• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Why are words considered a luxury to the ISTP?

yeghor

Having stuff in common I guess like if someone sort of has a similar mindset to me. But in general I hate anything formal like that.

OK let me put it this way... Sometimes he makes me feel like a valued person and some others he makes me feel like an unimportant (non-existant) object in his world... So what's changing inside of him to result in this difference in his attitude towards me? Cause I am the same man in all occasions?

So how does the process in his mind may be changing? Is it totally chaotic\random?

badger055

Permabanned
OK let me put it this way... Sometimes he makes me feel like a valued person and some others he makes me feel like an unimportant (non-existant) object in his world... So what's changing inside of him to result in this difference in his attitude towards me? Cause I am the same man in all occasions?

So how does the process in his mind may be changing? Is it totally chaotic\random?

I don't know. Maybe he decides he doesn't like you randomly and then he remembers about those social manner things.

yeghor

I don't know. Maybe he decides he doesn't like you randomly and then he remembers about those social manner things.

Yeah I see that but that doesn't sound true to me... I think when he's in a good mood he finds energy to spare for such niceties yet fails to adhere to them when he's low in energy... He becomes withdrawn and irritable at those times I guess...

yeghor

Would an ISTP want to learn about Fe from a trusted friend? If yes, what would he prefer to learn about Fe-layer?

yeghor

Lol no. Fe can go to hell.

Interesting... I am irritated by bad Se but cherish and yearn for good Se, Se being my inferior (I want to integrate it into my system, thru my offsprings perhaps)...

I was hoping the pattern would hold with other types' inferiors as well... Do you find members of the opposite sex who are high in Fe attractive for instance...? That's how it plays out for me (for Se of course)...

badger055

Permabanned
Interesting... I am irritated by bad Se but cherish and yearn for good Se, Se being my inferior (I want to integrate it into my system, thru my offsprings perhaps)...

I was hoping the pattern would hold with other types' inferiors as well... Do you find members of the opposite sex who are high in Fe attractive for instance...? That's how it plays out for me (for Se of course)...

No. Someone already asked me that in this thread. That only goes one way. Fe is stupid and pointless why would I be attracted to it. When have you ever seen someone say they wish they had more feelings.

yeghor

No. Someone already asked me that in this thread. That only goes one way. Fe is stupid and pointless why would I be attracted to it. When have you ever seen someone say they wish they had more feelings.

Perhaps I may have asked it and then forgotten... Come on now..."stupid and pointless" ??? Use your Ti goddammit... Don't be a stupid fucking asshole... There has to be a reason that humankind (a majority of them in fact) have developed F while evolving for billions of years... Yeah it's distressing for the individual but it must also have a purpose for the individual and the entire group...

badger055

Permabanned
Perhaps I may have asked it and then forgotten... Come on now..."stupid and pointless" ??? Use your Ti goddammit... Don't be a stupid fucking asshole... There has to be a reason that humankind (a majority of them in fact) have developed F while evolving for billions of years... Yeah it's distressing for the individual but it must also have a purpose for the individual and the entire group...

Well some of us are in hufflepuff and some of us are in slytherin. I'm still not attracted to it. The only F type I find myself somewhat attracted to is ENFPs. I can respect them because they can be somewhat manipulating, smart, quick witted, perceptive, chaotic, interesting, fun and they have more of the dramatic type of emotions that I like more. Makes for a worthy opponent. I don't want someone I could just knock out in one punch I need some fire.

yeghor

Well some of us are in hufflepuff and some of us are in slytherin. I'm still not attracted to it. The only F type I find myself somewhat attracted to is ENFPs. I can respect them because they can be somewhat manipulating, smart, quick witted, perceptive, chaotic, interesting, fun and they have more of the dramatic type of emotions that I like more. Makes for a worthy opponent. I don't want someone I could just knock out in one punch I need some fire.

Perhaps Draco Malfoy would think otherwise...

So you need someone who can withstand you (and your moods) and push you back... And it's the ENFJs who have the strongest Se in their stack... So if you are looking for a woman to kick your ass when you've been bad, they are the ones...

You may notice your views on this starting to change around late 20s...

badger055

Permabanned
Perhaps Draco Malfoy would think otherwise...

So you need someone who can withstand you (and your moods) and push you back... And it's the ENFJs who have the strongest Se in their stack... So if you are looking for a woman to kick your ass when you've been bad, they are the ones...

Uh no I just need someone I can respect. I can't have some wuss near me. It's like if you were going into a war and you had to choose who to bring with you. Nobody is bringing the INFJs. I don't care for ENFJs either. They are about giving and people and enthusiasm it makes me sick. That's not what I'm about at all.

You may notice your views on this starting to change around late 20s...

That's what they all say. I'm 26 and still not boring yet. You might have to wait awhile since 7s are notorious for staying young minded forever.

yeghor

Uh no I just need someone I can respect. I can't have some wuss near me. It's like if you were going into a war and you had to choose who to bring with you. Nobody is bringing the INFJs. I don't care for ENFJs either. They are about giving and people and enthusiasm it makes me sick. That's not what I'm about at all.

That's what they all say. I'm 26 and still not boring yet. You might have to wait awhile since 7s are notorious for staying young minded forever.

Going thru life is a war in itself... So you want a xxTP partner...?

badger055

Permabanned
Going thru life is a war in itself... So you want a xxTP partner...?

To be honest I don't really need anyone I work better on my own. If I do date someone it's usually cause I'm bored. But my preferred types would be

ESTP 7 sx
ISTP 7 sx
ENFP 7 sx
ESFP 7 sx

yeghor

To be honest I don't really need anyone I work better on my own. If I do date someone it's usually cause I'm bored. But my preferred types would be

ESTP 7 sx
ISTP 7 sx
ENFP 7 sx
ESFP 7 sx

OK... Hope you catch a nice one...:)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Pls go.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes I've noticed this. So are you saying that to better get along with ISTP's, I should avoid talking about feelings with them altogether and that I should also avoid asking them any PERSONAL feeling-type questions? I guess ISTP's would really hate Fi-ish questions then as well that would ask them to reach deep inside themselves and reveal something that no one else would have known about them?

It's not that I hate it, I just don't care, it makes no sense.

How can you ever view a person as a machine without feelings? That is just so foreign to me? How is that possible?

How is it possible that an ENTP with Ti doesn't understand this? Or is it a Ti-dom thing only?

So how are feelings gay? Do you even know that you have feelings or are you even aware of them, or is it that you have them, but just don't like to talk about them? Also, so you don't mind asking questions about how you work per say, and don't mind being taking apart like a piece of machinery. However, when asked to talk about yourself and who you are deep inside (fi style) it pisses you off? See that's my problem, I'm not sure if I like to understand myself for Ti reasons of understanding how I work or Fi reasons of understanding who I am deep inside.

Interesting how you're not sure about yourself. :p

Are you interested in both Ti and Fi ways of understanding yourself?