• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do ESFPs deal with anger?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hide myself away from the world until it's over. And I rant a lot.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Are you good with money? I was surprised that a lot of ESFP's I meet are financially shrewd yet generous. How 'bout you?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]
Does it blow over quickly? or do you rant on it every time, over and over?
Depends on who made me angry and what they did to make me angry. Same thing counts for ranting.

[MENTION=7040]Forever_Jung[/MENTION]
Are you good with money? I was surprised that a lot of ESFP's I meet are financially shrewd yet generous. How 'bout you?
I think I'm pretty good with money. I always have some money left by the end of the month and I usually put that leftover money in a savings account. Most of the money I spend (that I don't spend on necessary things) I tend to spend on things I consider to be investment and way to save more money in the future. For example (okay, this one might be a little TMI), I don't have to spend any money on tampons in the next ten years anymore because I invested in a menstrual cup a few months ago (which I'll earn back in 3-4 months).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you had a penis would you rape the Prophet?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ESFPs have a short temper? Example: sensitive to criticism.

Do they care about what other people think of them? Example: someone takes a photo of them, are you worried how you will appear in the photo?

Do they have outbursts of crying sessions? Example: Sit in the car in the morning, crying.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do ESFPs have a short temper? Example: sensitive to criticism.

Do they care about what other people think of them? Example: someone takes a photo of them, are you worried how you will appear in the photo?

Do they have outbursts of crying sessions? Example: Sit in the car in the morning, crying.

I wouldn't say that I and most ESFPs I know have a short temper. We're usually quite peaceful. When it comes to criticism it really depends on who says it and in what kind of way. However, I just really want everybody to like me and I think that counts for most ESFPs (and people in general I think, but mostly for ESFPs). Same counts for what people think of us: it really depends on the person. We all want certain people to think something about us and it's not the same for everyone, so if what we wish others think of us really mismatches with what we want them to think of us, yeah, that can be painful.

As for photographs: YES, I DO WANT TO LOOK GOOD ON THOSE! Can even be a little bit obsessive about it. I'm vain and I think that's a good thing, considering the fact that I'm not exactly Miss Universe. However, I'd still be vain if I were Miss Universe. I'd have to be to keep that title.

I only cry when I'm alone, because I find it really embarrassing if people catch me crying (however, sometimes people I really trust seem to be able to push my buttons in some sort of way that makes me cry out my feels, I hate that). Once I cry, it usually takes a while. When I was younger my average crying spell lasted about an hour, now approximately 7 minutes. I don't cry that often, except when I'm love sick or when a loved one is dying or already died.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As for photographs: YES, I DO WANT TO LOOK GOOD ON THOSE! Can even be a little bit obsessive about it. I'm vain and I think that's a good thing, considering the fact that I'm not exactly Miss Universe. However, I'd still be vain if I were Miss Universe. I'd have to be to keep that title.
How do you handle this event? Can you play out the scenario.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you handle this event? Can you play out the scenario.

If there's a possibility that someone takes a picture of me, I'll try to look my best. I also know that certain angles and facial expressions don't look good on me, so I'll avoid those (except when it comes to strange faces, but those are just for fun). And if someone takes a bad picture of me... I guess I'll 'accidentally' delete the photo if I get the chance. Or at least make sure they can't tag me on Facebook.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there's a possibility that someone takes a picture of me, I'll try to look my best. I also know that certain angles and facial expressions don't look good on me, so I'll avoid those (except when it comes to strange faces, but those are just for fun). And if someone takes a bad picture of me... I guess I'll 'accidentally' delete the photo if I get the chance. Or at least make sure they can't tag me on Facebook.

So if the person takes their time to take the photo and get it wrong. What do you do?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So if the person takes their time to take the photo and get it wrong. What do you do?

Like I said. Secretly delete it when I have the chance or make sure the picture doesn't appear between the pictures I get tagged in on Facebook.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Like I said. Secretly delete it when I have the chance or make sure the picture doesn't appear between the pictures I get tagged in on Facebook.

don't you have a fit or some public tantrum?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would I have a fit or a public tantrum? It's not like I'm three years old.

well it is something an unhealthy ESFJ would do.

so how do you deal with anger. don't you ever show it?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well it is something an unhealthy ESFJ would do.

so how do you deal with anger. don't you ever show it?

I rarely show it. I always try to stay calm on the outside and outsmart the people I'm angry with with my intellect. I never raise my voice and I try to keep some sort of stiff upper lip, but I've been told that I get 'crazy eyes' when I'm angry. So when I'm angry my facial expressions look kind of neutral (except for my scary eyes). I also speak significantly slower when I'm angry and people have criticized me for sounding like I'm trying to mock them in these situations. I guess it's the intellect thing. So no tantrums, no yelling and shouting, no frowning. Just plain creepiness I guess.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rarely show it. I always try to stay calm on the outside and outsmart the people I'm angry with with my intellect. I never raise my voice and I try to keep some sort of stiff upper lip, but I've been told that I get 'crazy eyes' when I'm angry. So when I'm angry my facial expressions look kind of neutral (except for my scary eyes). I also speak significantly slower when I'm angry and people have criticized me for sounding like I'm trying to mock them in these situations. I guess it's the intellect thing. So no tantrums, no yelling and shouting, no frowning. Just plain creepiness I guess.

I wonder what this experience would be like. Are other ESFPs like this too?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder what this experience would be like. Are other ESFPs like this too?

I don't think I've ever seen an ESFP express their anger towards the person they're angry with. At least, not agressively.