• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] A question to determine S or N?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I like that, my minds eye is like a black and white TV with bad reception. I know personally I don't think in images. Its like ok, I have an idea on how not to screw things up, lets jump into it because the vision is in front of me. I usually put more thought then a dominant Se, but I don't have to have some fully thought out vision before I jump, just some half ass direction. I scare people because of that.

Well, the images I mean aren't necessarily a visual picture in your head, although I do think in visual pictures a lot. It's like a "feel" I get from what I am sensing that points to certain qualities of the thing. Do you relate to what I said about trying to "project" your own image into the environment?

In terms of behaviour, I tend to not so much respond to what is in front of me. For me it's like, there's a habitual way that I act and respond to things, and environmental cues may trigger a certain response. So, I am not that good at adapting to new situations because I stick what what I know.

I think the relation between the cognitive and behavioural aspects here is that it is an image which triggers the response. So for Si, the internal feel generated leads to a habitual action, for Se it may be the objective qualities of what is in front of them generates an adaptation response.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the images I mean aren't necessarily a visual picture in your head, although I do think in visual pictures a lot. It's like a "feel" I get from what I am sensing that points to certain qualities of the thing. Do you relate to what I said about trying to "project" your own image into the environment?

In terms of behaviour, I tend to not so much respond to what is in front of me. For me it's like, there's a habitual way that I act and respond to things, and environmental cues may trigger a certain response. So, I am not that good at adapting to new situations because I stick what what I know.

I think the relation between the cognitive and behavioural aspects here is that it is an image which triggers the response. So for Si, the internal feel generated leads to a habitual action, for Se it may be the objective qualities of what is in front of them generates an adaptation response.

I asked and I create my image by doing what I want. Basically I am who I am, love it or leave it. I asked my GF and I am very controlling of my environment and even the people in it, though she said I do it in a good way, not a bad way. A way where things are win-win, even my manipulative I make sure it's a win-win. I had another friend tell me that I get what I want and I get what I go after. I do project the image of who I am, though I don't generally care about others image of me unless it makes them feel like less of a person. At those times I humble myself and try to hide the image of myself. I don't like being thought of as above others. I have been told I am very stubborn and hard headed, but not forceful of it to others generally. If someone is forceful i can be forceful back. Basically I do my own thing, have my own beliefs, values, etc. That I live by and they are very strong and stubborn with how I live my life.

I use the objective qualities of what's in front of me to learn what is as opposed to learning from others what is. Therefor I have my own opinion of life based on objective data taken in. For example I objectively learn people and religion instead of just blindly following. It's things like taking in the why...but it's taken in via my senses, not asking. Because people lie and manipulate themselves so much out of protection of self that I can't actually believe what they say and have to judge things objectively.

Despite the fact that I am laid back, easy going, and not controlling of people I have been referred to as a lion, king, bear, bull, beast, renegade, etc. When I get knocked for what I do like drive crazy, etc I do it without others knowing. I don't do it to show off, I do it because I enjoy it.

All this is a combination though of Se, Ti, and Ni

Your feelings would be your Si and your Fi.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an ENFP so ridiculous is my specialty lol ;) I definitely don't blame you for being frustrated about people hating on you just for your type. That's incredibly immature and anybody who does that is the one with the problem. (Btw, I feel your pain. I've seen way too many internet articles talking about how shallow extroverts are and I hate it) Some of the smartest, kindest, and most productive people I know are sensors. Some of the most shallow and rude people I know are sensors. Stereotypes need to be burned to the ground. My problem with what you said though was that even though you didn't say all you still perpetuated a stereotype about intuitives. It's a really common thing, one group gets criticized unfairly so they criticize the other group in their frustration. But trading stereotype for stereotype isn't the best solution. Most intuitives I know are not outcast at all and are simply curious about personalities when they test. Just like most sensors I know are smart and imaginative and not "sheeple". For the record a sensor got me hooked on MBTI :)

sometimes you don't need to read between the lines because there really isn't anything there

I wasn't implying anything about all intuitives. I was implying it about some "intuitives." I even used quotes so that assuming things should be taken off the table :doh:

I say what I mean

spend enough time reading the threads around here (old ones included) and what I said will make perfect sense

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I completed my first MBTI test it resulted in INTP. Then I read somewhat more about each type and I realized that I'm somewhere in between the two. I was more like an INTP when I was stuck in a rut more or less isolated. I sent MBTI tests to some of my ST, NT friends (mostly geeks from the university) and they were all surprised that I'm an ISTP. Complete as many different MBTI tests as possible to decide which one is you. There is somewhere a free INTP vs ISTP test too that is fairly good.

It is actually not a binary N or S, but you probably prefer one of them in most situations. There are shades of grey between the two and the best is if you can apply a right mixture of N and S in a given context. Both intuitive and logical thinking can be improved.

chicanai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just wondering. Does it matter? If you're S or N, I mean. At the end of the day, they're just letters that don't define who you are. As long as there is self-growth, you can strengthen your other functions as you mature.

ghostlovescore

Chicanai- no it doesn't matter, at the end of the day. But in order to make the self progress you're talking about it's helpful to know your exact type & then you can study your exact cognitive function stack & make improvements. So it helps, which is why people ask.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chicanai- no it doesn't matter, at the end of the day. But in order to make the self progress you're talking about it's helpful to know your exact type & then you can study your exact cognitive function stack & make improvements. So it helps, which is why people ask.
The point is that there is no exact type or exact cognitive function stack. These are very rough estimations and it can be very dependent on a specific context how you behave. For example I'm somewhere in between ISTP INTP ENTP ISFP (but at heart I'm rather a barbarian ISTP). It is fun to analyse yourself and read about common mistakes made by similar people but that's it. In order to improve yourself you need a strong direction and that direction shouldn't be something dictated by others or by an MBTI prototype.

Also, don't self improve for the sake of self improvement. Be honest with yourself and define what makes you happy (without limitations, even if these goals seem to be unreachable). Then start pushing for your dreams by eliminating the obstacles. Repeat this process as many times as you wish in your life whenever you get bored of the previous goals. This makes self improvement automatic and fun, not something you force on yourself like learning in a boring school.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try thinking of it in terms of Cognitive functions. Then it's not a matter of if you have S or N, but rather what type of S and What type of N.

IOW, what attitude? Such as introverted introversion versus extroverted introversion?