• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Great thread idea -- good for you for making it. :)

How do you feel about Keirsey? Do you relate to how he describes the SP temperament, and how he describes the ESFP Performer?

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=18819]What would you like to offer an introvert like Mole?
What would you like me to offer you? Can't just make up something out of nothing.

Well, think of all the things the extrovert Ratty is good at that the introvert Mole needs, then tell me. Tell me how a lovely extrovert like you can make the life of a shy introvert like me, happy.

I mean ask yourself, why are the extrovert Water Rat and the introvert Mole such good friends?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What kind of questions do you like?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is your perspective on the value of MBTI and typology?

It's good.

(I'm here to provide the more concise ESFP answers.) ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
[*]Do you know the types of anyone you've been in a relationship with?

Yes.

[*]What type of person do you get along best with?

A person with a sense of humor.

[*]Do you fall in love easily?

Yes.

[*]What is love like for you?

Like pure joy mixed with an even higher level of goofiness than normal, and a strong desire to be in contact always.

[*]ESFPs aren't commonly online. What brought you online, and what keeps your here?

That is very false. ESFPs are extremely common online. This misconception that ESFPs aren't online probably just stems from us not frequenting the same online sites as you do. ESFPs are ALL OVER sports forums, music forums, and of course all the popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter and stuff like that, and many other online spots.

What brought me online originally was my older brother telling me "hey, look at this cool stuff you can do on the computer." What keeps me online is the fact that there's now even more cool stuff to do on the computer.

[*]Are you a big facebook/social media user?

Yes, and so are a lot of other ESFPs. (callback to previous question) ;)

[*]Do you prefer to have a wide circle of friends or a small one?

Wide. I'd prefer it to circle the entire world.

[*]How closely does the ESFP description fit your personality?

Depends on the description. Overall, those profiles that focus more on the preferences and less on specific habits are more prone to be accurate about me. The best one I've read is the one at http://www.bestfittype.com/16Types/ESFP.cfm.

[*]How did you decide that you were an ESFp?

Most online assessments I did gave me the result of either ESFP or ISFP. I originally typed myself as ISFP because I used the common definition of introvert, meaning I'm not particularly socially active compared to a lot of other people and not great at starting conversations, etc. But the more I learned about typology and the more conversations I had with actual introverts who talked about things like "needing alone time" the more I realized that extravert fit me better. Then I took the actual MBTI and also came up as ESFP on that, so that was the clincher. I always prefer to be in the company of others, most of my "alone time" is not by choice, but I adapt to it out of necessity.

[*]Do you like getting into the theories while studying psychology, or are you usually attracted to something else?

Something else.

[*]What drew you to that major?

I'm more drawn to the majorettes. :wink:

[*]Do you enjoy going to school, or is it just something you have to do?

No.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know, I'm just new here, but in my introduction post thingy I read that there is some serious lack of ESFPs around here. So if you have a question you think only an ESFP can answer, just ask me and I'll try to answer it!

By the way, Comeback Girl, welcome to the forum! :) You are correct, we ESFPs are small in number here, however we make up for that by being incredibly awesome. :cool:

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]
I mean ask yourself, why are the extrovert Water Rat and the introvert Mole such good friends?

I don't know, but I don't think being an extrovert or an introvert changes anything about being able to be friends with each other.
[MENTION=6071]Time[/MENTION]
What kind of questions do you like?
Questions that are not way too complicated. Easy, simple, normal questions.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By the way, Comeback Girl, welcome to the forum! :) You are correct, we ESFPs are small in number here, however we make up for that by being incredibly awesome. :cool:

I agree! And thanks for your welcome! :)

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
How do you feel about Keirsey? Do you relate to how he describes the SP temperament, and how he describes the ESFP Performer?

I don't know, Keirsey was just doing his job the best way he could, I guess. I think he created a very positive image about SPs, while I think many people kind of think of them in a more negative way (lazy by Js, dumb by Ns), so that's a good thing. I do recognize myself in it and also in the ESFP description. So yeah, that's all good. :)

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION]
What's the best thing that happened to you today?

Well, I hope the best thing that would happen to me today hasn't happened yet, because I'm off to a party in a few minutes and I hope that will be good. I don't know what else would be today's highlight. I've done a lot today, but if I had to be honest, I'd name taking a dump as the best moment of my day, as far as the day has gone by up till now.

What's the best thing that happened to you today?

Well, I hope the best thing that would happen to me today hasn't happened yet, because I'm off to a party in a few minutes and I hope that will be good. I don't know what else would be today's highlight. I've done a lot today, but if I had to be honest, I'd name taking a dump as the best moment of my day, as far as the day has gone by up till now.

:laugh:

The satisfaction of taking a good dump is actually pretty hard to beat.

Post details on the party here later!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you think about the things you are going to do, how do you think about it? Do you imagine yourself doing it, anticipate how you will feel, try to predict the future, plan, etc.?

Do you think there are any ESFP philosophers?

How could an ESFP and an INTP possibly have anything to talk about? From what I've seen online, it's not as uncommon a combination as one might expect.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Post details on the party here later!
It was bad. I knew about nine people who would attend the party too, but from those nine people only two showed up. One of them happened to be someone I don't talk to, because she unfriended me on Facebook (which means she hates me and people who hate me don't deserve to have any contact with me). Also one of my best friends, let's call him 'Jimmy', said he would attend the party, but he didn't show up. He's currently dating this girl who doesn't allow him to go anywhere. Not that she wants him to stay home with her, because sometimes she goes to places he was supposed to go in his place, but she doesn't seem to want him to go anywhere. I haven't seen 'Jimmy' in a month and I miss him a lot, because he's like a big brother to me (I did ask him when he had time to hang out, but he never knows when he has time). So that kinda ruined my mood.
Then there were lots of other people at the party who I didn't know yet and I just wanted to get straight to the dance floor, but no one else wanted to dance. Instead they just stood in circles talking about people I didn't know and stuff. I tried to convince some people to come and dance too, but most people just seemed to want to talk. Also, most people were friends of one of the host's boyfriend, who's like eight years older than me, so they were kinda more serious. It didn't help me improve my mood.
Conclusion: I think taking a dump is still yesterday's highlight.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]
When you think about the things you are going to do, how do you think about it? Do you imagine yourself doing it, anticipate how you will feel, try to predict the future, plan, etc.?
It depends on what type of thing we're talking about. If it's about making an important choice or solving a problem, I try to find out what's the best thing to do. When I found something good in this situation, I think of ways to improve it. I do try to predict the future outcomes of these things, because somehow I'm good at predicting what the outcomes of certain events will be (sometimes it's scary how good I can predict things, but I think it has more to do with common sense than paranormal shit). When it's about just fun stuff, I imagine myself doing it and enjoying it.

Do you think there are any ESFP philosophers?
No, no, NO! If there are any ESFP philosophers, they must be goddamn insane! No, I severely disapprove of the idea of ESFP philosophers. ESFPs were made to do more useful things, not to sit on the couch all day with a freaking opium pipe between their lips and thinking about if they actually exist or if everything is just imagination. When I was in high school, I attended some philosophy classes, but they were okay, because our teacher was highly skeptic of philosophic theories and preferred to fill every class with stories about feminism (she was actually a history teacher and a hippie, coolest teacher ever). Now I have to follow some philosophy classes too, but they bore the shit out of me. I really wonder if philosophers really have nothing better to do with their lives than making everything more complicated than it already is. Like I sometimes say to my friends, "a chair is just a fucking chair, a table is just a fucking table, a window is just a fucking window AND NOTHING ELSE".

How could an ESFP and an INTP possibly have anything to talk about? From what I've seen online, it's not as uncommon a combination as one might expect.
I know some INTPs and they can be cool actually. I just think they need to have something in common to talk about. Common interests, the same job/education, maybe some friends they have in common, things they have done together.

W

WALMART

You are [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]' doppelganger.

You two should team up and conquer the world.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]' doppelganger.

You two should team up and conquer the world.

You mean the doppelganger from an alternate universe where everything is the exact opposite of here or what? :huh:

W

WALMART

You mean the doppelganger from an alternate universe where everything is the exact opposite of here or what? :huh:

You two aren't wholly different. The variances are illusory only upon the surface, the way one unwitting of refraction may miscalculate the location of a fish hiding just inside water.

Do you play videogames? What is your favorite medium of entertainment, and why?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You two aren't wholly different. The variances are illusory only upon the surface, the way one unwitting of refraction may miscalculate the location of a fish hiding just inside water.

Do you play videogames? What is your favorite medium of entertainment, and why?

Well, okay, right. Because ESFPs and INTJs have the opposite letters, but the same functions or something?

I've never actually owned a videogame! If I had to estimate how many time I've spent playing videogames in my entire life, I'd have to say less than ten hours. They never had an appeal to me. I think my favorite medium of entertainment is music, because you can bring it with you everywhere. I think it's more of an addiction really, I always need some sounds and noise around me. Silence makes me nervous.

W

WALMART

Well, okay, right. Because ESFPs and INTJs have the opposite letters, but the same functions or something?

Maybe so.

I've never actually owned a videogame! If I had to estimate how many time I've spent playing videogames in my entire life, I'd have to say less than ten hours. They never had an appeal to me. I think my favorite medium of entertainment is music, because you can bring it with you everywhere. I think it's more of an addiction really, I always need some sounds and noise around me. Silence makes me nervous.

What are your favorite types of music? Favorite color?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are your favorite types of music? Favorite color?

My favorite types of music are mostly dance and some pop (but only if you can dance to it). Also some songs that make me nostalgic, but that has more to do with nostalgia.

I'm not 100% sure what my favorite color is. It always used to love bright red, but lately I'm cheating on it with bright yellow. Oh well, as long as it's bright, I like it.