• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] How do other Artisans feel about ENTP's?

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi, I am an ISTP, and I have noticed that ENTP's very often annoy me. Why do you think that is? How do you other artisans feel about them? I want to hear from all types but i am specifically interested in ESTP's responses, since you guys are closest to ENTP's.

L

LadyLazarus

I've only met one IRL, I kind of like him because he indulges my crazy and we seem to share a sense of humor. I seem to be very tangent prone for someone who doesn't have Ne in their functional stack, however my rambling is nothing compared to his, at all. However, he can be pretty insensitive, unrealistic, and indecisive, which does in fact annoy me.

So, tl;dr: "Meh."

A

A window to the soul

You are deliciously honest. Let me also be frank, a very immature ENTP might see great instability in the easily annoyed and further annoy for amusement.

They often push my buttons ... all the wrong ones ... and we end up pissing each other off. Several ENTPs I know strike me as insensitive and childish and they probably think I have a giant stick up my ass and react with total outrage when I express strong negative opinions ... like I'm pissing all over some god given right they have to be jerks.

Could be an individual thing rather than a type thing ... but there's still some kind of pattern here, I think.

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only met one IRL, I kind of like him because he indulges my crazy and we seem to share a sense of humor. I seem to be very tangent prone for someone who doesn't have Ne in their functional stack, however my rambling is nothing compared to his, at all. However, he can be pretty insensitive, unrealistic, and indecisive, which does in fact annoy me.

So, tl;dr: "Meh."

Interesting, the insensitive is what jumped out at me the most. Couple that with how most of them are rather on the low end of the intelligence range and you really get a bad combination. Not that i am saying your friend is stupid, but the ones i have meet are.

You are deliciously honest. Let me also be frank, a very immature ENTP might see great instability in the easily annoyed and further annoy for amusement.

Deliciously honest? Well thank you. You may have a point, as it seems to be the only thing the ones i know enjoy, even more so than ESTP's. At least they are capable of showing decency. And the maturity level may be very relevant considering i am talking about my so-called "peers" in high school.

Last edited:

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They often push my buttons ... all the wrong ones ... and we end up pissing each other off. Several ENTPs I know strike me as insensitive and childish and they probably think I have a giant stick up my ass and react with total outrage when I express strong negative opinions ... like I'm pissing all over some god given right they have to be jerks.

Could be an individual thing rather than a type thing ... but there's still some kind of pattern here, I think.

I get it, completely. The few i know find it funny to act like complete morons, but posess the unwavering belief that they are the smartest bunch to ever walk the earth, because they got it all figured out.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, I am an ISTP, and I have noticed that ENTP's very often annoy me. Why do you think that is? How do you other artisans feel about them? I want to hear from all types but i am specifically interested in ESTP's responses, since you guys are closest to ENTP's.

I have a few ENTP friends and they all kick ass. They are all intelligent, active, motivated people - and a bit eccentric, but I am too so it's all good.
There is an insane synergy between them all and I, unique betwixt individuals, but with a common vibe in that I'm hell bent on making shit happen (however random/silly it might be at times) and they are hell bent on figuring out crazy/wild things to do. :evilgenius: :banana2:
Our humor is all sick and warped and twisted too, so it gets thick quick at times, but never a dull moment.
I'm sure to other people we're a bunch of fekking freaks - but we have fun, and are doing no harm, so most wind up enjoying the ride for a bit and then going about their merry way whenever the ExTPs are in cahoots. :newwink:

:solidarity:

-Halla74

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would have an ENTP for my own but I fear I cannot keep up with the few I've met. It makes me so sad. :( I'm too weird and quiet in comparison IRL.

S

Stansmith

It depends. I don't like the smug ones who think they're funnier than they actually are (some are just awful and corny), and go around making cowardly, cheeky comments about people's personal problems and just lack boundaries in general. All while hiding behind some affable, man-baby/hipster persona that some people apparently eat up. It isn't the norm, but it's a variation of the type that I've been unfortunate enough to run into..

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Happy-go-lucky, hilarious, and adventurous at their best. I've met some that were real geniuses. At their worst, I think they're intimidating (the way they carry themselves), offensive, and at times don't know the limits. Their sense of humor can go too far without them realizing it, so they get desperately upset when someone blows up at them for something the ENTP thought was funny.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know one ENTP, I think, and he talks an awful lot. Sometimes I try and state my opinion or thoughts and he talks right over me. He's an excellent problem solver and would've made a really good engineer.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my closest childhood friends was an ENTP. I have another very good friend who is as well.

I generally like their company provided they don't argue for the sake of arguing. They have to know when to drop the debate with me.

Overall, they talk a whole lot. Which is fine because I listen a lot.

I like them a lot for a couple hours at a time. After that, I need a break.