• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Favorite ISTP types?

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For my fellow ISTPs: What are your favorite types to deal with? I am interested to see what your few favorite types are, so write a list ranking from your favorite down. Do you prefer different types for each gender? If so, can i get a separate list?

If i get a good response i might even post for everyone, but this is just a test.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This will take a little thought. I'll get back to you.

I will say for the time being that my best friends have been many types. Many were INTXs as well as ESTP and INFX.

My wife is an ISFP. We're very similar yet also very different. Fi doms can be frustrating to deal with, but in some ways they are very admirable because when they are committed and invested in a cause, they rarely back down.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favourite types is hard to say. I seem to attract ISTJs and INF* as friends but it's more like they choose me.
I always enjoy hanging out with any other SPs for a blast. Or an enfp is always fun in small doses.
Favourite types vary depending what I'm interacting with them for but I guess:
ESTP
ISTP
ESFP
ENFP
In order of who I like hanging out with most.
Obviously if I want shit done I go to the SJ friends. The SJs and the NFs seem to want to make the effort to be friends with me . As if I need saving or something .

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking about this earlier. One of my best friends is most likely an INFJ. We're a lot different and yet very similar in many ways. I normally view talking as a luxury, meaning I don't do it much, but we could talk for hours about science, philosophy, evolution, conspiracy theories, etc. I don't know if it's an opposites thing, since they basically have the same functions as ISTPs but almost in reverse order. We often come to the same conclusions and realizations, but what is interesting is how radically we differ in how we come to conclusions. Ni is a weird, weird function, but a neat one.