• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Se Users and Boredom

DarinJP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was watching a video from a YouTube channel called Vsauce and he covered a video on boredom.
At 4:15 in the video he explains how people with low dopamine in the brain tend to feel more bored and start to seek excitement.
Is it possible that this fact correlates with a persons typology causing them to have high levels of Se and a desire to do more active things?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems to stand to reason, doesn't it?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can say for me, yes, I tend to become restless, unhappy, and anxious if I've had too prolonged a time period of 'doing nothing' - so I like doing things, like and probably need to stay active. In short, I would make a pretty miserable recluse who is solely content being in their head and their own imaginings; frankly I'm not, I like translating/shifting into activities, creations, and experiences. (Also I enjoyed the video!)

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
I get bored if I am not being challenged enough, but then again, I get bored when I'm stuck doing the things I wanted to if there's no one to just bounce off the walls with or just chill with for a break from taking things so seriously, it's like a vicious cycle.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get bored very quickly. Conversations, activities, my own hair and clothing, everything bores me very quickly, I need to be stimulated all the time. Even when my life looks exactly the same for just two years, I get incredibly bored. Someone tried to convince me my ADHD medication causes this chronic boredom, but I think I've always been bored quickly. I just wasn't conscious enough to realize it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get bored easily, but I find things to do that aren't always exciting. Then again I am Ti Dom, not Se. I am a busy body though and can get a lot done in a short amount of time. When I get bored I look for something physical to do, doesn't have to be exciting. I love physical activity, always have. Work has never been a chore or burden.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Low dopamine is an ADHD thing, actually. ADHD does correlate to some degree with SPs, although obviously not completely.

edit: It's associated with depression, too.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I get bored easily, and i have low dopamine, think their's a correlation? I don't have adhd. but i have traits. I'm not an SP