• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Drug abuse?

Witch

Hi!
In my intro post I've been typed as xSTP. I wanted to ask.. Is drug abuse a common thing for SPs? It started with pot at 14 years old and then for 2 years I tried every drug that ended up in my hands. I had chemical psychosis for a while but now I'm mostly clean, tho I can't resist trying a substance I've never done (and cigarettes. Fuck). My parents (both SJ) just don't get why. The answer is pretty clear in my head : I'm bored. Bored most of the time.

So SPs, are you prone to drug abuse out of boredom? Or am I just stupid? :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
any type can do drugs out of boredom. though i believe it is said SPs are more likely to. that being said, I know more NFs who become addicted to drugs

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an addictive personality.

I don't think there's any correlation between type and tendency to abuse drugs though

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have an addictive personality.

I don't think there's any correlation between type and tendency to abuse drugs though

nope, but i think there is with who becomes addicted. of course correlation =/= causation. it's just to me seems like a lot of borderlines tend to be junkies

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, type might show you WHY someone got into drugs, though. But not that any type is more likely to do it. SPs probably have the reputation because a lot of us act like we're on drugs even if we're not. :newwink:

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome! :hi:

I'm not sure drug abuse has anything to do with type - it's more with personal circumstances and background. It probably doesn't even have to do with whether you're stupid or not. Any severe stress, mixing with the wrong crowd, or behavioral problems now or as a kid?

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hello,
I have used many drugs very heavily because i could, and i enjoyed it.
I didn't stop until i had a stroke. I am 28.
It is hard for an ISTP to disregard or disbelieve in their own experience.