• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Se doms, what is the content of your own intuition?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I am generally interested what happens whenever a Se dom experience Introverted Intuition. Jung said it comes with seeing objects in the real world, as having mystical qualities to them. Like a shirt that brings you good luck, or a gun that fires invisible bullets that purges demons. Most of my own intuition is just making shit up, and tying it up by the common thread of my own experiences and injecting those experiences with metaphysical meaning.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am generally interested what happens whenever a Se dom experience Introverted Intuition.

I am mission oriented most of the time.
So, my objective is the driving force of my thoughts, I am scanning my surroundings for potential precursors in line with what I need, and
comparing them to my internal concepts as to how
I feel it should all turn out in the end. If it all lines up then I proceed and make shit happen.

That is about as complicated as it gets for me.
I have an internal web of concepts as to how things should be, my reality is compared to it in real time, and I go with what works. I am not into over analyzing, I would rather get things done and move on. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have lucky shirts, yes. I'm kinda superstitious about some things, very randomly. I think my intuition probably surfaces most when I'm tired, and just comes out as more goofiness than anything else.

Sunny Ghost

If I'm in a negative mindset, my Ni likes to pair up with my Fi and likes to make me miserable. Tells me things that aren't true.

Otherwise, I try to find an underlying meaning. Such as when reading a book, or watching a movie, or listening to a piece of music. I do take that same mindset out into the real world, too. I used to do this mental exercise where I would transcribe things I saw in the real world as though it were a dream. I also try to get to the underlying meaning of my actions and thoughts and my dreams. I like symbolism in art and myths. I also like to use my Ni when trying to figure people out and often ask myself, "What is the underlying reason for this persons actions and feelings." I suppose that's Ni at work. Maybe?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I am generally interested what happens whenever a Se dom experience Introverted Intuition. Jung said it comes with seeing objects in the real world, as having mystical qualities to them. Like a shirt that brings you good luck, or a gun that fires invisible bullets that purges demons. Most of my own intuition is just making shit up, and tying it up by the common thread of my own experiences and injecting those experiences with metaphysical meaning.

I don't believe in luck. But I am a christian, so... I suppose you could say that's my wacky voodoo inferior Ni at work. :dry: Although I don't really like tying religion into typology.

My intuition comes as a very quiet voice that talks to me. 90% of the time i don't hear it, even though its correct after the fact.

I get these judgements in my head very early on when interacting with someone. They are ALWAYS correct... but I'm very unaware of them and often times don't realize they're happening until after the fact.

It also ramps up my paranoia that everyone I meet has a 90% chance of betraying me... because they actually have, and the paranoia seems to be getting worse with age.

woopee!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a few lucky items, and on the flipside, some things I've worn or carried at a bad time in my life that I can't bear to pick up again for a long time before the toxic emotion wears off. As IAJ says, it can tell me miserable things about situations and people's feelings toward me that cannot be proven.

The difference between a FiNe user and me when talking about theory in the intuitive domain is that they are better at making themselves clear due to the balance of introversion and extraversion they are speaking from. When I talk about something from a FiNi place, the connections are more insular: I have to be careful or only I will be able to follow me. And Ne doms, for some reason. I like those people.

The future and alternate timelines are close to the surface of the sensory world for me. For instance, if I am walking near the edge of a cliff, I will get a flash inside of what it would physically have been like to fall and hit the bottom. If I tour an office building, I'll get twinges of what it would feel like to work there: if I get a lot of strong ones, I probably will work there someday! Putting myself in another person's shoes is pretty literal, like hopping into their body and physical emotions for a second out of a normal day. I judge artists according to that, I'll admit. If you're not ready to inhabit the people you hate as they do the things you fear, put your medium down until you are.

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
That hunch thing is so true, I often know something is going to happen somewhere when it is super peaceful and calm, whether its last minute plans or something unlucky, even though I never know exactly what it is, so I'll take that time to work towards a stopping point on projects or studies, get the house cleaned, get my hair washed, stuff charged and have clean clothes on hand. Same with finding needed information, or loop holes to get something done when it seemed like I'd worked myself into a corner, a random word related to something to look up or a physical object will pop into my mind just after deciding that it would be a good time to give it a rest for a while. Same goes with changes in routine, I've learned my lesson over and over and over again that they always seem to happen just when you think things are finally going to stay the way they are for a while, so when I pick up on that, my inner voice tells me that even though it's good to flex and adjust that one thing can spill over into the other if you don't watch it, not to mention the people who don't have anything better to do than to cause problems when you're too distracted to notice anything's off.

Cygnus

I get this huge "OMGOMGLULZ look at this thing, I just had this frickin idea, now I understand everything and it was AWESOME!" Might have been shadow Ti, though.

It was more like this "frameshift" on how I perceive the world, not really any specific principle. I can't really use Ni consciously all that well, I have to wait months and just let it do what it wants.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I actually don't like to mix the concrete and the abstract on a conscious level. I definitely hate making shit up. In the most stressful ever period of my life I did just that exactly though, mixing it all together and make up shit.

Apart from that one time in my life, I don't really care for mixing them, e.g. superstitions, but sometimes something spontaneous comes up that's reminiscent of that sort of stuff. Small things, I just don't really believe any of it.

A more useful version of Ni is eureka moments I get sometimes. It sometimes applies to how things in my life played out / are playing out and that usually makes much more sense than the superstition related examples by Jung. And my approach to some specific topics is more heavy with Ni but it's really specific things like math lol.

I am mission oriented most of the time.
So, my objective is the driving force of my thoughts, I am scanning my surroundings for potential precursors in line with what I need, and
comparing them to my internal concepts as to how
I feel it should all turn out in the end. If it all lines up then I proceed and make shit happen.

That is about as complicated as it gets for me.
I have an internal web of concepts as to how things should be, my reality is compared to it in real time, and I go with what works. I am not into over analyzing, I would rather get things done and move on. :)

That's pretty cool too, I'm trying to develop that sort of stuff right now. Thing is it doesn't go too smoothly.

It's pretty far from having an "internal web of concepts as to how things should be". It's much more general/broad and I should probably work on that.

I mean, I only have such web of concepts in some topics, not regarding the way I lead my life and this is what I'm trying to improve.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's pretty cool too, I'm trying to develop that sort of stuff right now. Thing is it doesn't go too smoothly.

It took me a good amount of practice, as in a few years of me trying to get things done in a very systematic, pre-planned way - only to realize that John Lennon was right when he said "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - or put differently "Things rarely go exactly as you expect them to."

So, practice makes perfect! :happy:

You might want to pick a small project, like building a bookshelf, and set it up two ways:
(1) Predetermine every board length & width, type of hardware you will use, wood stain, clear coat, etc. - and -
(2) Draw a picture of what you want the final bookshelf to look like and what it's final dimensions should be.
---(2a) Then, cut the top, bottom and sides. Sand down the edges and set up the pieces on the floor to see how they should best fit together.
---(2b) Go to a hardware store and look at the options you have to put the bookcase together in the way you intended.
------(2bi) Maybe they have some things that allow you to do so?
------(2bii) Maybe they have some things that give you a chance to set it up and build it better than you originally planned?
(3) Assemble the frame of the bookshelf by fastening them to each other appropriately as per the hardware you selected
(4) Measure it again. Are the dimensions of the remaining pieces of lumber the same as the dimensions of the same pieces on the other diagram? The one where everything was pre-determined? MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE NOT.
However, you're in good shape, because you haven't cut those boards yet. So, you can simply adjust your plan and keep moving forward until the bookshelf is completed.

Wash, rinse, repeat... :newwink:

It's pretty far from having an "internal web of concepts as to how things should be". It's much more general/broad and I should probably work on that.

You will develop this over time, especially if you put effort into it. :)

I mean, I only have such web of concepts in some topics, not regarding the way I lead my life and this is what I'm trying to improve.

Life improvement is cool stuff.
I've put a lot of effort into self discovery and self improvement over the last five years, and it has paid off in so many ways.
It has been a humbling experience in many ways, but also very rewarding.
The work is not always easy, and can simply be frustrating at times, but anything worth accomplishing is rarely easy to do.

Good luck and please keep in touch!

:solidarity:

-Halla74

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It took me a good amount of practice, as in a few years of me trying to get things done in a very systematic, pre-planned way - only to realize that John Lennon was right when he said "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - or put differently "Things rarely go exactly as you expect them to."

So, practice makes perfect! :happy:

You might want to pick a small project, like building a bookshelf, and set it up two ways:
(1) Predetermine every board length & width, type of hardware you will use, wood stain, clear coat, etc. - and -
(2) Draw a picture of what you want the final bookshelf to look like and what it's final dimensions should be.
---(2a) Then, cut the top, bottom and sides. Sand down the edges and set up the pieces on the floor to see how they should best fit together.
---(2b) Go to a hardware store and look at the options you have to put the bookcase together in the way you intended.
------(2bi) Maybe they have some things that allow you to do so?
------(2bii) Maybe they have some things that give you a chance to set it up and build it better than you originally planned?
(3) Assemble the frame of the bookshelf by fastening them to each other appropriately as per the hardware you selected
(4) Measure it again. Are the dimensions of the remaining pieces of lumber the same as the dimensions of the same pieces on the other diagram? The one where everything was pre-determined? MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE NOT.
However, you're in good shape, because you haven't cut those boards yet. So, you can simply adjust your plan and keep moving forward until the bookshelf is completed.

Wash, rinse, repeat... :newwink:

Urm, I didn't mean this sort of stuff when I talked about how I need to work on certain things. I was thinking about more long term goals. I guess this was a bit of a misunderstanding then.

The sort of stuff you talk about here, I'm already very good at. I've been "accused of" being ENTJ because of that. ;)

Not that I care enough to tinker with building things with my own two hands as in the example but otherwise yes, I'm able to easily find things in the environment that I need for my more short term or immediate goals, put steps together and execute them.

As for the "internal web of concepts", I guess I don't see the above process as such in my own case but then this expression is pretty generic and so in a way it may apply but I build a lot of this sort of stuff as I go. Only a bit of it is available as a pre-planned something. It's due to impatience, mainly. And that is what would go against ENxJ typing.

Life improvement is cool stuff.
I've put a lot of effort into self discovery and self improvement over the last five years, and it has paid off in so many ways.
It has been a humbling experience in many ways, but also very rewarding.
The work is not always easy, and can simply be frustrating at times, but anything worth accomplishing is rarely easy to do.

Good luck and please keep in touch!

:solidarity:

Well thanks :)