• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Ask an ESTP

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Are you worried about your dog getting sick from licking its ass too hard? need advise solving this situation?

Are you worried that the moon is going to crash into your house? need a slap in the face? I'll give it to you.

Did your 2nd step aunt in law decide to fuck a pigeon? Has this conflicted with your moral code?

Ask me questions. I don't even give a fuck!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, my girlfriend keeps leaving nasty notes on my door, that say things like "Stay off my property" or "Stop rummaging through my garbage" or "If I see you using those binoculars again, I'm gonna call the cops."

I'm thinking maybe we just aren't connecting on a spiritual level or something. What gift should I get her? Lingerie? Or a coupon for 20% off a breast enlargement?

S

Society

Are you worried about your dog getting sick from licking its ass too hard? need advise solving this situation?

Are you worried that the moon is going to crash into your house? need a slap in the face? I'll give it to you.

Did your 2nd step aunt in law decide to fuck a pigeon? Has this conflicted with your moral code?

Ask me questions. I don't even give a fuck!

i would totally try to lick my own ass if i was flexible enough, our moon is spiraling further away not getting closer, and the pigeon has learned to speak english and has expressed her consent.

now for the questions:

what is your book about?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So, my girlfriend keeps leaving nasty notes on my door, that say things like "Stay off my property" or "Stop rummaging through my garbage" or "If I see you using those binoculars again, I'm gonna call the cops."

I'm thinking maybe we just aren't connecting on a spiritual level or something. What gift should I get her? Lingerie? Or a coupon for 20% off a breast enlargement?

Have you considered buying her a gun?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
i would totally try to lick my own ass if i was flexible enough, our moon is spiraling further away not getting closer, and the pigeon has learned to speak english and has expressed her consent.

now for the questions:

what is your book about?

The book is about a man who has amnesia and is trying to find his life, 40 years past the apocalypse in the future. He bumps into a buncha scary ghosts and stuff in his dreams. I'd share it but it has no cover art, still looking for an artist. In the end he has sex with her while falling into the sun.

I made up that last part. But that would be pretty awesome.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, this one's specifically to ESTP's about ESTPs.

Why do you think some ESTPs cast people into this image of a person they imagine them to be, almost like a dream person or a constructed fantasy person? For example, one guy I know has me pegged as this character he has in his imagination and that is the only side of me that he will allow himself to see.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Why do you think some ESTPs cast people into this image of a this person they imagine them to be, almost like a dream person or a constructed fantasy person? For example, one guy I know has me pegged as this character he has in his imagination and that is the only side of me that he will allow himself to see.
I'm not an ESTP, but I think it probably has something to do with inferior Ni. As for the idealization part, I don't know.

Hey [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], what's your sign? Actual question, not an attempted pickup line. :) I'm guessing you are fire or air.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not an ESTP, but I think it probably has something to do with inferior Ni. As for the idealization part, I don't know.

Hey [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], what's your sign? Actual question, not an attempted pickup line. :) I'm guessing you are fire or air.

Capricorn

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Why do you think some ESTPs cast people into this image of a person they imagine them to be, almost like a dream person or a constructed fantasy person? For example, one guy I know has me pegged as this character he has in his imagination and that is the only side of me that he will allow himself to see.

Hmm, I think I know what you're talking about. I tend to take what very little information I have of a person and complete the pattern.

Its like playing sudoku. You fill out the whole thing in your mind but you only have a few bits of information to start off with.

I also think it has something to do with Ni. ENFJ's and INFJ's tend to see very well what a person COULD become, and judge them based on that instead of who they ACTUALLY are. I'm similar. I can't say I've ever been wrong about it. The ISFP I dated didn't like the fact that I felt she was adorable and seemed totally naive and innocent. She kept telling me, "I'm not this perfect person you think I am." Idunno what the deal is, but as I get to know someone I start to realize its wrong.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I probably come off differently in person. What about capricorn doesn't fit?

Actually it's not that it doesn't fit, just that you have other kinds of vibes too. It's probably the influence of the Ascendant or moon, or another planet. Capricorn does fit with 8w7 though. Hm...and it would be unusual for a Capricorn to be Sp last I think. Maybe you focus your energy on working a lot and becoming financially independent. They are also concerned with status. Would you want to tell me (PM or something) your time of birth and year?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, I think I know what you're talking about. I tend to take what very little information I have of a person and complete the pattern.

Its like playing sudoku. You fill out the whole thing in your mind but you only have a few bits of information to start off with.

I also think it has something to do with Ni. ENFJ's and INFJ's tend to see very well what a person COULD become, and judge them based on that instead of who they ACTUALLY are. I'm similar. I can't say I've ever been wrong about it. The ISFP I dated didn't like the fact that I felt she was adorable and seemed totally naive and innocent. She kept telling me, "I'm not this perfect person you think I am." Idunno what the deal is, but as I get to know someone I start to realize its wrong.

Thank you. Putting in that context helps me understand.

However, it feels funny when the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. I mean I tend to see a person's strengths and to encourage them to reach their potential. I read between the lines and see a person from the inside out rather than the outside in. I look for motives and intentions of the heart. However, I'm not used to having someone see me in that way; so when a particular ESTP began to prescribe attributes to me, I was taken aback.

Last edited:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Actually it's not that it doesn't fit, just that you have other kinds of vibes too. It's probably the influence of the Ascendant or moon, or another planet. Capricorn does fit with 8w7 though. Hm...and it would be unusual for a Capricorn to be Sp last I think. Maybe you focus your energy on working a lot and becoming financially independent. They are also concerned with status. Would you want to tell me (PM or something) your time of birth and year?

January 14 1988, born in yokosuka japan at around 1:00 to 1:30am.

Some websites also tell me I'm an earth dragon, and others tell me I'm a Fire Rabbit. (I heard rabbit can be replaced with cat, in which case, fuck yeah I'm a Fire Cat!).

You'd be just as confused as myself when it comes to Sp last and Capricorn. Every personality test I take, including the big 5, says I'm this immovable object. That's also why I suspect I type as 8w9 on most tests. In real life, I don't talk much and give 1 word answers, speak kinda monotone and talk slowly. When I sparred people in tae kwon do, I didn't even flinch when I recieved a blow, and a lot of people thought this made me a good fighter and it was disheartening for them to not get a reaction out of me. But online and in my writings, I am extremely fast paced and intense. Often times my mouth can't keep up with my mind. Also, my youtube videos are much more indicative of my mind because I am very comfortable in front of a camera talking to myself. However, I'm not comfortable acting that way in front of most people I meet.

I've also read that SeTi personalities are the most grounded of all types when it comes to decision making. So for example, my life is a series of overlapping stepping stones. Before I started my gym, I developed a passive income with my youtube channel, which now pays me enough that I will officially never starve to death, and before that, I gathered up enough capital to support me to spend 3 months going balls to the wall on youtube, making videos. I'm at the point now, where if my gym fails and I go broke, I will have plenty of friends who have already told me they'll give me a place to sleep, I have a passive income, and an online business that I can take with me wherever I want. So there is always a safety net in place when advancing. So a lot of the Capricorn "groundedness" is definitely there. Though my energy ranges from flighty and unfocussed to rock solid eye on the prize.

I find I am only focussed when my life is in utter chaos, and I become bored and neurotic when there is no challenge. So that could be what a lot of people see.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

However, it feels funny when the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. I mean I tend to see a person's strengths and to encourage them to reach their potential. I read between the lines and see a person from the inside out rather than the outside in. I look for motives and intentions of the heart. However, I'm not used to having someone see me in that way; so when a particular ESTP began to prescribe attributes to me, I was taken aback.

I think it tends to come off as idealization. I defintely see what people can "become." Only in recent years have I learned that it isn't possible and I do make people my personal projects.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Its said that conflictor personalities view the other person's id while the person themself usually only views their ego. Almost like my self identity is a shield that I hold for everyone to see, and other personalities are standing behind me seeing the part of myself that I do not. I find ENFP's seem to think I'm cute and adorable and harmless, up until I prove them otherwise. From my end it looks like a form of idealization.

So in my eyes I'm this Winged angel who comes down and saves the downtrodden, and someone who is compatible with me would view me in a similar way, but in the eyes of an FiNe I am this wretched zombie with skin hanging off of my bones bent on tearing people apart.

I see surface qualities and try to figure out the internal qualities. I see a girl who sporadically starts shouting at me out of nowhere, she sees herself as this horrible monster. I just see someone who is kind and gentle but has some wierd issue I can't seem to understand, and thus, ignore her when she does this. lol. Almost like a form of denial from my end. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. It seems like its a bad thing.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
January 14 1988, born in yokosuka japan at around 1:00 to 1:30am.

Some websites also tell me I'm an earth dragon, and others tell me I'm a Fire Rabbit. (I heard rabbit can be replaced with cat, in which case, fuck yeah I'm a Fire Cat!).

You'd be just as confused as myself when it comes to Sp last and Capricorn. Every personality test I take, including the big 5, says I'm this immovable object. That's also why I suspect I type as 8w9 on most tests. In real life, I don't talk much and give 1 word answers, speak kinda monotone and talk slowly. When I sparred people in tae kwon do, I didn't even flinch when I recieved a blow, and a lot of people thought this made me a good fighter and it was disheartening for them to not get a reaction out of me. But online and in my writings, I am extremely fast paced and intense. Often times my mouth can't keep up with my mind. Also, my youtube videos are much more indicative of my mind because I am very comfortable in front of a camera talking to myself. However, I'm not comfortable acting that way in front of most people I meet.

I've also read that SeTi personalities are the most grounded of all types when it comes to decision making. So for example, my life is a series of overlapping stepping stones. Before I started my gym, I developed a passive income with my youtube channel, which now pays me enough that I will officially never starve to death, and before that, I gathered up enough capital to support me to spend 3 months going balls to the wall on youtube, making videos. I'm at the point now, where if my gym fails and I go broke, I will have plenty of friends who have already told me they'll give me a place to sleep, I have a passive income, and an online business that I can take with me wherever I want. So there is always a safety net in place when advancing. So a lot of the Capricorn "groundedness" is definitely there. Though my energy ranges from flighty and unfocussed to rock solid eye on the prize.

I find I am only focussed when my life is in utter chaos, and I become bored and neurotic when there is no challenge. So that could be what a lot of people see.
You are indeed a multi-faceted person, and more complex than you appear.

Cool, I haven't looked at a chart in detail in a long time. :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I think it tends to come off as idealization. I defintely see what people can "become." Only in recent years have I learned that it isn't possible and I do make people my personal projects.

That is actually pretty admirable.

***Also, on a side note, congratulations on the gym! I hope it is very successful.

Its said that conflictor personalities view the other person's id while the person themself usually only views their ego. Almost like my self identity is a shield that I hold for everyone to see, and other personalities are standing behind me seeing the part of myself that I do not. I find ENFP's seem to think I'm cute and adorable and harmless, up until I prove them otherwise. From my end it looks like a form of idealization.

I think it is a form of idealization, but I suppose it's actually impossible to really know how someone online perceives us, because you know...it's online and people act funky online.

I suppose that everyone has an identity shield of one form or another. Actually, this explains a lot about people in general. We are projecting the person we want to be seen as, like the Wizard of Oz, but then some joker always goes behind the curtain and points out everything about ourselves that we don't want to be true! Still, call me a sap or whatever, but I say to you, to anybody actually, keep on seeing yourself as the person you want to be. Ultimately, it's what we believe about ourselves that matters, not what someone else thinks.

So in my eyes I'm this Winged angel who comes down and saves the downtrodden

My ESTP friend sees himself the same way.

Oh, my...does that mean he thinks I'm downtrodden?! Haha. He says he doesn't. He says he just wants to repay the "kindness" he has seen me show to others, but there are times, most times, when I just can't let him do it.

and someone who is compatible with me would view me in a similar way

They would probably see your intentions as benevolent.

but in the eyes of an FiNe I am this wretched zombie with skin hanging off of my bones bent on tearing people apart
....um, I'm not going to go there right now, because I don't want to be eaten alive:) LOL. [and I don't mean by you...unless, let me see your teeth. Are you a cannibal?] Still, I get what you're saying.

I see surface qualities and try to figure out the internal qualities. I see a girl who sporadically starts shouting at me out of nowhere, she sees herself as this horrible monster. I just see someone who is kind and gentle but has some wierd issue I can't seem to understand, and thus, ignore her when she does this. lol. Almost like a form of denial from my end. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. It seems like its a bad thing.

I would probably do the same thing. There have been a few times when I saw someone as a jerk. There was the parent who called me and gave me a cussing the day his daughter got on the wrong bus [I didn't put her on the wrong bus, she just got on it]. He called me names and got furious when I told him that I wasn't going to let him intimidate me and that if he had issues, go to the school board. He did and they laughed at him. At first, I did see him as a bully and a jerk. A few days later, he came to my classroom [right after that shooting at Sandy Hook] and apologized to me. I wasn't mad at him. I just felt kind of bad for him and I realized that he was probably a good guy, deep down. He just had a bad day.