• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Ask an ISFP anything

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
How do you distinguish yourself from an INFP? I'm partially asking this for myself; it's hard for me to spot the differences between the two.

TopCatLSD

How do you distinguish yourself from an INFP? I'm partially asking this for myself; it's hard for me to spot the differences between the two.

I'll answer with a real life story.

So this was back when I was in High School taking art class (which wasn't that long ago). All the desks were moved together to form islands of three different desks. When I first got to the class I sat at the head of the table, with two hommies on my left, and two white kids on my right. Everything started out great, we where laughing, joking, and having a good time for the rest of the week. Next week, it turns out that the two hommies on my left switched classes and the girl on my right was at home with the flu, so it was just me and this INFP dude. He told me about his boyfriend, his poetry, and all the artsy bullshit he would read; We didn't talk much, mostly because he was uncomfortably awkward. Soon enough a group of these punk-ass freshman invade all the empty seats, and coincidentally their leader was an ESTP. They were foreign so I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I could tell they were talking shit. After that the INFP wouldn't say a word. Later I asked him a question which he quietly responded, the punk ass ESTP looked at him and started laughing; I immediately turned to him and said: "Is there something funny asshole?", him and his friends backed off after that. As soon as the INFP's friend came back, he immediately left the table.

After that the ESTP and his crew became some of the coolest people I had ever met, we spent the rest of the semester just talking shit to people, and pissing off the whole class.

So-ya, that's how you tell the difference. ;)

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you play the guitar with anything other than your hands?

DreamBeliever

What do you think the main differences are between ISFPs & ISTPs? What do you think of the name "the artist" for ISFPs?

Noon

An SO-blindspot is a blind spot for the enneagram social instinct. sp/sx and sx/sp. Not an isfp but don't feel like putting it in the random thought thread and I'm answering because.

TopCatLSD

An SO-blindspot is a blind spot for the enneagram social instinct. sp/sx and sx/sp. Not an isfp but don't feel like putting it in the random thought thread and I'm answering because.

Your post took a dump.

TopCatLSD

What do you think the main differences are between ISFPs & ISTPs?

ISTP's are like stray dogs; rough and mean, used to surviving on their own. But be careful, if you feed them they'll follow you home and call you master.

ISFP's are like the stereotypical conservative older brother, that just returned from Vietnam and spends his days drinking away his PTSD or riding his motorcycle.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
My question wasn't answer well. Why do ISFP's have trouble with first and second function Te users?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
How do you get along with ENFP's. It appears you guys are similar being Fi and Te users but I'm sure you're not.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My question wasn't answer well. Why do ISFP's have trouble with first and second function Te users?

Well I'm in my late 30's, and at this point I don't think I take issue with Te users. I find Te 'refreshing' in a sense, practical, efficient. They still come across as dictator-like sometimes, but I'm not offended by it or anything, I get it.

Not sure I had 'trouble' with the users when younger, don't really recall and I was so quiet and conflict averse it's not like I got into conflicts with them. I imagine I found them somewhat harsh, bossy, domineering.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you get along with ENFP's. It appears you guys are similar being Fi and Te users but I'm sure you're not.

I like them, and one of my best friends as a child was an xNFP. I think I'm quite different from them though, I feel much more grounded and of course don't have near the extroverted orientation. Also my lack of Ne is extremely noticeable when contrasting with them.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Why are so so sensible and humble?
And with some other people so sarcastic and evil?