annoyance (say.. invasion of privacy or boundaries, disrespect) and I choose to confront it, I will be direct and assertive. Raised eyebrows and all that good stuff.