• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do you ever feel like a bad SP?

S

Stansmith

I don't really have any of the seemingly positive traits Intuitives tack onto us; sensuality, willpower, athleticism, 'normalness', alertness, happiness, social skills, practicality, appreciation of the moment, etc. I'm sure a fairly decent amount don't fit many of these traits at all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really used to seeing you post as an sp yet.

You feel pretty sure about it?

Sunny Ghost

I don't really have any of the seemingly positive traits Intuitives tack onto us; sensuality, willpower, athleticism, 'normalness', alertness, happiness, social skills, practicality, appreciation of the moment, etc. I'm sure a fairly decent amount don't fit many of these traits at all.

ISFP 4's and 6's, I feel, are a little different.

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ
Yes. That's why I decided I'm probably NJ.

I'm learning to appreciate more the present moment, the physicalities.

Take note of your breath; what do you see, what do you hear?

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ

I think you have all those positive traits and more! Why don't you?

Have you considered that you may be a shy ENFJ?

Sunny Ghost

Yeah, I'd say I have a habit of neglecting Se. The main SP trait I can relate to is my interest in physical appearance.

That alone doesn't make you an Se type. I know plenty of xNFP females and xNFJ females who also care about appearances. I know several ENFP females who are hair stylists. Or aspiring models. Or obsessed with a healthy diet for their appearance. I think from a distance, ENFP's can often resemble ISFP's and vice versa.

What makes you think you're an ISFP?

I wonder how much you and Marm have in common. She seems constantly wavering in her type. She only seems certain of Fi and being a type 6.

S

Stansmith

That alone doesn't make you an Se type. I know plenty of xNFP females and xNFJ females who also care about appearances. I know several ENFP females who are hair stylists. Or aspiring models. Or obsessed with a healthy diet for their appearance. I think from a distance, ENFP's can often resemble ISFP's and vice versa.

What makes you think you're an ISFP?

I wonder how much you and Marm have in common. She seems constantly wavering in her type. She only seems certain of Fi and being a type 6.

Other posters seem to agree on me being SeNi type over a NeSi type, and I can also see how that manifests in my thinking. I look at whatever I'm shown in terms of it's literal qualities (Se) and meaning (Ni), rather than it's objective potential (Ne), which usually escapes me. I'm also confident that I'm an Fi-user.

Sunny Ghost

Other posters seem to agree on me being SeNi type over a NeSi type, and I can also see how that manifests in my thinking. I look at whatever I'm shown in terms of it's literal qualities (Se) and meaning (Ni), rather than it's objective potential (Ne), which usually escapes me. I'm also confident that I'm an Fi-user.

Gotcha. Well, I say develop that Se. If you are an ISFP, doing so would help level out your sanity and happiness. I've gone through a couple of dom-tertiary loops in the past, and it certainly is a downward spiral. I've found that forcing myself to explore the outdoors, like long walks or a day hike, and bringing along a camera, can really help me to get out of my own head. Or try something new like painting or watercolors. Or yoga. Or a pottery class. Exercise, biking, running... sign up for a 5k. Volunteer on a local farm. Volunteer work in general. I volunteered at a local hospital for a little while, and I really enjoyed that.

Force yourself to quit worrying about who you are for a minute and just savor in the moment. I like to take time to just sit on my porch and enjoy a cup of coffee or hot cocoa or wine. Soak in the scenery, the weather, observe my pets play.

I also used to have a hard time forcing myself to sit down to watch comedies. I was all about dramas and anything that pulled on my heart strings and was a bit cerebral. But I've realized a healthy dose of comedy and laughter is good, too.

S

Stansmith

Gotcha. Well, I say develop that Se. If you are an ISFP, doing so would help level out your sanity and happiness. I've gone through a couple of dom-tertiary loops in the past, and it certainly is a downward spiral. I've found that forcing myself to explore the outdoors, like long walks or a day hike, and bringing along a camera, can really help me to get out of my own head. Or try something new like painting or watercolors. Or yoga. Or a pottery class. Exercise, biking, running... sign up for a 5k. Volunteer on a local farm. Volunteer work in general. I volunteered at a local hospital for a little while, and I really enjoyed that.

Force yourself to quit worrying about who you are for a minute and just savor in the moment. I like to take time to just sit on my porch and enjoy a cup of coffee or hot cocoa or wine. Soak in the scenery, the weather, observe my pets play.

I also used to have a hard time forcing myself to sit down to watch comedies. I was all about dramas and anything that pulled on my heart strings and was a bit cerebral. But I've realized a healthy dose of comedy and laughter is good, too.

True, I should. I always feel a bit better after going outside for a bit. And yeah, I can relate to your last point; I can't really watch anything lighthearted or meant for pure entertainment anymore without feeling empty, or bored.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trying to type by functions is always a mess.

But to answer the original question, yes, I'm a bad SP.

Bad to the bone.

:cool:

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I'm a bad SP. My introversion can sometimes keep me from acting on what I want to actually do. For instance, I'd love to get up and just dance my little heart out like those crazy ESFPs do, but unless I'm in the mood I shy away. The only time I can just dance is when I'm dancing with my kids around the house or if I can get lost in the crowd dancing. I just don't like drawing attention to myself. I spend a huge amount of time introverting and will read books, watch movies, and research topics that interest me on the internet for hours on end, but at some point I just have to go outside and walk or get up and just go somewhere for a while, spend some time in nature. I'll then get on a "I need to get stuff done" kick and work on some projects, so some art, for days or weeks on end and then retreat back into introversion. It's all very cyclical. But yeah, I feel inept as an SP sometimes.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I used to...then I realized I wasn't one.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are you sure this is a personal lacking (like a Fi-Ni loop, as others mentioned) or do you think it's just because most descriptions of Se are somewhat narrow and uninspired?

Personally, I think the way people write about Se seems like a N trying to talk in S terms, and doing it badly might I add. They often only describe the superficial traits and rarely the interesting abstract qualities. It's an ironic failing.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think its called "not being a stereotype".

Yeah. Seriously. Typology is a broad spectrum of personality. It's the general of the general. Enneagram had a lot more (I think) to specify behavior. Anyway, type doesn't matter. Be happy. Live life.