• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Ask an ISFP anything

chicanai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why are so so sensible and humble?
And with some other people so sarcastic and evil?

:) 'cause we act differently around different people? For me, at least. People who annoy me (think former boss/friend) tend to get the sarcastic side of me sometimes. BUT. I am pretty self-effacing though I have learned to accept compliments with a joke ("Awww, so sweet of you to say that. You're such a sweetiepiehunnybunny").

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
:) 'cause we act differently around different people? For me, at least. People who annoy me (think former boss/friend) tend to get the sarcastic side of me sometimes. BUT. I am pretty self-effacing though I have learned to accept compliments with a joke ("Awww, so sweet of you to say that. You're such a sweetiepiehunnybunny").

Is 'bossy' character, or there are more traits annoy you?

chicanai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is 'bossy' character, or there are more traits annoy you?

Sorry, I didn't quite understand your comment. Did you mean if bossiness annoys me and also what other traits I find annoying? <-- I'll answer this (please feel free to correct me if this wasn't your question). :)

To answer my (your?) question, I'd say "yes". Bossiness does annoy me, mainly because I don't like being told what to do. For me, I will never impose my views on others so when people do this to me (i.e. tell me this is wrong or I should be doing something a certain way, for example), I get annoyed. "To each his own" is my motto in life - unfortunately, some people do not have this same belief. :(

Other traits that I find annoying: Rudeness (there's a fine line between being rude and being outspoken/blunt; I appreciate the latter, not the former); fakeness (stop pretending that we're good friends); negativity (people who only talk about their problems and negative stuff really drain me); and etc. There are more but I'm not even sure if this answers your question? :D Hope you found this helpful.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Almost.
I asked weather your annoyed by being told what to do or someone controlling you, there are many kinds and examples, as there are those poeple -mostly emotional- would do almost anything to make sure you're safe, they care for you and are a bit controlling by nature.
And those who, I also fond annoying, stupid people who like to show off and have things under controll, different from the people who like to take charge and control things

Actually I wanted to know how precise you ate about your feelings.

Tasminapatel

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
Go on, ask away, m8s...

What does an ISFP mean when he says he loves you and wants to marry you....He is always talking about himself and would rarely want to know something about me....Gets angry really easily when I dont give him time due to my large social circle(me being an ESFJ) and when I do give time neglects me and gives his friends time and then one fine day comes and meets me and my family thinking we would end up marrying in the near future...And when I say I'm not sure about it and act like he does, he says I keep on playing with his feelings [emoji58] How does this go with you?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We need a new ISFP. I need wisdom to learn from. Show me your unconventional hipster ways that no one understands but you. Because it's not Ne, it's Se. Sprinkled with Ni for individualized meaning.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We need a new ISFP. I need wisdom to learn from. Show me your unconventional hipster ways that no one understands but you. Because it's not Ne, it's Se. Sprinkled with Ni for individualized meaning.

Hipsters are annoying. :smile: /it's totally not my generation. It's just a fad from my pov, the new 'cool' look

Keeping just with personal look, which is my immediate initial association with hipsters, I just do my own thing which is basically wearing fun scarves and earrings, which I did before scarves became 'in', bah, though my scarves are either homemade or ones I find in small stores that no one else wears / i.e. not from h&m or hot topic or anywhere like that. From my pov I'm not at all trying to find stuff no one else wears, I just like finding a few items I think are quality, 'me', and that *I* find beautiful. For example many popular things I just don't care for, I wouldn't feel comfortable in them or think they were 'me', even if I might fit in with everyone else. The comments I usually get are 'stylish', 'I like your earrings', 'sophisticated'. I like simplistic accessorizing, not overdoing it. I guess my own personal style is important to me even though I think minus the earrings and scarves my clothing itself is not terribly interesting -at face value. It's about creating an entire look, all of it together creates the look, take one thing away and it becomes nothing, really.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hipsters are annoying. :smile: /it's totally not my generation. It's just a fad from my pov, the new 'cool' look

Keeping just with personal look, which is my immediate initial association with hipsters, I just do my own thing which is basically wearing fun scarves and earrings, which I did before scarves became 'in', bah, though my scarves are either homemade or ones I find in small stores that no one else wears / i.e. not from h&m or hot topic or anywhere like that. From my pov I'm not at all trying to find stuff no one else wears, I just like finding a few items I think are quality, 'me', and that *I* find beautiful. For example many popular things I just don't care for, I wouldn't feel comfortable in them or think they were 'me', even if I might fit in with everyone else. The comments I usually get are 'stylish', 'I like your earrings', 'sophisticated'. I like simplistic accessorizing, not overdoing it. I guess my own personal style is important to me even though I think minus the earrings and scarves my clothing itself is not terribly interesting -at face value. It's about creating an entire look, all of it together creates the look, take one thing away and it becomes nothing, really.

<3o<3 (now imagine those hearts upright) ISFP's are so amazing that way. Picking what suits their style. I wouldn't know why it would be so amazing for me to hear those words come out of your mouth. I love the fact that you guys make art of yourselves and necessarily not in a tattooish way but with clothes and piercings. I believe what you own is what you represent. People judge others by first impressions and I see a lot more mystery in an ISFP more than any other type to be honest.
My only friend in middle school was an ISFP. I always felt like I couldn't figure him out. But his life was pretty simple.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<3o<3 (now imagine those hearts upright) ISFP's are so amazing that way. Picking what suits their style. I wouldn't know why it would be so amazing for me to hear those words come out of your mouth. I love the fact that you guys make art of yourselves and necessarily not in a tattooish way but with clothes and piercings. I believe what you own is what you represent. People judge others by first impressions and I see a lot more mystery in an ISFP more than any other type to be honest.
My only friend in middle school was an ISFP. I always felt like I couldn't figure him out. But his life was pretty simple.

:):blush: I do feel my life is pretty simple, or I like it that way, but I think the mystery comes into play with how isfp's reach that point, and why, and their values, which will vary from one to the next. And sometimes striving for simplicity isn't necessarily easy in todays' world, so there's that as well. But yeah at face value I am probably fairly 'simple' in what I truly find important in life. If things or situations become too complex I may deem it just not worth it or something's not quite right, in the long run.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:):blush: I do feel my life is pretty simple, or I like it that way, but I think the mystery comes into play with how isfp's reach that point, and why, and their values, which will vary from one to the next. And sometimes striving for simplicity isn't necessarily easy in todays' world, so there's that as well. But yeah at face value I am probably fairly 'simple' in what I truly find important in life. If things or situations become too complex I may deem it just not worth it or something's not quite right, in the long run.

Simple is good. :) Well also your home is in the present and that is a whole another world. Another ISFP I met was very tolerant of me and my mistakes. The patience is incredible because you guys can hold it in so well haha. I often feel that INFP's get upset easier. Also the laid back attitude reflect a little bit of the INFp Socionics that life is not meant to always to take always so seriously.:blush: *sigh*:content::yes::smooch:

P.S. I know your inner world is another realm. Haha. Complex in ways I cannot comprehend.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Simple is good. :) Well also your home is in the present and that is a whole another world. Another ISFP I met was very tolerant of me and my mistakes. The patience is incredible because you guys can hold it in so well haha. I often feel that INFP's get upset easier. Also the laid back attitude reflect a little bit of the INFp Socionics that life is not meant to always to take always so seriously.:blush: *sigh*:content::yes::smooch:

P.S. I know your inner world is another realm. Haha. Complex in ways I cannot comprehend.

I have two infj friends irl, and feel we get along well and understand each other well. I think both may perceive me the way you describe, as I'm definitely much slower paced and less involved than they, and they probably consider me mellow. But I feel I have to be honest and say, I'm actually not the most patient person, lol. Maybe in their eyes and with certain scenarios I am (like, say, certain personality or relationship struggles they are having), but when it comes to action type things, or if say I want to get out on a hike *right now* I can be impatient, lol. (Or I will impulsively cut my hair). I'm patient until ... I'm not. lol. I don't think I get easily upset though. Definitely not in everyday sort of situations; I can adjust relatively quickly. My getting upset will really only come into play if it's tied to a super intimate relationship and I am hurt.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have two infj friends irl, and feel we get along well and understand each other well. I think both may perceive me the way you describe, as I'm definitely much slower paced and less involved than they, and they probably consider me mellow. But I feel I have to be honest and say, I'm actually not the most patient person, lol. Maybe in their eyes and with certain scenarios I am (like, say, certain personality or relationship struggles they are having), but when it comes to action type things, or if say I want to get out on a hike *right now* I can be impatient, lol. (Or I will impulsively cut my hair). I'm patient until ... I'm not. lol. I don't think I get easily upset though. Definitely not in everyday sort of situations; I can adjust relatively quickly. My getting upset will really only come into play if it's tied to a super intimate relationship and I am hurt.

Hah the first part is true but that doesn't mean you guys are dumb, sorry for the people who see you that way though. Lol I do see inside sometimes you look like you're gonna explode but it doesn't really show haha. Yeah I had to be with a companion for my mission and one of them was ISFP, great guy just some points he's like "I don't approve what you're doing" but I'd try to intuitively work things out and it never went to the point where he got actually full on angry. I could see that. You guys don't really get upset and sometimes I'm like how could you not? I mean probably inside, but that calm appearance makes you get through the day better.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah the first part is true but that doesn't mean you guys are dumb, sorry for the people who see you that way though. Lol I do see inside sometimes you look like you're gonna explode but it doesn't really show haha. Yeah I had to be with a companion for my mission and one of them was ISFP, great guy just some points he's like "I don't approve what you're doing" but I'd try to intuitively work things out and it never went to the point where he got actually full on angry. I could see that. You guys don't really get upset and sometimes I'm like how could you not? I mean probably inside, but that calm appearance makes you get through the day better.
Ha, any of my friends wouldn't ever consider me 'dumb', and that was the last thing ppl in school thought when I was young, but now that I think about it, it's probable that acquaintances or people I casually interact with might have that opinion, just because of the fact that I don't say a whole lot or I just give fairly high level simplistic answers or summaries. I'm definitely not your verbose highly articulate explainer or outliner or describer. I tend not to dwell on the subject, though, as I'm of the opinion if someone makes a super quick judgment on that, they're kind of unintelligent in many ways by doing so. I think I run into this the most (and it occurs with all workers in the food /service industry) at the coffee shop I work at, for example with smug and extremely arrogant doctors/surgeons or that type -- it is what it is. It's no loss to me, frankly, they can date and be friends with people who put up with their schtick. :shrug:

Yeah, the calm demeanor doesn't mean things aren't lively inside. :wink: But again, it's not often that I truly get upset.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha, any of my friends wouldn't ever consider me 'dumb', and that was the last thing ppl in school thought when I was young, but now that I think about it, it's probable that acquaintances or people I casually interact with might have that opinion, just because of the fact that I don't say a whole lot or I just give fairly high level simplistic answers or summaries. I'm definitely not your verbose highly articulate explainer or outliner or describer. I tend not to dwell on the subject, though, as I'm of the opinion if someone makes a super quick judgment on that, they're kind of unintelligent in many ways by doing so. I think I run into this the most (and it occurs with all workers in the food /service industry) at the coffee shop I work at, for example with smug and extremely arrogant doctors/surgeons or that type -- it is what it is. It's no loss to me, frankly, they can date and be friends with people who put up with their schtick. :shrug:

Yeah, the calm demeanor doesn't mean things aren't lively inside. :wink: But again, it's not often that I truly get upset.

Haha true that. Even if their professions are difficult, they are still only in business because people need help. But people come to you because they want your services. Me either, unless I know the subject too well in and out.

That's good. :)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ISFPs hate losing friendships?