• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFPs and ESTPs, would you be interested in a Linus Larrabee (Sabrina) person?

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
In this day and age, it seems that women (in this case ESFPs and ESTPs) go for the outgoing, maybe macho men, who lack responsibility (haha this sounds crusty) and are more "for the moment" people. Is there any chance for the quiet, responsible, hard-working man (given confidence and not being a hermit aka is fine communicating in social situations)?

Sunny Ghost

In this day and age, it seems that women (in this case ESFPs and ESTPs) go for the outgoing, maybe macho men, who lack responsibility (haha this sounds crusty) and are more "for the moment" people. Is there any chance for the quiet, responsible, hard-working man (given confidence and not being a hermit aka is fine communicating in social situations)?

My good ESFP friend is with an ISTP. He's more of the computer nerd ISTP type, rather than the fast paced speed and car's type. Though, he is into that, too. He's very quiet and works really hard. Slight resemblance to Harry Potter. ha.

As an ISFP, I find the more introverted, smart, responsible, nerdy types VERY attractive. I actually slightly detest extroverts when it comes to romantic relationships. No offence to any extroverts. I've dated a few ESFP's and ESFJ's, one ENTJ... and frankly, though they're good fun to be around, I tire of them quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------

The ENxP's I dated, I seemed to tolerate a bit longer. But those romances didn't go very far, so it's hard to say for sure.

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
My good ESFP friend is with an ISTP. He's more of the computer nerd ISTP type, rather than the fast paced speed and car's type. Though, he is into that, too. He's very quiet and works really hard. Slight resemblance to Harry Potter. ha.

I mean more of the business type people, someone who is a J. I wish I were a nerd because they are better at starting companies and finding jobs, but that is neither here nor there :)

As an ISFP, I find the more introverted, smart, responsible, nerdy types VERY attractive. I actually slightly detest extroverts when it comes to romantic relationships. No offence to any extroverts. I've dated a few ESFP's and ESFJ's, one ENTJ... and frankly, though they're good fun to be around, I tire of them quickly.

What about extroverted women you know? They are the ones I am most attracted to and yet they are the ones who seem to fit the description of the men in my first post. I fear it is simply a matter of time: once they get tired of the fun and want to get serious then they come a'knocking.

Sunny Ghost

I mean more of the business type people, someone who is a J. I wish I were a nerd because they are better at starting companies and finding jobs, but that is neither here nor there :)

What about extroverted women you know? They are the ones I am most attracted to and yet they are the ones who seem to fit the description of the men in my first post. I fear it is simply a matter of time: once they get tired of the fun and want to get serious then they come a'knocking.

An ESFP female I work with is dating someone I think is an IxxJ of some sort. He's a med student. I was actually really surprised to see her with him. I could be wrong about his type, but it was the general impression I got from him.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

No I'm not going for macho men if I want a relationship, why would I?

Yep I did go out with "quiet, responsible, hard-working man", he did have confidence and was fine with social situations. Probably ISTJ dichotomy-wise... Function-wise not sure. Anyway, problem was the relationship wasn't enough in terms of emotions.

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
No I'm not going for macho men if I want a relationship, why would I?

Yep I did go out with "quiet, responsible, hard-working man", he did have confidence and was fine with social situations. Probably ISTJ dichotomy-wise... Function-wise not sure. Anyway, problem was the relationship wasn't enough in terms of emotions.

I guess my response to that is: do you often want a relationship? Or do you just want short liaisons? (I'm not trying to be rude at all or aggressive, you're my window into the other side :D ) I understand the emotional aspect. Thank you.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess my response to that is: do you often want a relationship? Or do you just want short liaisons? (I'm not trying to be rude at all or aggressive, you're my window into the other side :D ) I understand the emotional aspect. Thank you.

I'm fine with either. Whatever goes my way. (Hey I did not say to do the two at the same time. :p )

And no worries :)

Why are you interested in ESxP's though? ;p

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Go for an irresponsible enfp. They will find your crusty old man self calming and soothing.

Otherwise I seek women of equal evil zu mein selbst.

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Why are you interested in ESxP's though? ;p

I have been very attracted (beyond physical) to all the ESFP's I know. My last girlfriend was an ESFP and we were perfect (except for the baggage that ended it). I have never met an ESTP, but they sound awesome. ESFP's to me represent someone to drag me to social events and be the life of the party. Kind of a kite and anchor situation but not as oblivious as /more present than ENFP's. I want someone outgoing, more emotional than I am, laid-back and spontaneous and Sensing.

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
I'm attracted to people similar to me, and people opposite to me. So ESxP and IFxJs. IFxPs are sweet but i have a hard time with Fi. The character in Sabrina is kind of a drag, tbh. But I find nothing wrong with a quiet, hardworking man as long as he smiles (unlike Linus), has a sense of humor, is secure with himself and knows how to have fun. In reality though, I have absolutely zero interest in having a boyfriend, I find it a nuisance, so none of this really matters atm.