• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Annoying ISFP type Descriptions

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have a thread or two here on the awfulness of ISFP type descriptions, although I've never been quite sure if it was due to my own mistyping of the ISFP type. So I've taken the perspective of one who is seeking to know if - there is really such thing as ISFP types - or - if the ISFP type is actually two different types - or something along those lines.

So I feel I should agree with you. I would rather feel like my typings were correct and that the ISFP descriptions - and stereotypes - really are THAT terrible.

What would you consider good type descriptions? Do any of the types have a good type description? Thanks

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am always typed as an ISFP by these online tests but could never really believe it because of the descriptions. Some seemed to really fit me, but then there others, with chunks of the descriptions that did not describe me at all, yet seemed key to the type. To be honest I have always felt stuck between ISFP and ISFJ. The De Nardio and celebrity types function test both tell me I am an ISFJ as well as some forum members who helped me out. The descriptions can be frustrating. One description said most ISFPs are good looking and can easily be recognized from their unique personal style, like they are all good looking and they all choose personal style as a medium for expression. The descriptions I think cause a lot of problems, maybe not, I don't know. Apparently they do. Fuck em'

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am always typed as an ISFP by these online tests but could never really believe it because of the descriptions. Some seemed to really fit me, but then there others, with chunks of the descriptions that did not describe me at all, yet seemed key to the type. To be honest I have always felt stuck between ISFP and ISFJ. The De Nardio and celebrity types function test both tell me I am an ISFJ as well as some forum members who helped me out. The descriptions can be frustrating. One description said most ISFPs are good looking and can easily be recognized from their unique personal style, like they are all good looking and they all choose personal style as a medium for expression. The descriptions I think cause a lot of problems, maybe not, I don't know. Apparently they do. Fuck em'

Maybe you can solve it here: Myers-Briggs: Are You Judging Or Perceiving? | BrainFall

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

We're not supposed to use hard swear words in places like avatars on this forum, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you consider good type descriptions? Do any of the types have a good type description? Thanks

Avoiding Keirsey would be a start.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
We're not supposed to use hard swear words in places like avatars on this forum, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Avoiding Keirsey would be a start.

Thanks for the tips! I will switch over to something a bit more tactful.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
"Sensitive, soulful artists with a kind word for everyone"

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
We are the serious, deep, hands-on, soulful artists. ISFp socionics seem like friendly, slacker artists that paint happy little trees. Tert ni looks deeper than that.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Bringing inner beauty outward, showing inner beauty and beauty of the object out, kind of enhance it through art but to show it as things really are.....jesus i suck at decribing things

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
And then there's those of us with few aesthetic sensibilities - I like beautiful things as much as anyone else, but I can't draw or decorate for shit. Apparently I'm a pretty good writer, though...not sure how good I am at physical descriptions. Maybe I should try to write some and see what people think.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry for reviving an dead thread...

Not only that ISFP description is a little bit retarded and portrays us as shallow to the point of cringe, ISFP's are also stereotypicaly portayed as dumb and non-intelligent. In other types like INTP, ENTP or INTJ, you usualy get few stereotypes (Around 2) bad stereotypes, but usualy they get tons of good stereotypes, but that is the opposite for ISFP's, ISFP persoanlity usualy gets loaded with tons of bad; lazy, dumb, unintelligent, low IQ, bad at leader, shallow... It's very rare that ISFP's get good stereotypes...

I personaly discovered MBTI, because I want to know which characters from random shows or movies share the same type as me.

But the more deep I go into the MBTI fanbase, the more I realise how cancerous it is. Cancerious fanbases like Undertale is usualy filled with cringe fangirls and their bad arts, while in MBTI you see how there are certain amount of MBTI types that are "God tier", some are "Normal tiers" while there is that one type which is "Shit tier", based on the number of good and bad stereotypes it receives, I even started a thread about how certain types (Mainly ISFP) get steretypicaly preceived as bad, and guess the what happened... Anyway that comes to my final conclusion so far:

MBTI was a mistake.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
My friend and my brother are ISFP and they are amazing both as person and intellect. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't minded the ISFP descriptions, and I realize I may not be absolutely typical, but I do find the descriptions fit me as well as any. I am a little hippie, I love nature, care about environmentalism, focus my entire life on expressing through the arts, I don't read as many books as I should, I hit on my boyfriend a lot, I'm pretty silly, I'm vegetarian, for growing up as trailor trash - I have a natural fashion sense, I like to be my own person and not follow the crowd, I love what is new and original, and I value kindness, I love spending time with animals and sitting in the forest, etc. The descriptions don't offend me at all - at least the ones I've read. I guess I don't like the "dumb" part of the stereotype, but it strikes me really funny, actually. I don't have any insecurity about my intelligence, so I enjoy the idea that people will expect me to be dumb and then I can shock them at the right time.

Online people tend to think I'm an iNuitive, but I think it's because the Fi-Ni loop isn't really understood. I suspect that is one of the most abstract combinations that distills reality, feelings, morality, a sense of the subjective down to its core points. I have been told I do that in my writing sometimes.