• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFPs are suppose to be the 3rd most popular personality in the US for females. Do you think ESFP is as common in Asia?

What is your view of Asia?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFPs are suppose to be the 3rd most popular personality in the US for females. Do you think ESFP is as common in Asia?

What is your view of Asia?

I don't know, I've never been to Asia. I can imagine people would be more introverted there, because I heard that introversion is stimulated in many Asian cultures. But I can't say, I'd have to travel the entire continent to say something about it.

I can't really say what my view of Asia really is, because I think the continent is just way to versatile to generalize. I would like to go there sometime, especially to Japan. I met a few Japanese people over the past few years and they seem pretty special, so I think actually walking around in Japan and watching the culture would be quite amazing. I also wanted to go to China in the past, but I had a teacher who visited China once and he came back with all these stories that terrified me a bit, so I think I'm going to skip China. I'd also like to visit India, even if it's just to see what the actual Indian cuisine looks like. In fact, there are many countries I'd like to visit. I'd even want to visit North Korea once, if I get the chance. A while ago I did this social experiment where I had to stop being myself and conform to everything the mass did and thought and not being able to be myself and speak my mind drove me crazy. I believe not being yourself and not speaking your mind is what North Koreans have to deal with every day, so I'd like to see how they manage not to go crazy.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION]

I would like to know these stories of China.

Do you wear things like the Claddagh ring? How does one know an ESFP is open to the possibility of dating.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I would like to know these stories of China.

Do you wear things like the Claddagh ring? How does one know an ESFP is open to the possibility of dating.

I used to have a ring like that, but the only reason I bought it, was because I liked how it looked. However, I lost it within a few days. I'm not good with tiny things, I lose them quite quickly.

I think one of the best ways to get to know if an ESFP is open to dating, is by asking them. However, I think lots of ESFPs might say they're not while they're actually open or indifferent about it. Most of the time I'm not really open to dating, except when I actually start liking someone. If you think asking isn't the way to go, just try checking if there's any chemistry (but only if you're good at that).

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to have a ring like that, but the only reason I bought it, was because I liked how it looked. However, I lost it within a few days. I'm not good with tiny things, I lose them quite quickly.

I think one of the best ways to get to know if an ESFP is open to dating, is by asking them. However, I think lots of ESFPs might say they're not while they're actually open or indifferent about it. Most of the time I'm not really open to dating, except when I actually start liking someone. If you think asking isn't the way to go, just try checking if there's any chemistry (but only if you're good at that).

I am absolutely horrible with that.

I've only come to learn recently that ESFPs are supposedly more compatible with INTJs. I think it probably has something to do with that Fi thing.

Most of the time, it feels like I'm not allowed to be myself and I am hoping to be my self around an ESFP. I'm hoping to identify one so that I can place myself in the situation that it would somehow cause the chemistry to happen naturally, even though I am basically manipulating the situation. I still want it to happen naturally.

There for I'm trying to find markers to help me identify who is who. I always seem to end up with the Fe types in general, that has a cadenza over how things should be and not how it can be.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am absolutely horrible with that.

I've only come to learn recently that ESFPs are supposedly more compatible with INTJs. I think it probably has something to do with that Fi thing.

Most of the time, it feels like I'm not allowed to be myself and I am hoping to be my self around an ESFP. I'm hoping to identify one so that I can place myself in the situation that it would somehow cause the chemistry to happen naturally, even though I am basically manipulating the situation. I still want it to happen naturally.

There for I'm trying to find markers to help me identify who is who. I always seem to end up with the Fe types in general, that has a cadenza over how things should be and not how it can be.

Fe-doms don't yolo, that's the difference.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe-doms don't yolo, that's the difference.

Now imagine you were working as a waitress, and you tell me that I should let you know when I am ready to order after having a nice chat with me. What would you be doing when it seems like I'm taking my time and not giving out the signal as to letting you know that I am ready.

a) decide to to come over anyway
b) run around doing something else
c) other, explain

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now imagine you were working as a waitress, and you tell me that I should let you know when I am ready to order after having a nice chat with me. What would you be doing when it seems like I'm taking my time and not giving out the signal as to letting you know that I am ready.

a) decide to to come over anyway
b) run around doing something else
c) other, explain

I'd help other clients. They need me too. If there are no other clients, I'd do other work related stuff. Work is work.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you like to watch movies?

Have you ever binge-watched an entire series or season of a TV show?

W

WALMART

A billionaire - Mr. Gaunt - has informed you a large meteor is poised to strike Earth. No other organization has picked up its presence, and Mr. Gaunt has shown you the evidence - Earth will certainly be destroyed one week from this Sunday. A very select few have been chosen for secrecy and granted ten million dollars to enjoy their final moments.

What would you do with your thirteen and change days?

baccheion

1. How high is your sex drive?
  2. Do you seduce, or wait to be approached? If so, then how?
  3. What causes you to take the things you have to do seriously?
  4. Have you ever suffered from any mental illnesses (other than ADD)?
  5. Do you like answering these questions?
  6. Are you attractive now, or are you still the "person no one would bone" as you stated earlier? What would you rate yourself?
  7. Do you sext or send raunchy pictures, or are you more conservative?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION]
A billionaire - Mr. Gaunt - has informed you a large meteor is poised to strike Earth. No other organization has picked up its presence, and Mr. Gaunt has shown you the evidence - Earth will certainly be destroyed one week from this Sunday. A very select few have been chosen for secrecy and granted ten million dollars to enjoy their final moments.

What would you do with your thirteen and change days?

I'd yolo.

[MENTION=17495]CapLawyer[/MENTION]
How high is your sex drive?
High compared to most women. I mean, how many times are most women in the mood for sex, once a week? I'd say I have an average man's sex drive.
Do you seduce, or wait to be approached? If so, then how?
I'd seduce them myself! If I wait to be approached, I'd probably end up with losers and not with guys I'm actually interested in.
What causes you to take the things you have to do seriously?
Maslow's Pyramid.
Have you ever suffered from any mental illnesses (other than ADD)?
Depression, when I was a teen.
Do you like answering these questions?
If they're not 'deep', sure.
Are you attractive now, or are you still the "person no one would bone" as you stated earlier? What would you rate yourself?
I have a skin condition which worsened over the last few months, so I think I even became more unattractive. If I didn't suffer from my skin condition, I think I'd be a 7-8 out of 10, but right now I'm a 4, max. If I have to explain what I look like right now, I'd say I look like a massive walking talking aids stain and I don't even have aids!
Do you sext or send raunchy pictures, or are you more conservative?
I'm cautious, because things like these have been used against me in the past.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Define seducing a guy, what is the furthest you would go when seducing a guy and when would you give up?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ESFPs generally need a lot of affirmation? 6 meaningful non-sexual touches per day (hugs, kisses, etc.) Saying "l love you" at least 2 or 3 times a day. Setting time each week for a "date." Spontaneous showering of gifts when there is no occasion.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]
Define seducing a guy, what is the furthest you would go when seducing a guy and when would you give up?
Idk, seducing is seducing. I usually give up when I notice he really isn't interested in me and probably won't be, no matter how hard I try.

Do ESFPs generally need a lot of affirmation? 6 meaningful non-sexual touches per day (hugs, kisses, etc.) Saying "l love you" at least 2 or 3 times a day. Setting time each week for a "date." Spontaneous showering of gifts when there is no occasion.
Needing is a big word, but we sure like it, as long as we feel like the person who gives us that affirmation actually means it. I think that's the most important thing: there is no point to it if you don't mean it, we feel it if you don't mean it.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Idk, seducing is seducing. I usually give up when I notice he really isn't interested in me and probably won't be, no matter how hard I try.

Needing is a big word, but we sure like it, as long as we feel like the person who gives us that affirmation actually means it. I think that's the most important thing: there is no point to it if you don't mean it, we feel it if you don't mean it.
Well I'm lost honestly, you will have to explain to me how an ESFP seduces. You don't have to go far, just until the guy is seduced and reciprocating. Surely you do it differently to others would do it. So lets have it then. And also, how do you know the guy is not interested?

How would you know, when the affirmation is not meant?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I'm lost honestly, you will have to explain to me how an ESFP seduces. You don't have to go far, just until the guy is seduced and reciprocating. Surely you do it differently to others would do it. So lets have it then. And also, how do you know the guy is not interested?

How would you know, when the affirmation is not meant?

I'm starting to get curious why you're so curious about how an ESFP seduces. But whatever.

Well, seducing, what's that all about? I'm just making sure he notices me and I try to seem as friendly and attractive as possible. If I get a bad response, I back off and leave him the fuck alone. If I don't get a bad response, I usually get a little touchy-feely, but not too much. When I get to this point, I let the guy take over all control, that means that if I don't get an active response, this is as far as I go. If he really is interested, he'll try to make a move too. People already overestimate how sexually motivated my actions are, I don't want guys to feel raped.

Knowing if a guy is interested and if affirmation is meant, has to do with reading body language and facial expressions and picking up little signals. I don't know if this goes for all ESFPs, but I'm really good at it. To me it's very easy to see if a seemingly happy person is really happy, or if a seemingly happy couple is going to last for a while, or if a seemingly respectable person isn't hiding something. It comes natural to me, I'm just surprised that others tend to have such a hard time reading people. So that's how I know if affirmation is meant or if a guy is interested: I just know it.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm starting to get curious why you're so curious about how an ESFP seduces. But whatever.
Because I am really interested in finding an ESFP.

Well, seducing, what's that all about? I'm just making sure he notices me and I try to seem as friendly and attractive as possible. If I get a bad response, I back off and leave him the fuck alone. If I don't get a bad response, I usually get a little touchy-feely, but not too much. When I get to this point, I let the guy take over all control, that means that if I don't get an active response, this is as far as I go. If he really is interested, he'll try to make a move too. People already overestimate how sexually motivated my actions are, I don't want guys to feel raped.
I have read that ESFPs are proactive, but now that you have gone in more detail, I see, that the guy still has to play some role in this "game".

Knowing if a guy is interested and if affirmation is meant, has to do with reading body language and facial expressions and picking up little signals. I don't know if this goes for all ESFPs, but I'm really good at it. To me it's very easy to see if a seemingly happy person is really happy, or if a seemingly happy couple is going to last for a while, or if a seemingly respectable person isn't hiding something. It comes natural to me, I'm just surprised that others tend to have such a hard time reading people. So that's how I know if affirmation is meant or if a guy is interested: I just know it.
Well have you read an INTJ yet?
This is what I feel: :happy2:
But I have this on my face: :mad:

Apparently NiTe's facial expression throws people off, because the bottom half is asynchronous to the top half.
I might even have a death stare, or a look that is staring right through you.
I have these unimpressed eyes too, no wonder people think I have such high standards.
I got this youtube from another thread, very informative to me, since I can't read people at all. Blind as a bat if you will, especially if it comes to social cues.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because I am really interested in finding an ESFP.
Bad idea. If you try to find a partner with a specific MBTI type, you might lose sight of potential partners with other types that might be more suitable.

I have read that ESFPs are proactive, but now that you have gone in more detail, I see, that the guy still has to play some role in this "game".
Absolutely. If I am the only one giving in this "game" and I don't find myself receiving anything, what is that supposed to tell me about other parts of a potential relationship? It can't all rely on just one person.

Well have you read an INTJ yet?
I haven't misread anyone in a long time. Eight years to be exact. They happened to be INFP and ESTJ. So I'd read you correctly.