• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Why are words considered a luxury to the ISTP?

yeghor

When I came I thought like you. When I left I knew I was wrong. But a part of me remains everywhere I go and wont ever leave.

Perhaps it's then a road everyone has to walk himself\herself... Why hate those that are further down the road, you were also there once?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Perhaps it's then a road everyone has to walk himself\herself... Why hate those that are further down the road, you were also there once?

I am not hating, in fact I feel nothing most of the time. Its just you being sensitive ;)

yeghor

I am not hating, in fact I feel nothing most of the time. Its just you being sensitive ;)

Well the belowgiven doesn't sound very loving either...

Thats where our opinions differ. I dont believe in genetics or any sort of boundaries, I believe in that I can become everything that I want. For some things I need to try harder, cause they are foreign to me.

I learnt that from Americans in young age, sadly that you lost that attitude and replaced it with some pseudo-spiritual self degeneration

Doesn't this mean we are some kind of self-degenerates, for whom I guess you feel some kind of contempt or superiority...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Doesn't this mean we are some kind of self-degenerates, for whom I guess you feel some kind of contempt or superiority...

Someone with low self-esteem would prolly interprete it like that ya.

But to make my standpoint clear, I am german, if I want to insult you, I will always do it directly.

yeghor

Someone with low self-esteem would prolly interprete it like that ya.

But to make my standpoint clear, I am german, if I want to insult you, I will always do it directly.

Yeah but there are repercussions to direct insults...

I've been to Germany... there are nice people there too... people follow rules all the time...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah but there are repercussions to direct insults...

I've been to Germany... there are nice people there too... people follow rules all the time...

Well I am not.

Dragonfly

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So on a completely, well not so completely unrelated note, why are arguments between strong N function types so amusing, to sensors?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about dynamics in character ? To say, I have, I do, I want, I need does bring you to a point when you have a pretty static image of yourself. but is everyone always like that or do we change ? Over time with experience ? In a second thru emotion ? Can you at all really pinpoint down someone that precisely to say he is this or that.

I certainly have changed over time and, get this, not just due to experience. My image of myself isn't really static or simple at all. I'm still able to make some statements however. Some of it's not even done verbally. I'm not a verbal thinker anyway.

I don't know how precisely you want to pin down someone. It ceases to be a dilemma if you set a realistic goal.

Maybe the gamma quadra achiever is in his freetime the total social beta. While the total social beta on the job, becomes some sort of ambitious achiever for compliments in his freetime with his friends. How static is personality is the question ? Doesnt it change and fluctuate ?

The question isn't that, the question is what the changes depend on, what causes them.

I am not upset, I want to expand your mind. So you do not make the same mistakes I once did.

Nice mission and thanks but you missed your target. I'm already through and past many mistakes.

I still didn't get an answer from you as to why you called that line N-ish. Care to explain why you saw it as N?

We can use the functions interchangeably... Our MBTI type represents our "strongest" and "most capable" preference...

Well strongest doesn't mean most capable. I suspect my type could be different going by strongest function vs going by most capable function.

A Ti-dom's Te (i.e. real time articulation of thoughts) would be clumsier wrt that of a Te-dom...

That happens to be true of me :)

But if you can use them interchangeably, you could learn to master them all and theen become the mastertype with every function having the same strength. At that point functions cease to exist and the mbti theory looses validity.

That's a big "IF" and the idea fails right there. You can't use them interchangeably at will. There's not enough time even if you could. There isn't even any point to trying to master everything.

Thats where our opinions differ. I dont believe in genetics or any sort of boundaries, I believe in that I can become everything that I want. For some things I need to try harder, cause they are foreign to me.

And have you ever stopped for a second to figure out why some things are foreign to you?

So on a completely, well not so completely unrelated note, why are arguments between strong N function types so amusing, to sensors?

It's usually not simply amusing to me tbh. It's either interesting or pointless. Extremes :)

yeghor

Well strongest doesn't mean most capable. I suspect my type could be different going by strongest function vs going by most capable function.

What difference do you make between strength and capability...? How do you define strong and capable?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What difference do you make between strength and capability...? How do you define strong and capable?

Function strength: how heavily you lean on the function

Function capability: how well you use it