• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is a behavior you strongly dislike in others?
Something I noticed with my fellow students is that most of them tend to be really unrealistic and trying to get to live up to unrealistic ideals and I can't stand that either. I just find it stupid when people don't have enough sense of reality to realize that their plans just aren't going to work out properly. I hate it when people are being negative and pessimistic when there's absolutely no need to and I also hate secretive behavior.
This sounds like a list of all the things I do. Haha... :peepwall:

Sorry for it being late, but: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This sounds like a list of all the things I do. Haha... :peepwall:

Sorry for it being late, but: Welcome to the forum!

Then stop doing those things and thank you for your welcome! :D

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(sometimes it's scary how good I can predict things, but I think it has more to do with common sense than paranormal shit).
It's (inferior) Ni, of course. ;) I've heard both my ISFP friends say about the same thing.
Do you think there are any ESFP philosophers?
No, no, NO! If there are any ESFP philosophers, they must be goddamn insane! No, I severely disapprove of the idea of ESFP philosophers. ESFPs were made to do more useful things, not to sit on the couch all day with a freaking opium pipe between their lips and thinking about if they actually exist or if everything is just imagination. When I was in high school, I attended some philosophy classes, but they were okay, because our teacher was highly skeptic of philosophic theories and preferred to fill every class with stories about feminism (she was actually a history teacher and a hippie, coolest teacher ever). Now I have to follow some philosophy classes too, but they bore the shit out of me.
Lol, I actually feel the same way some of the time, and it's my major. I love theories and analysis and penetrating into the mysteries of the universe just for the sake of it, but after a bit (and especially after reading some complicated passage I don't understand) I just think about the fact that it really doesn't matter. We're just here, the world is how it is, and we have to deal with it the best way we know how even if it's not perfect according to some fancy ethical system. That's one reason I like Taoism; it's absurdly simple, but perfectly describes like everything you could ever want to know.
I really wonder if philosophers really have nothing better to do with their lives than making everything more complicated than it already is.
Something I like to say is that philosophy consists of making simple things complicated and complicated things simple.
Like I sometimes say to my friends, "a chair is just a fucking chair, a table is just a fucking table, a window is just a fucking window AND NOTHING ELSE".
Wow, my (INTP) philosophy professor last semester said pretty much this exact same thing (minus the profanity) as the standard interpretation of physical reality; we were discussing a paper I was writing, and I was saying how a chair is a collection of molecules, and molecules are collections of energy, and that is not really what we think of as physical, so notions of what physical reality is have changed. So he said two ways of looking at it are that a chair is both a chair and a collection of molecules/energy or a chair is just a chair and nothing else.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
*has been waiting for this moment for about 2-3 yrs*

*strategizes about how to extract as much information as possible before the ESFP flutters away*

As our opposites/shadow/anima, INTJs are often both repulsed by and oddly drawn to ESFPs; I've heard enough INTJs say this to know that's it's true (and Jungian theory would imply as much); we've never really had enough ESFPs on here to ask that question to, but my intuition is that I'm not sure the relationship is completely symmetrical... do you find that ESFPs experience a similar such dynamic?

*remembers that, oddly/coincidentally, he was thinking about starting a series of threads about this topic (one for each shadow pairing) this morning*

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you generous? Do you like sport? What are your 5/10 favourites movies? What are your 5/10 favourites famous people? What's your Zodiac sign? (sun, rising sign, planets etc)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think about ENFP tangents?

[The last time i spoke with an ESFP about something I continued delving into the topic until the ESFP stopped me with "but why? whats the point of this?" It actually really made me think and realise that to others there seemed to be no point at all. And sometimes i really did not know myself.]

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]
As our opposites/shadow/anima, INTJs are often both repulsed by and oddly drawn to ESFPs; I've heard enough INTJs say this to know that's it's true (and Jungian theory would imply as much); we've never really had enough ESFPs on here to ask that question to, but my intuition is that I'm not sure the relationship is completely symmetrical... do you find that ESFPs experience a similar such dynamic?
I have no idea. I think I would have to ask everyone I know what their types are, because I don't know if I know any irl. I think the people I know are more extraverted and feelery (psychology students and artsy-fartsy kids), so maybe I don't know any.

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
Are you generous?
I actually don't have any money to be REALLY generous, but you could say I'm as generous as I can be. A few months ago I went on a holiday and one of the people who came with us was the type of person who, let's say, has trouble staying awake. I brought a shitload of energy drink with me just so the kiddo wouldn't have that much trouble not falling asleep. He offered to pay back me for all that energy drink, but that actually made me kind of angry (he always does stuff like that, offering me food and clothes when I didn't even ask for it, what a douche). Also, when I grew up I was told I shouldn't give money to charity, but I grew up giving money to charity anyways (but only if they asked for it in a non-shitty way and if I believed in the cause).

Do you like sport?
No. Hate it. Never been good at it and it makes me sweat and I hate sweating.

What are your 5/10 favorite movies?
This one is difficult, because I can't really think of my favorite movies. One thing is sure, and that's that Quentin Tarantino is my favorite director, but then again I also love movies like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or even animation movies. I also have the tendency to go to movies starring Jude Law for the stupid and shallow reason that I think he's hot. Oh well, humor, action, adventure and absurdism always work for me.

What are your 5/10 favorite famous people?
I don't pick favorites when it comes to people, that's mean!!!!

Oh well, okay then:
Jude Law, like I said, because he's hot.
Angelina Jolie, because she's cool and I want to be like her and I'd turn gay for her.
Hit Girl from Kick-Ass, I know she doesn't exist, but that doesn't stop making her cool.
From the BBC Sherlock series, both Holmes and Moriarty, because they're awesome and I can really relate to their chronic boredom.
Honey Boo Boo, because I think this list needed something extremely low-brow and also because she has some spot-on comments.

What's your Zodiac sign? (sun, rising sign, planets etc)
Take a wild guess.

[MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION]
What do you think about ENFP tangents?
Yesterday I checked the differences between ESFPs and ENFPs, because someone commented on me having some ENFP symptoms. It seems like we have a lot in common, because we both like people, we're both chaotic, etc. I think that ENFPs are more like the more serious brothers and sisters of the ESFP. I think that ESFPs and ENFPs can get along very well, but the N-S part can clash when the ENFPs get to theoretical. I personally hate difficult and vague reading material. The thing that really made me decide that I was right about me being ESFP was a video where the two were compared and the difference in attitude when it comes to clothing was discussed.

Mole

Permabanned
Would you like to join a group practising improvisation?

Would you like to join a group practising empathy?

Or would your like to join a group practising interval dancing?

How important do you think is practice?

Do you think practice is a noun and practise is a verb?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]
Would you like to join a group practising improvisation?
Depends on what type of improvisation, but sure, I think it could be cool.

Would you like to join a group practising empathy?
How would you supposed to be practicing empathy?

Or would your like to join a group practising interval dancing?
Have to look that up on Google... *looks up interval dancing on Google* No, that seems boring to me. I prefer dancing on a dance floor than dancing some dance other people want me to dance.

How important do you think is practice?
If you want to be good at something and you didn't have the natural talent to do it perfectly the first time around, which is the case most of the time, then I'm sure you need practice.

Do you think practice is a noun and practise is a verb?
I would have said 'I don't know' when I first read it, because English isn't my first language. But now that I'm writing down my answer and I copied your questions from your message, I notice that my spelling check is going crazy about 'practise' with an 's'. So I suppose you need to spell practice with a 'c' every time, whether it's for a verb or a noun.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is your first language?
Take a guess.

What is it you like about dancing?
I like how it feels. Except when I'm doing some choreography other people made up for me, that ruins the fun for me.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chinese
Nope, not even close.

How does dancing feel to you?
Try it yourself. I doubt that it would feel anything different to me than it would to you.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you ever enjoy any geeky form of entertainment like Star Wars or Pokemon?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello Comeback Girl! Do you tend to end your relationships, or do they? Do you tend to keep your ex-boyfriends after you've broken up?