• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] the 'S'tupid stereotype

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
To show that the sensors would make the sky blue, the trees green, ect, and show that the intuitives would make the sky purple. That was pretty much it. I could see where sure that would be an example, but I do not think it was the rule. It was pretty much an I'm an intuitive, and I have to make sure that the sensors are aware of how great I am sort of presentation.

There are different ways to be creative, I know someone who I guess is an ISFP who can draw amazingly well. She has a a natural perception that I could never have because she is able to capture all of those details and string them together in her art. My art always looked like it was drawn by a fingerless mentally disturbed clown.

I have no reason to think that the sky is purple. However, I have thought the color is an illusion only showing according to their wavelengths. You can actually see how genders perceive color differently due to wavelengths being perceive differently to the human eye. The red brick may not actually be a red color.

Last edited:

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Actual proof?
Not just hear-say passed down by generations of internet forumites.

I don't remember. However, there's no need to be sarcastic when one is just asking for the facts.

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
I have no reason to think that the sky is purple. However, I have thought the color is an illusion only showing according to their wavelengths. You can actually see how genders perceive color differently due to wavelengths being differently.

So anyone who agrees with you is an N-type?
I agree with you & I'm a S-type... Now?

Anything relevant to the topic at hand?

I don't remember. However, there's no need to be sarcastic when one is just asking for the facts.

Jinkies!

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just because I beat your ass in Cards Against a Humanity doesn't mean I'm not ambitious, not smart, and not mature. I am sorry, but immaturity goes to a much deeper level than laughing at dick jokes.

Heh, not creative. Are we not called the Artisans?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think most scientist types are Intuitive types which involves thinking in the abstract world. I saw a study somewhere showing most most types are mostly NT's followed by NF's. I don't think S types can do what N users can. I read reports that people even had stressed when constantly asked to use their inferior function. However, I wouldn't have said that N types can think of possibilities what S types can do in a million of years. When he said, "One million years," it sounds like one-upmanship. I would had said N types usually have mastery of the abstract world while lacking the detailed world. While S have mastery of the detailed world but lack abstract world.

LMAO. Ns go off and play in their head, Ss go off and play in the real world.

What propogates this absurdity? The closed minded people who only put value in what is "considered" N.

Its funny that N types pin "intuitive" as if its some how tied to "being correct". I work with a couple N types and I can generally run circles around them when it comes to computer programming which is actually a mixture of being abstract and not. As an S type I am considered the brain and used for processing power. Do I use intuition? NO. I use S to see whats in front of me, where they are stuck in their head trying to mentally abstract it out. What takes them days to computate, it takes me seconds to see, analyze, and get to the same place they eventually get to. So fast forward after being with this group for 6 years, I have a tremendous understanding of how every technology, framework, etc. all tie together and can explain just about any part in more detail then they can because they are stuck in their head trying to come up with new and creative while I am actually digging in, analyzing it, and using whats in front of me.

I have managed to knock the N out of technical lead due to the vast majority of knowledge of every aspect as well as my speed and judgement of priorities that need to happen in the real world.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Real life example of me and an N. They go off on all this "theory" and "abstraction" as I can spout off all the places its used, how it can be twisted and manipulated in all these other areas, etc. But you know what, I have not actually "abstracted" it out mentally or put a name to it. A rose still exists whether you know its make up or not. It still operates as it does prior to abstracted it out. The N is our "architect" AKA engineer, and I have to go back and tweak everything so it fits in the real world nicely. The kicker is that he is so stuck in N that he puts 100 times more value in what he does then what I do, yet he falls flat on his face when someone who can actually put it to use is present. I cant tell you how much training and vacation he has missed trying to put his abstraction into play in the real world

Jaguar

What propogates this absurdity? The closed minded people who only put value in what is "considered" N.

Its funny that N types pin "intuitive" as if its some how tied to "being correct". I work with a couple N types and I can generally run circles around them when it comes to computer programming which is actually a mixture of being abstract and not. As an S type I am considered the brain and used for processing power. Do I use intuition? NO. I use S to see whats in front of me, where they are stuck in their head trying to mentally abstract it out. What takes them days to computate, it takes me seconds to see, analyze, and get to the same place they eventually get to. So fast forward after being with this group for 6 years, I have a tremendous understanding of how every technology, framework, etc. all tie together and can explain just about any part in more detail then they can because they are stuck in their head trying to come up with new and creative while I am actually digging in, analyzing it, and using whats in front of me.

I have managed to knock the N out of technical lead due to the vast majority of knowledge of every aspect as well as my speed and judgement of priorities that need to happen in the real world.

You could use intuition unconsciously. That emphatic "NO" makes me less likely to take your comments seriously.

What propagates this absurdity? The closed-minded people who only put value in what is "considered" S.
Putting value in only one or the other is equally absurd.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

That has nothing to do with my main point in which N's are usually scientist due to S not preferring intuitive function.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could use intuition unconsciously. That emphatic "NO" makes me less likely to take your comments seriously.

What propagates this absurdity? The closed-minded people who only put value in what is "considered" S.
Putting value in only one or the other is equally absurd.

ok, point taken. It was more to show a real life example that was pretty much the exact opposite of what I quoted.

Agree that both have value. It seems like N types tend to put quite a bit of emphasis on S being stupid. I do get the stereotype of "stupid" pinned on me. I say seem, because its all a perception thing and what seems to be isn't always the case.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That has nothing to do with my main point in which N's are usually scientist due to S not preferring intuitive function.

Correct, it has nothing to do with the first sentence, just all the other sentences after it. I tend to not just see the main point, but read and comment on whatever is written I agree or disagree with. I don't generally look at a main point when I read, I read to try to see the whole picture. Computer Programming is a Science Major that revolves heavily around abstraction, I have no problems with abstraction, I try not to take it much beyond functional though as it just starts to seem pointless. When people abstract to much to me it starts to just sound like a sales pitch and I fall asleep. I want into the guts and the details of everything, not some abstract 100000foot view of things. All I hear when people talk in to high of an abstraction is lets see how many buzz words we can create or use in as short as time as possible.

Jaguar

It seems like N types tend to put quite a bit of emphasis on S being stupid. I do get the stereotype of "stupid" pinned on me. I say seem, because its all a perception thing and what seems to be isn't always the case.

I've read your posts for years, hardly stupid. If I want stupidity, I could read certain INTJ/INTP posts. Stupidity is not type-specific. I have equal quantities of vanilla and chocolate ice cream in my freezer. Why would someone like me bash anyone who prefers vanilla or chocolate? I might have a preference for vanilla, but that doesn't mean I don't eat chocolate all the time. Preference for one does not negate use of the other. The same can be said of N and S.

Little_Sticks

well,,,,,,

The S people I've been around have always been concrete people, they don't want to think too much about the abstract or philosophize our existence. They don't want to look deeper than what they need to do to live their lives in a way they think is best. It's a different mentality, where experiencing everything around them becomes a lot more important than exploring the nature of what's around them. It can be frustrating dealing with them sometimes because it causes a lot of them to form fast conclusions (jump to conclusions) about things and people. Of course, this also means Ns tend to spend too much time playing passenger with the world around them, sometimes making things seem way more complicated than they are or perhaps forming abstract ideas that are tenuously relatable to reality, almost a schizophrenic way of thinking.

That said, I struggle a lot with feeling ... bored around S types. So I wouldn't call them stupid; but from my position of what intrigues me, I find most of them ...well vapid to say it bluntly.

Jaguar

The S people I've been around have always been concrete people, they don't want to think too much about the abstract or philosophize our existence. They don't want to look deeper than what they need to do to live their lives in a way they think is best.

Much of what you just described as an S problem can be found in the responses to the OP in this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...uality/35295-war-beautiful.html?highlight=War

Posted by so-called iNtuitives. Oh, the irony.

Little_Sticks

It's funny you do mention that now. I remember that thread, making it and wanting to discuss the beauty of rebirth in destruction. Instead, no one (other than I think Halla, if I remember correctly) really had the patience to see past the fact that I saw any kind of beauty in destruction, that I made the connection between there sometimes being humanistic progress as a result of war. Perhaps I didn't articulate clearly enough or maybe I expected people to be open-minded enough to help expound upon the discussion.

But yes, it is very ironic, that you seem to lack enough patience to understand where people are coming from, yet think it's okay to criticize them anyway. And who are you exactly?

Jaguar

It's funny you do mention that now. I remember that thread, making it and wanting to discuss the beauty of rebirth in destruction. Instead, no one really had the patience to see past the fact that I saw any kind of beauty in destruction, that I made the connection between there sometimes being humanistic progress as a result of war. Perhaps I didn't articulate clearly enough or maybe I expected people to be open-minded enough to help expound upon the discussion.

But yes, it is very ironic, that you seem to lack enough patience to understand where people are coming from, yet think it's okay to criticize them for it. And who are you exactly?

You missed the point. Are you S?

Little_Sticks

I think you should ask me again. Seeing you compartmentalize MBTI in a manner you're always criticizing is a little entertaining.