• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP conversations

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
You forget the usual clap in the back that can throw you two meters away. Yeah, that thing that they like calling 'greeting'.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I think you forgot the traditional "I am surrounded by incompetents."

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have found myself resonnating with ESTP descriptions quite a bit, so I would really like to hear from this type. I think that ESTPs are one of the types that may confuse themselves as introverts on a common basis since there is so much of Myers-Briggs' theory that coincides with extraverts needing to be around people.

Unique

I agree "?". ESTPs don't have to be with people all the time in order to be Extroverts. You can be extroverted at any time in your life even on the internet!

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
ESTP's love to tell stories and share their experiences. Also enjoy sharing stories about other people, with their own exaggerations added in.

I find that when I talk with my ESTP cousin he always tends to say: "Well hey listen to this, so last week I was.............." and proceeds with a funny story

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Tony Soprano is an ESTP 8w9.

Shaq another ESTP 8w9.

Most of them are 7w8 though.

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
ESTP "conversation": "FUCK FUCK THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GOD DAMN IT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE OFF RIGHT NOW. SHIT. FUCKIN' PIECES OF SHIT. FUCKING ASSHOLES! *throws something on the ground* GRAAAAAAAAA! Hey, I'm not mad at you, don't worry."
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

I reckon the INFP who works for me would relate to this one... ...

I'm not quite that bad, but this would be me when stressed or in a bad mood...

With me it depends on the situation as to whether I can start conversations or not. I'm naturally quite shy, so if i'm around people I don't know very well or aren't comfortable with I find it much more difficult to open a conversation.

If I'm comfortable in the situation or if I know what I'm talking about I am perfectly happy to start a conversation.

MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTP "conversation": "FUCK FUCK THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GOD DAMN IT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE OFF RIGHT NOW. SHIT. FUCKIN' PIECES OF SHIT. FUCKING ASSHOLES! *throws something on the ground* GRAAAAAAAAA! Hey, I'm not mad at you, don't worry."
They seem to always fall into the thinking-i-give-a-shit-about-them-trap, which annoys me. Like in your example, all of their coworkers may be enduring the same exact situation as them, but since everyone else realizes ranting about it like they're so fucking special and uniquely traumatized would only make things worse, they know how to keep their mouths shut.

In normal conversations, the everyone-gives-a-shit-about-how-fucking-special-my-mundane-life-is-syndrome amounts to talking enthusiastically and filling every otherwise peacefully silent pause with a vast array of fascinating and universally relatable topics ranging from "I like appletinis" to "my cat has a bladder infection".

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
They seem to always fall into the thinking-i-give-a-shit-about-them-trap, which annoys me. Like in your example, all of their coworkers may be enduring the same exact situation as them, but since everyone else realizes ranting about it like they're so fucking special and uniquely traumatized would only make things worse, they know how to keep their traps shut.

In normal conversations, the everyone-gives-a-shit-about-how-fucking-special-my-mundane-life-is-syndrome amounts to talking enthusiastically and filling every otherwise peacefully silent pause with a vast array of fascinating and universally relatable topics ranging from "I like appletinis" to "my cat has a bladder infection".

For me it tends to be more of a release mechanism rather than wanting people to give a shit. (it's a bonus if they do, but it's not what I'm looking for). I find other types also vent like this on occaisions and the explosions by "I"s can be much worse than any of mine...

In normal situations as I said earlier, it depends on how comfortable I am in a situation. Although being very shy I guess I don't really suffer from the "I like appletinis" syndrome your describing.... I quite like a bit of quiet time, but if I'm around people, I have to be comfortable with them for me to be able to sit quietly - other wise I need some noise, whether that be music or the tele or random conversation, as long as it's not silence....

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
They seem to always fall into the thinking-i-give-a-shit-about-them-trap, which annoys me. Like in your example, all of their coworkers may be enduring the same exact situation as them, but since everyone else realizes ranting about it like they're so fucking special and uniquely traumatized would only make things worse, they know how to keep their mouths shut.

You are not right.
Despite ranting, they will probably be the only ones actually finding a solution.
You really have an issue with ESTP.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm and ESTP and I feel like my conversations aren't as good as they should be. I'm more of the guy who gets straight to the point and doesn't give too many details (unless they ask). But my biggest thing is that I sometimes have a problem with starting topics. I'm so in-tuned to my environment that I find myself forgetting there's a person around to talk to. When someone brings up a topic, I can talk about it and run along with it. It's just starting them. Any others have this problem and what do you do?

Being a good conversationalist in general is one of the hardest social skills to learn. The first question you have to ask yourself is if you value quantity or quality more.

Also, this thread brought all of the ESTP's out of hiding. :)