• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] istp and isfp differences?

SwimmerGal97

I'm trying to determine my type and have narrowed it down to isxp. I don't know if I'm a thinker or a feeler, to the world I put on more of a show if being a thinker (I've been told I'm cold) but I'm very empathetic and like to have very close connection to people (i just have trouble opening up). As far as likes and dislikes go, I don't currently have a passion (I competed in swimming and dancing from the age of six but recently had to quit due to injury and as of yet haven't found a new thing I really love). With regards to education I'm clever (straights A's/A*'s) but hate school, I don't like to feel constricted and I hate being told what/ how to do things. I take maths and sciences (but only because I can accept the structure there and its not something I'd do alone in my own way, I attempted humanities but spent the year being passive aggressive towards my teachers, being completely distant in my lessons and not participating in home works or mock exams (although I got an A in the real thing), so I decided three days before the school year began to redo the year with different subjects (BIG mistake) and am taking art along with science (as far as my natural talent goes, writing and art are what I'm good at and really enjoy art even though I initially clashed with my art teacher over me wanting to work to my own schedule, not hers (as long as I meet the exam boards deadline, what does it matter?!) And sometimes struggle due to being a huge procrastinator). I spend most of my time outside school escaping through TV and film (I'm sooo bored at school-theres too much wanting to sit around and discuss ideas instead of actually doing (ironic coming from an award worthy procrastinator) and like films such as the james bond franchise, marvel superhero films, anything with rebellion as a theme (hunger games!,) and completely randomly one of my favourite films ever: Mamma mia! I guess my overall aim in lifecis to find a passion, pursue it and just be happy (no huge ambition to be rich and famous here). This has turned into a really long ramble and I meant to keep it short, apologies.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most female xstp's I know are girly-girl when it comes to dress, but enjoy physical activities that a guy usually enjoys. Just one of the things that tend to stand out about xstp girls I know.

wolfy

awsm
You kind of seem more isfp here. I really don't know... There isn't that much of a difference, choose the one you prefer.

ISFP vs. ISTP | Prelude Character Analysis

Stereotypes... everyone is somewhat of a mix. But compare and see which one you are comfortable with.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP is less emotionally touchy feely and more physically touchy feely :devil:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFPs seem to have a slightly better sense of fashion. Quirkier, perhaps more colorful. ISTPs can and will dress well--we're masters of making many outfit combinations from a limited wardrobe--but I think our dress appearance might verge a little more on the conservative side. My sister has often described my dress style as conservative skater or conservative punk. Not conservative in the political sense, but meaning I'll wear some jeans, chain wallet, knit cap and sneakers with a v neck sweater and dress shirt (what I wore to work today), for instance. I've more or less dressed that way since high school and it allowed me to blend amongst both preppier and nerdier, quirkier social circles.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
The biggest difference I notice is that ISFPs, in my eyes, tend to seem more concerned with how something "feels" to them, how does it affect their personal lives and notion of self? While the ISTP seems more concerned about "does it make sense?"

ISFPs seem very conscious about how their physical and emotional environment effect them personally. They tend to get bored if it doesn't connect to them personally. They love to have fun and feel affection.
That's why this one ISFP I know has so many dogs and boyfriends:)

Whereas, ISTPs seem more conscious of making sense of their physical world and gaining understanding from it. They are observant and analytical, and love to come up with and try out new ideas. That's why my ISTP training partner lies on a bed of glass and let's me walk on him, hit him with a sledge hammer and so forth. We're just seeing which theories will work.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
ISTP is less emotionally touchy feely and more physically touchy feely :devil:

That is the easy and simple belief, that ISTP are sexually-charged go-hard fuck-machines.
But I find that I am much more desiring of self-expression and emotional outlet,
As an ISTP, my actions are driven on a daily basis by my deep emotions.
although I try constantly to temper myself with logic and caution... to no avail...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is the easy and simple belief, that ISTP are sexually-charged go-hard fuck-machines.
But I find that I am much more desiring of self-expression and emotional outlet,
As an ISTP, my actions are driven on a daily basis by my deep emotions.
although I try constantly to temper myself with logic and caution... to no avail...

I am driven by logic and what I see as caution, others dont see me as cautious though. sexually-charged go-hard fuck-machines fits me, but thats not only who I am, I eat and sleep too :D

I was told this is alot like me

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The biggest difference I notice is that ISFPs, in my eyes, tend to seem more concerned with how something "feels" to them, how does it affect their personal lives and notion of self? While the ISTP seems more concerned about "does it make sense?"

ISFPs seem very conscious about how their physical and emotional environment effect them personally. They tend to get bored if it doesn't connect to them personally. They love to have fun and feel affection.
That's why this one ISFP I know has so many dogs and boyfriends:)

Whereas, ISTPs seem more conscious of making sense of their physical world and gaining understanding from it. They are observant and analytical, and love to come up with and try out new ideas. That's why my ISTP training partner lies on a bed of glass and let's me walk on him, hit him with a sledge hammer and so forth. We're just seeing which theories will work.

I have more cautious, but yeah, I can see myself doing those things. We love to push things physically, all aspects

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Getting hit with a sledgehammer? Walking over him laying on glass? Haha. I'm fine, thanks.

Not my bag of risks but every ISTP seems to have some that don't feel like risks to them. I think that is key. The risky behavior attributed to me doesn't feel risky. And so forth, I'm sure.