• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Women and Dating Preferences

obzen210

What do you look for in a man, both physically and in personality?
How do you feel about traditional gender roles?
What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?
Do you ever wear revealing clothing? What is your primary method for finding a man?
When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?

Sunny Ghost

I've tended to date more slim/tall guys. But I really have no preference. I've dated stout, big, small, muscular, physically weak, pale, tan, redheads, blondes, and brunettes. Personality can make a man more or less attractive physically. I like smart, self aware men with a good sense of humor. I detest guy's that are "too cool" and huge ego's.

I'm not sure what you mean by traditional gender roles. What fraction of it? Like women staying at home and men going off to work to bring home the bread? I like guy's with ambition or a good head on their shoulder with a strong ethic. I don't particularly care for "macho" guy's, though I'm also not certain what it means to be a macho guy in this day and age.

In high school, I was attracted to the punk rock boys, I suppose. Guy's who played guitar and what not.

I'm not one for revealing clothing. I have not method for finding a man, except just being myself. I want a guy to be attracted to me for who I am, and not who they think I am. We'll only wind up disappointed down the road.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Physical looks are important but I have my own taste so I don't necessarily like what's considered good looking.

Personality: Good question ;) Guess someone smart/deep, kind, willing to go along with my stuff

Indifferent

What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?

I didn't look for anything in personality :( beyond maybe having some "mystical" quality, that was something that would take my attention.

Do you ever wear revealing clothing?

o_O

What is your primary method for finding a man?

No method lol. Just talk to a lot of people

When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?

This isn't done in such a conscious way.

diamondmouth

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
physically, going by my dating history I like lean and tall guys with a great smile and faces that are easy to look at.
personality wise, they were thoughtful, imaginative, odd sense of humour and at times more emotionally demanding than myself.

I don't care about traditional gender roles, I think it's archaic and irrelevant.

In high school I liked shy boys.

Sometimes I wear low cut tops but thats about as revealing as it gets and I don't do it for attention.
I don't have a method for finding a man, it just happens..

I definitely test the waters first.. I do this by trying to keep things casual, be friends and get to know him first but I seem to attract the kind of guy who's a bit more intense and wants to take me out to dinner on the first date. I try not to let a guy know I'm interested until I'm sure I am.. then I go for it

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It sort of varies what I look for in a guy. As long as I can laugh with them, they at least care about me but aren't feeling up on me in public, and they're just decent people in general, I will get along with them. I guess I have a slight preference for brunettes with blue eyes :wubbie: Almost every guy I end up liking is taller than me.

I don't have a problem with gender roles, but I don't think you have to stick with them strictly.

I don't wear super revealing clothes. Sometimes you can see a tiny bit of cleavage but I keep things covered. That's not how I prefer to get guys.

I just talk to people that I know, and develop relationships from there.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Physically, I like tall (6' or more) husky meaning big bone men. I prefer a brown hair and brown eyes ie Orlando Bloom type of look.

Personality: emotionally mature, same sense of humour, enjoy doing things together, family oriented, respect my need for space and time alone, laid back and not pushy, same mental wave length, no mind games or manipulation as in asking in a straight forward manner, direct with needs and wants, generous heart.

I am in a traditional gender role as a stay at home mom because we BOTH wanted someone to stay home and raise the kids. The deciding factor was that he made more money than me. I don't regret the decision.

I preferred boys as friends rather than in a romantic relationship.

I am generally conservative in my clothes.

Before I decided to get serious about finding a husband, there was no method. When I decided that I wanted to get married, I looked at myself and determined what I wanted in a husband and made a list. Then, I read several books about dating. I then felt that I had a reasonable plan and a focus. If I felt nothing after three or four dates, I moved on. Nor was I coy about my questions, I was forward and direct about my questions regarding marriage, kids, money, religion, expectations, etc.

One at a time.

obzen210

Physical looks are important but I have my own taste so I don't necessarily like what's considered good looking.

Personality: Good question ;) Guess someone smart/deep, kind, willing to go along with my stuff

Could you clarify your personality type in terms of ISFP/ISFJ etc. I'm not that versed in this, still barely scratching the surface

I didn't look for anything in personality :( beyond maybe having some "mystical" quality, that was something that would take my attention.

It's just a question. I'm not here to judge you

This isn't done in such a conscious way.

It's ok, like I said you don't have to feel judged, all I seek is information. If you'd like to specify, it would be appreciated on my part.

Thank you for your responses.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
The face of Jensen Ackles, the body of Tom Hardy and the personality of Mitt Romney. Who am I even lying to, I'm just looking for Mitt Romney.
For other people? Knock yourselves out. For myself? Hell naw.
See the first question. If I could just find someone who's exactly like me but a man, that would be just stellar.
Que? :huh:
I go out and club the one I like and drag him home.
Dragging one unconscious person home is hard enough.

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Men? I like them gift-wrapped. Emphasis on the word 'wrapped'!

As in Dom-male / Sub-female? I literally throw up in my mouth even thinking about it.

And I admit, considering its prevalence, I end up thinking about it a lot.

Beards mainly; well-groomed, but not gross. If I'm going to bother with a guy, I want him to at least look like one.

I wear tank-tops on the daily.

Ehhhh...never actually LOOKED for one? Any ones I've actually considered all sorta just threw themselves at my feet.

I have a bad habit of being histrionic and being overly flirtatious with men I'm not even sexually attracted to, though, which may be why any of this happened to begin with.

I admit, once I had a bite--and there were usually multiple--I fished with them for a while. Once I found one I actually cared enough about? I kinda dropped everyone else flat, because I wanted to invest my energy into helping/being affectionate towards someone I cared about. Love 'em and leave 'em, right? *shot*

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ExFx that cries during movies.

He can be "the girl" and I will be "the woman".

We'll see.

Do you?

No.

One.

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6

I usually look for a man who is confident, knows what he wants and is reliable, I have no time for sweet talkers and casa novas. Physically, I don't have a type, I just look at the eyes and the smile of a person (as cliché as it sounds)

It depends on the task, for certain things I agree with gender roles as long as it is logical and useful, but most of the time I am an egalitarian. However, really I am not obsessed with them, I usually just do my thing and I don't spend hours thinking about why I should or shouldn't have done it because of societal rules, morality and blablabla...

First I didn't date in high school (even tho I've been asked to multiple times), I simply had other priorities (such as studying duh!) and I knew high school relationships don't usually end up in something serious so...
In college (where I still am), I have only dated one guy and we are now getting married. So you can see I wasn't talking lightly when I said I don't waste my time if I feel it won't be serious.

Do you ever wear revealing clothing? What is your primary method for finding a man?

I do not wear revealing clothes, however I like to wear some tight fitting ones for my own enjoyment as I have a great body and some show-casing never hurt anyone and is good for my ego. But I don't do it to attract men, it would only attract superficial guys I have no need for in my life.

By what I said already, you can guess that one.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Men with a beard have more chance to attract my attention (generally speaking). An elegant attitude. A natural leader or a playful guy, a sensitive man.
I'm very much attracted to positive vibes (I feel them all around me) and attitude than muscles, haircut, or the size of his dick
(well I can look at his belt so...you know us women can see things men can't see...).

I don't give a damn. I don't fit in the box.

I was attracted by older guys. Those boys (in my classroom) tried to catch my attention with stupid games I was having fun at.
I was focused on the subject I like, family life, hobbies and friendship.
So I was more looking for boys to leave me alone at this time and I founded them all rude or nonsense most of the time.
I was friend with the shy guys. I could tease them and they have always enjoyed my company.

I dress in an original way. Not to find a man, that's a way to express my personality. I dress with colours and material I don't need to iron.
I love to feel confortable and "at home" in my own clothes, so I love silk or other material I like to touch and feel on my skin.
I custom my clothes as soon as they are a bit old or when I need a change.
I love to mix materials, colours, shirts, trousers, skirts, dresses, jeans, whatever I like...
I love a bit of "weird touch" so that I attract people who are not into jugement & curious personalities. I said PEOPLE, not men.
And believe me, that works !
To find a man one does not have to wear clothes :D Why bothering so much !

That depends on my state of mind at this moment in my life, and what I'm looking for.
Generally it seems I do test him for a long time (unconsciously more or less) .
I love the original stories, fun, and intrigues.

The best thing is to choose 2 bisexual men, so that I see two men touching in front of me :) :)
Just joking of course :D Just joking.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I like chubby, swarthy men who are total squares in the personality department

fuck 'em (and not in the good, sexy way)

smart boys... swarthy boys... adventurous boys

yes, though not for the male attention... it gets really hot here! I haven't had to find a man for years (having found a good one) though my primary method was being incredibly direct and telling them exactly what I wanted (them)

I'm very monogamous

sne.ed

Personality wise someone that can see through my bullshit, good sense of humor, and grounded.

Physically it varies, as long as their is chemistry. Sometimes it's someone's energy that draws me in.

Gender roles...I don't do well with tradition. I look for a partner but love to take care of a man.

Depends on what revealing clothing is for you...but I have no problem displaying my assets or moving them just the right way to draw someone in.

Primary method for finding a guy? That's never the goal, it usually just happens. I have never had the mindset of looking for a guy, if it happens it happens if it doesn't I can still enjoy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazzie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Never dated or been in a relationship. But the type of body I tend to look at the most are usually type that plays soccer. I do think some guys look cute with long hair. most have brown or black hair color . But no preference on looks. It more the personality that gets my attention. Personality wise and more important I prefer a guy who more outgoing and talkative than me and a good communicator as sometimes Im not. Someone who happy to be who he is. It a good start if he can get me to smile and laugh alot just by being his goofy self lol.

Traditional roles. I am not a fan of it as most men that I know that want traditional roles are usually macho or very demanding person.

not much different from what I said in answering the first questions. except in high school most guys were pretty boys and eventually I learn that there gay. So I guess I liked guys that bit more femine lol.

If I understood this question. No I don't wear revealing clothing. my clothes are casual as I usually wear tshirt, jean shorts, and sneakers.

I dont have a method for finding men, I would just let it happen. Being in a relationship is lowest of my priority and honestly I am not interested, Im happy being single :D. But I do check out guys look wise lol :blush: