• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] the 'S'tupid stereotype

YuenTaengu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Objective? All right, it may be harsh then.ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ Intuitives are on the average consifered smarter because they make up 25 percent of the population, and most politicians and famous scientists like einstein are all Ns! So now you can see why Ns are supposingly smarter, of course there are smart Ss too but fewer. As for connections, because Ns see the big picture they find discrepancies and connections easier, if u search on google intp memes, or nt memes, u will see them pictured as an explosive mind or complex mind.

Jaguar

Intuitives are on the average consifered smarter because they make up 25 percent of the population

Don't forget to include the small percentage of the population born with green eyes. On average, smarter than the brown-eyed population. (Especially when eating oatmeal in the morning.)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I mean...I just don't believe in "smarter" and "dumber" types. It breaks my heart to see all these negative stereotypes. My ESFJ mom is one of the most intelligent and inventive people I know. She graduated with honors as a math major. I love her to death, and ultimately I see her as a wonderful person, not a type.

Type theory is not an end. It's not a ceiling that you hit in terms of self-discovery. It's not, "I'm an INFP, that's it, that's all there is to me." The whole point of typology is the starting point. It's a trampoline that can bounce you into a world of even more trampolines. And more. And more. There's no limit to us as humans. The deeper we probe, the more we discover.

And though I strongly disagree with these smart/dumb stereotypes, I have to say--why does it really matter? Let's use type to better understand ourselves, better understand others, and have fun exploring the theory and acquiring awesome knowledge. Please, let's work to stop these hurtful assumptions/biases/generalizations. :(

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
I got so bored of the "stupid S" stereotype that I'd rather pretend to be le retard than try to explain to some people that not all sensors are stupid

When someone tells me that I seem too intelligent for a sensor, I feel like replying with a simple "fuck you".

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
whatever, I imagine you've seen this topic so much that it's just to the point where a simple 'fuck it' summarizes the absurdity of these
common misconceptions...

Why are they perpetuated?
What are the sources of this nonsense?

Why is any form of prejudice perpetuated? Usually because it makes the holder feel better about themselves by pounding someone else into the ground.

I think Myers of MBTI fame had an inadvertent hand in creating them. Her MBTI insists on describing everyone in the best possible light. Reading some of the descriptions, you'd wonder where all the bitches and bastards are supposed to fit into cosy little world. The people reading them know full well that the world contains a significant number of assholes, so they use their half formed understanding of a half baked theory to try and fill in the gaps... and you've seen the results for yourself.

JayJayBananas

Every single type is equally as intelligent and useful as all the others. This just depends on what their intelligence is categorized and measured by. For instance, an INTP may not have adequate social skills (which can be categorized as one form of intelligence), however, they may be an undoubtably genius when it comes to math ( which could also be another form of intelligence), while the ESFP may be a social butterfly but is terrible at math (and I'm just creating a scenario, I don't mean to stereotype either of these)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There's stereotypes for almost anything these days. It's the people who buy into them regardless of type that might be not using their brain quite as much as they could be.

Also...

Objective? All right, it may be harsh then.ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ Intuitives are on the average consifered smarter because they make up 25 percent of the population, and most politicians and famous scientists like einstein are all Ns! So now you can see why Ns are supposingly smarter, of course there are smart Ss too but fewer. As for connections, because Ns see the big picture they find discrepancies and connections easier, if u search on google intp memes, or nt memes, u will see them pictured as an explosive mind or complex mind.

You're funny. Here's a bell curve of IQ.

IQ Scores and the Bell Curve | Hand In Hand Education

Roughly ~16% of people fall under an 85 IQ. Your argument is funny, but null and void. Percentage =/= intelligence. Thanks for the lulz. :D

Attachments

• 10890755_783007955069334_1251500546_a.jpg
    10890755_783007955069334_1251500546_a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: