• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] one eStP to do what exactly ?!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You see, you have one guy who tells you, something is going to be wrong. That guy is sometimes right. And then you have one guy that tells you something will be going wrong if you keep listen to the first guy. And most of the time, nothing happens cause you become afraid of the challenge.

I will explain myself more detailed. My best friend is eStP and I like him very much. Not in the sexual way more in the "we are alot times past the sex way" xDD.

I have a hunch sometimes about things, he does not care. I don't blame him for that, cause when I am right and I can tell him "see, I knew it" xD.

But when it comes to personal, or more personal, to love matters. He gives me advices that make perfect sense to me. Like "do not go with that girl she has vagina herpes". And most of the time he is right, but nearly everytime I feel different about it than he projected.

If you think at this point, he should go to that whiny NT bastards, no no that's not why I am here. Gosh, now I have forgotten why I am here...

I guess the killin point would be, wouldnt you say that it is best to deal with a situation to ones best abilities and though listening to other opinions, still to do what oneself thinks is right ?! I often get confused, if my eStP friend thinks: "entropie is so completly in need of confronting me" or "gosh that way he did it I would have never thought about" ..

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm confused by your point. You're saying even with advice, you're going to do what you're going to do anyway? Well duh, welcome to the human race. Hence the key to giving advice... recognizing that in most cases, people are not going to do something that they haven't already somewhat realized/considered themselves already... they are often just looking for backup or help to choose between the options they already consider likely.

I still don't get your question though. You want validation for sleeping with the girl with herpes? ;)

In which case: :banana: Go entropie!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hahaha, noooo :D . I admit I was somewhat heavily drunk when I posted this; today I am not that far just yet :).

I was valuing my eStP friends opinion and compared it to my own. I was thinking at that certain point what it is all about the differences between N and S.

He and me, we pretty got the same habits, needs and perspectives. There ain't much to argue about. But when it comes to personal things, especially love matters, we so completly differ from each other.

For example, there is a new trend in germany, thanks too you $§%§$% :)heart:) americans. :) It is called hooters. Well I like nude bars and I like to spent time there. I like to in fact spent a lot of time there :).

But well I have been there some saturday evening with my best friend and after the show he just knew one of the waitress, which was a friend of a friend :)D) and she had a friend that was a waitress, too.

Things were working.

The evening was so great, we both went around a lot of bars with that two hot chicks and there was no time, alongthe whole evening, when there was any doubt my friend and I, are going to be laid that night.

Well he got, I couldnt.

I thought this girl to be incredibly boring and I felt that I am in front of a little girl that has to learn alot about how the world works and how things are. I talked with her in private after the pairs separated and I got her to know. We ended in a 3 hour conversation until 5 am at a bar and then she left, disappointed. I did not know anything about that girl and she wasnt that forthcoming because she wasnt in the mood of talking, more in the mood of fu******. She maybe was that more experienced in life matters than I am, but I just felt that it is not right.

Gosh, I hate myself for that, still remember her boobs, I'll never see again in my life xD

So why is that ?

Why makes a N or a S that great difference at all ...

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think I have an idea what you're getting at. Your friend's dominant Se characteristic causes him to think entirely in the here and now. He sees the hot waitress:smile:, and just wants to f*** her then. He doesn't consider what will happen the next morning, or anytime in the future. You think about the next morning before it arrives, and this affects your decision of whether to get laid or not.

Also, your friend's Se also makes him look at the bits and pieces, but he isn't aware of the girl as a whole. Perhaps he notices she is boring as sin, but he can easily look past this to her base femininity, which he wants to screw. You have a more difficult time with this. Because you see the whole big picture, you take into account all of her qualities. Thus, even though you obviously would like to sleep with her, because she is smoking hot, a small, subconscious bit of your brain doesn't want to, so it's much more difficult.

I personally, as an S, have woken up in the wrong bed in the morning. I learned that just because a girl has a pretty face doesn't mean she has a nice personality to match. While S types may get laid more, because they don't care who they do, N types only get with the people they really like. Both have strengths and weaknesses. I'm confusing myself. Perhaps somebody else will have to break it down even more.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, thanks you described it perfectly. When you see that difference between N and S and you want to look at S from a N perspective, then you ultimately must face the consequence that there is no meaning behind actions. I do not want to discredit the S function, I wanted for some time to learn it.

I asked myself like a thousand times, what makes my friend tick in such situations and the simple answer to that could be that there is nothing that makes him tick. But I can not accept that. Every working system is composed of little things that makes it tick and especially when it comes to a human being, such things are utterly complex.

There is the good example of the robo doc: the robo doc has 2 patients in the exact same condition and they are both going to die in the next minutes. To understand this completly you have to imagine that they are in the exact same condition. So how decides the roboter doc, who lives and who dies ? His program would run in a loop until it crashes, cause there is no answer to that question.

That is my view on S types. I run in loops, I cant accept the simple fact that they could be possibly only driven by their personal needs. That would ultimatively mean that S types would, i.e. sleep with any girl, when she makes advances. That is possibly true for some but for others there is selection. And given the decision isnt base on the looks, there is something else that makes em tick.

The ultimate breakdown of Se and Si leads to the fact that the individuum as a whole is composed of 4 functions and cant be that easily reduced to one.

For me the mysterium is still alive. I can not understand what S means. And this goes vice versa. As well I cant understand what N means. Both of them only become clear, when you look at the individuum as a whole.

alicia91

I think the questions you ask are interesting, but I don't think you can use MBTI to figure out what makes people tick to the extent that you are trying to do. There are just too many variables some inate some learned traits, etc.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What would happen to Entropie if he were no longer allowed to touch or see boobies? :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What would happen to Entropie if he were no longer allowed to touch or see boobies? :D

:ohmy: Don't ask such horrifying questions! Begone with your N hypotheticals! We don't tolerate them here in our zoo! :2ar15:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:ohmy: Don't ask such horrifying questions! Begone with your N hypotheticals! We don't tolerate them here in our zoo! :2ar15:

I knew it would send a horror through you. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NEIN!! You may not!

Ok, ok, you can. :D