• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] What is an fi-ni loop like?

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is it like and how can you tell if you are in one?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Like a fruit loop but less tasty.

I

Infinite Bubble

If you do not interact with the world much, you bet you're in an introverted "loop".

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It is like you have some value (Fi) then you see a pattern that breaks with that value (Ni).
Instead of checking the real world, Se or Te if this is actually the case you just assume it is true.
Then you dig yourself deeper and deeper into a illusion about this issue.

Say you suspect your partner to be cheating on you.
If you are an ISFP and using Fi/Ni then the process you go trough as you imagine the implications can be termed a Fi/Ni loop.
A hallmark of the Fi/Ni loop is the lack of both sensory and factual evidence.
You just got a hunch based on some fragmented observations, and rather than investigate further you just sail right
along into deep inner reflection on this assumtion. It might be true or it might not be, that is irrelevant in the Fi/Ni loop,
reality has lost it's influence.

Sunny Ghost

Paranoid. Downward spiraling. Over analytical and anxious.

I'm pretty sure I've started a thread about it before.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Despite my fear that it will start you on this topic yet again, an example of an Fi - Ni loop would be you thinking you are ugly and you need plastic surgery for the future to turn positive.

So please, PLEASE, DO NOT start talking about that again. But it's an example of Fi - Ni projection gone awry. It is.

I

Infinite Bubble

Even if it's just in your temperament to be introspective?

Extroversion is orientation towards interacting or paying attention to the outer world, so it makes sense that if one does not do this, they'll withdraw into their introverted functions. But most people are quite balanced in this respect and make use of both orientations of functions. So even if ones temperament is to be introspective, they'll still momentarily switch two the auxiliary regularly before retreating again.

What I'm talking about is those significantly lacking in outside stimulation and show disinterest or incapability in interacting with it. Those who are mentally ill, for example, and those with conditions like Schizoid personality disorder (which I believe equates to TiSi and TiNi in the functional paradigm).

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
An ISFP in a Fi-Ni loop will become more philosophical, poetic, and dreamier than usual, and will sometimes look like an NF if in it too long. Only a bout of Se can save us.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Fi ni loops are responsible for weird music that makes me depressed like this:

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Speaking of Fi-Ni loop as music, this is the type of music I listen to when in a loop that just gets what I'm feeling. Some would call it depressing, but I find it bittersweet and I literally see the beauty around me when I listen to songs like this.